Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Air Balloon (iOS only)

Rhino Keeper
    Well my last 2 balloons required salmon, doll houses or dolls. Those are too hard to come by! I personally can't see using these items to get 1 trade ticket.

Farm Supplier
    I amend my previous post. My "difficult" item on my balloon this morning was cheese, so it seems like it's just a recipe item. Up until now I have had the bad luck of frequently getting truffle polenta and orange marmalade.

This balloon requires 1836 coins (I have had over 3500 coins, so it's not increasing by the ticket for me-- I think it's tied to how much your items are worth) and you sell black truffles back for 39 coins, cheese for 18 coins, bananas for 23 coins, and tomatoes for 6 coins.

Most of my decorations are in storage, so I'm not sure why I am even bothering! O-O

Fashion Designer
    I'm level 39 and I have it. Expanded and repaired the balloon yesterday or day before, don't remember. To those who don't have and want it, I wish I could give you mine. So not worth having. It just wants all your stuff. You don't get any money or xp for ANYTHING. You're just throwing it all in the hot air balloon shaped trash can. I didn't work to get all this stuff just to throw it all away. And it wants a LOT of stuff too, just to get 1 stupid ticket. And apparently I need 10 tickets to get a mystery item, of who knows what value. If I know Teamlava (and sadly I do pretty well) I seriously doubt the item will be worth anything close to the value of items it's asking me to throw away.

So to those who are unhappy that you don't have it yet, I wish I didn't have it. I thought I'd at least get some xp for all the items I gave him, but nope got nothing.

Mr. Merriweather I don't consider this to be a "trade", this dear sir is what we call a rip off. A trade implies each party gets something out of the trade. Giving me a ticket that absolutely worthless unless I have 10 or more is nowhere near a fair trade. At least the train gives you stuff for your items and then a bonus at the end. This balloon is a total rip off.

*edited typos*
    Last edited by Lueann; 08-11-14 at 06:58 PM.

Grand Emperor
    I don't have the ballon yet so I may be wrong. This balloon allows you to make and load items. So this means you can still make or cook items when slots in your shop are full. Afterall no point making more if you have a full shop and limited barn. Ok maybe the rewards need some improvement but this does seem like a way to allow us to keep doing farm activities and keep playing while we wait for shop to clear or train to come. To me it seems interesting. Similar to another game, not by TL, which I am playing.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lueann View Post
    I'm level 39 and I have it. Expanded and repaired the balloon yesterday or day before, don't remember. To those who don't have and want it, I wish I could give you mine. So not worth having. It just wants all your stuff. You don't get any money or xp for ANYTHING. You're just throwing it all in the hot air balloon shaped trash can. I didn't work to get all this stuff just to throw it all away. And it wants a LOT of stuff too, just to get 1 stupid ticket. And apparently I need 10 tickets to get a mystery item, of who knows what value. If I know Teamlava (and sadly I do pretty well) I seriously doubt the item will be worth anything close to the value of items it's asking me to throw away.

So to those who are unhappy that you don't have it yet, I wish I didn't have it. I thought I'd at least get some xp for all the items I gave him, but nope got nothing.

Mr. Merriweather I don't consider this to be a "trade", this dear sir is what we call a rip off. A trade implies each party gets something out of the trade. Giving me a ticket that absolutely worthless unless I have 10 or more is nowhere near a fair trade. At least the train gives you stuff for your items and then a bonus at the end. This balloon is a total rip off.

*edited typos*
    Not even Xp points? How weird that is Thx for info

Executive Chef
    I am on LVL 25 AND I GOT THIS! TO COOL

You do get paid for the items you put into the balloon. I haven't noticed the xp will look next time. Am saving up for the gold prize so will be some time yet!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by dexterslodge View Post
    You do get paid for the items you put into the balloon. I haven't noticed the xp will look next time. Am saving up for the gold prize so will be some time yet!
    I wish I had it, to see what it's like. I'm at level 60 which seems to make no difference I'd like to expand even if it just clears my storage, lol. But I do wonder when it's coming out for the rest of us
    Last edited by horsey3; 08-19-14 at 03:11 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dexterslodge View Post
    If you call that getting paid. They pay you half the base price for the items. Today my balloon is asking for apples, bacon, chocolate oranges, and peppers.

Balloon pays $14 for 1 bacon.
    My shop pays $29 (base price) or $31 (full price) for 1 bacon.

Balloon pays $12 for 1 apple
    My shop pays $23 (base price) or $28 (full price) for 1 apple.

Balloon pays $51 for 1 chocolate orange
    My shop pays $108 (base) or $119 (full price) for 1.

Balloon pays $12 for 1 pepper
    My shop pays $26 (base) or $28 (full) for 1.

I guess if you have loads of money (I don't) then you may not care how much you get paid for each item. But since you don't get any XP I would think they could at least pay you a fair price. It's already really hard to make money in this game, why must they make it harder.

Plus I've seen players as low as level 18 have the balloon on their farm (not repaired of course). But if it's going to be available to players of all levels, which it looks like it will be. Then they really need to pay you are fair price for your items cause people of lower levels are already struggling to make money. People will flat out quit playing if making money gets even harder cause they fail to realize how little the balloon is paying them.

I get that this is still in testing phase. I really hope this is something they change. But this sort of thing is something they tend to do on purpose ("for game continuity") so you don't get too far in the game too fast that you get bored and quit playing. They do this sort of thing to keep gameplay slow moving with just enough reward to keep you wanting to move forward but (hopefully) spending money on gems to help yourself move a little faster. So I will be really surprised if this gets better.

I know I sound really negative about the balloon so thought I'd mention what I do like about it, though if it doesn't start paying more and/or giving XP I'll stop using it just like I stopped using the train.
    1. The biggest thing I've noticed that I like, is that it seems to only ask for items you actually have. Unlike the train that regularly asks for stuff I don't have at all, usually hard to find items so I can't even go buy them.

2. Also the balloon allows you to choose how many of each item you give it. Unlike the train which asks for a specific number of each item. So if I have 50 apples but only 4 chocolate oranges I can give it a ton of apples and only 2 oranges and it's fine. I like that I can choose how much or little I'm willing to give of each item.

3. I also like that it only asks for 4 different items. Unlike the train which, in my opinion, asks for WAAAAAYYYYY tooooo much stuff.

Something else I wish the balloon (and train) would change. Once it's gone it should tell you what it's going to ask for once it comes back. That way you can work on stocking up on those items in the time that it's gone so your more prepared once it gets there. Like I could have been making chocolate oranges while it was gone so I'd have more in stock once it got back.
    Last edited by Lueann; 08-13-14 at 05:53 PM.

Host(ess)
    I totally agreed with Lueann on his shared thoughts on the Balloon & Train operating mode, especially pointer 2 & 3.
    I'm really hoping Team Lava would SERIOUSLY consider all these CONSTRUCTIVE feedback that we shared.

I know it's not an easy job for the TEAM to keep us constantly interested coming back to the game.
    And seriously, there's no way to make everyone happy to their expectations.

I'm showing them my support in many ways like sending them with good feedback and of course guying gems.
    Everyone needs to get paid in what they do, there're expenses to pay too at TL operations...

Hopefully we could see the FS2 community gets bigger and more thrilled and what TL will roll them out...
    Commercially Fair and Reasonable event... haha

I'm into getting my ticket no. 25 soon, but it's true that with ALL THOSE ITEMS I had turned in,
    I could had combined ALL OF THEM and got a Sushi House... It'll be a TOTAL RIPOFF if the redeemed prize turn out as 3 mining tools.
    TEAM LAVA, PLEASE LOOK INTO THE GOLD PRIZES GROUP SERIOUSLY !!!
    The values of prize items there JUST DO NOT MATCH UP to what we INVESTED IN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lueann View Post
    If you call that getting paid. They pay you half the base price for the items. Today my balloon is asking for apples, bacon, chocolate oranges, and peppers.

Balloon pays $14 for 1 bacon.
    My shop pays $29 (base price) or $31 (full price) for 1 bacon.

Balloon pays $12 for 1 apple
    My shop pays $23 (base price) or $28 (full price) for 1 apple.

Balloon pays $51 for 1 chocolate orange
    My shop pays $108 (base) or $119 (full price) for 1.

Balloon pays $12 for 1 pepper
    My shop pays $26 (base) or $28 (full) for 1.

I guess if you have loads of money (I don't) then you may not care how much you get paid for each item. But since you don't get any XP I would think they could at least pay you a fair price. It's already really hard to make money in this game, why must they make it harder.

Plus I've seen players as low as level 18 have the balloon on their farm (not repaired of course). But if it's going to be available to players of all levels, which it looks like it will be. Then they really need to pay you are fair price for your items cause people of lower levels are already struggling to make money. People will flat out quit playing if making money gets even harder cause they fail to realize how little the balloon is paying them.

I get that this is still in testing phase. I really hope this is something they change. But this sort of thing is something they tend to do on purpose ("for game continuity") so you don't get too far in the game too fast that you get bored and quit playing. They do this sort of thing to keep gameplay slow moving with just enough reward to keep you wanting to move forward but (hopefully) spending money on gems to help yourself move a little faster. So I will be really surprised if this gets better.

I know I sound really negative about the balloon so thought I'd mention what I do like about it, though if it doesn't start paying more and/or giving XP I'll stop using it just like I stopped using the train.
    1. The biggest thing I've noticed that I like, is that it seems to only ask for items you actually have. Unlike the train that regularly asks for stuff I don't have at all, usually hard to find items so I can't even go buy them.

2. Also the balloon allows you to choose how many of each item you give it. Unlike the train which asks for a specific number of each item. So if I have 50 apples but only 4 chocolate oranges I can give it a ton of apples and only 2 oranges and it's fine. I like that I can choose how much or little I'm willing to give of each item.

3. I also like that it only asks for 4 different items. Unlike the train which, in my opinion, asks for WAAAAAYYYYY tooooo much stuff.

Something else I wish the balloon (and train) would change. Once it's gone it should tell you what it's going to ask for once it comes back. That way you can work on stocking up on those items in the time that it's gone so your more prepared once it gets there. Like I could have been making chocolate oranges while it was gone so I'd have more in stock once it got back.
    Last edited by integra77; 08-13-14 at 10:23 PM.

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast