Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/28: Beast Master Challenge - season 17

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    3 questions:
    1) at the beginning i saw some random flash screen about getting tokens or something by winning at the baron's tent (I figured they did that since the current prizes aren't too popular). so i did that. got nothing. does anyone remember what it was?
    Here's a screenshot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	1057 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	50874

Quote Originally Posted by comeseecomesah View Post
    I just spawned glimmer golem from gingerbread steed. Maybe they fixed it.
    Thanks for the update. I tried again and did spawn a glimmer golem from the gingerbread steed.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    The armoured lions are good if you want trade tickets. Mine regularly (and I do mean regularly, not rarely) drop 3 tickets. But they do need a lot of nuggets to craft.

Upgrading the portal takes a lot for the incremental increases in energy, so it may be better to get the Alis that have a chance of larger energy drops, if energy is what you want.
    I think someone mentioned an average of once a week for the lions dropping trade tickets, which means if you have 4 of them, that’s every other day.
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    3 questions:
    1) at the beginning i saw some random flash screen about getting tokens or something by winning at the baron's tent (I figured they did that since the current prizes aren't too popular). so i did that. got nothing. does anyone remember what it was?
    2) why don't glimmer trolls give tokens. they give points (which i don't care about because i dont care about the LB & get plenty of points beuase usually i manage to only spawn kitsunecorns), but no tokens
    3) do goats or alpacas spawn monsters? (mine are all in storage)
    Monsters spawn:

Dead trees = blue direboars 30 hits gives both tokens but can only spawn 1 per day atm (wasn't like that on the last hunt)
    Horses = purple glimmer golems 90 hits drops both tokens and spawns multiple times
    Cows and pigs = kitsecorns 10 hits gives only points and kitsecorn tokens

Other items in your kingdom still spawn other monsters. Trolls and aquanthers do not drop sword and shield tokens but do give points.

HTH,
    Trudyscandles

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    Here's a screenshot

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	1057 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	50874
    so by winning the prize we have a CHANCE to get tokens. yay

Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    I can only answer the first two:
    1)There is a separate thread about this Baron quest line. As usual, full of useful info. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...s-(March-2019)
    2) glimmer trolls DO give tokens, shield at every hit and sword and staff (up to about 10) when you finish the troll off. Are supposed to give them anyway!! I am hacking my way through them with a bunch of horses all the way through this event unless those lovely blue dire boars come back (please please) or someone offers a better strategy with numbers.

As an aside, do we get better return on energy investment by traipsing through cloudberry bushes?? Anyone? : )

3) ??? : )

EDIT: I got curious, so I tapped on 6 goats. Nada.

I looked in the Baron's thread. nothing about this monster hunt. i have ****ed 4 flimmer trolls and no tokens or shields. & as Trudyscandles says-glimmer trolls dont. so maybe it changed like the multi spawn blue direbore.
    i will put my goats back away. what about alpacas?

WHICH LB CRAFT FROM KITSUNECORNE IS BEST VALUE?

For those of you doing the LB, surpise answer below:

SHIELD trade best by kitsunecorne token calculations. Just sayin'.
    : )

i did the math myself on that early on. since all i was managing to spawn was kitsunecorns. and had so many of those stupid tokens. (& i don't have a MRC & probably won't get enough gold to buy it. i've made probably about 9 or 10. plus think of the time in your forge. 15min is a LOT better than 2 or 4 hours if you are trying ot make a compass or blade

Quote Originally Posted by Trudyscandles View Post
    Monsters spawn:

Dead trees = blue direboars 30 hits gives both tokens but can only spawn 1 per day atm (wasn't like that on the last hunt)
    Horses = purple glimmer golems 90 hits drops both tokens and spawns multiple times
    Cows and pigs = kitsecorns 10 hits gives only points and kitsecorn tokens

Other items in your kingdom still spawn other monsters. Trolls and aquanthers do not drop sword and shield tokens but do give points.

HTH,
    Trudyscandles

wells will spawn regular dire bores which give tokens/shields. if i wasn't on a bacon rationing i wouldn't bother with my pigs right now.

thank you to all! always helpful as usual. what about alpacas?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Rhino Keeper
    Which monsters drop sword tokens?
    When I?m down to 20 or so energy and need 1 sword for a gold coin, it?d be nice not to have to start another golem (and feel like I?ve made some progress lol)

The skunkupine didn?t drop swords, only shield.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Amore1234567 View Post
    Which monsters drop sword tokens?
    When I?m down to 20 or so energy and need 1 sword for a gold coin, it?d be nice not to have to start another golem (and feel like I?ve made some progress lol)

The skunkupine didn?t drop swords, only shield.
    per the trade wagon: sword towens are from fangbeasts, dire boars, & golems

Rhino Keeper
    Why am I finding the novice hunter quest the hardest...where have all my fangbeasts gone? Calling on the power of the post to help me find the last one I need....

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessell View Post
    Why am I finding the novice hunter quest the hardest...where have all my fangbeasts gone? Calling on the power of the post to help me find the last one I need....
    I haven't bothered with that goal in a year or more! All it really does is check it off your book till tomorrow. You will only waste energy and drive yourself crazy trying to do it. Fangbeast go on strike during monster hunts

Executive Chef
    ShortDanzr - Am I confusing monsters? Whatever comes out of horses, incl our gingerbread steeds (yay! glitch fixed!) - THOSE are the ones I am talking about. Any other troll I think is useless.

Thanks for reminders about wells.

Also, cleared 27 cocoa and got 2 boars in a little experiment, about even w energy use, two more for the horse-spawned troll in total. Only one trial, not going to reproduce it myself.

: )
    for me i get glimmertrolls from some crops. but i am at a much lower kingdom level than you are. because i believe they disappear after awhile. only takes like 10 to ****.

Name:	glimmer troll.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	50877

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast