Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/6: The Kelpie Catastrophe | goals on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I was in love with those animals the moment I saw the preview pop up. However, I abhor LBs so I highly doubt I'll participate in this event. It just never sits well with me to know that only two players out of every twenty can win the prize. Seems an absurd concept to me. Besides, we've seen other LB prizes come back for purchase/crafting in later sales/events so maybe I'll have a chance to get the items at a later point in the game.

+++++++++

Nothing, really. The Love Shack is a craft building from 2013 that offers a way for players to craft the weekly Alicorns. So newer players (i.e. those who do not have the building) sometimes feel Love Shack owners are at an advantage in LBs.
    I see. Thank you for explaining!

Executive Chef
    Here?s the Love Shack itself. It included about 30 crafted items, mostly decorative for the Valentine Day quests of that time. But it also includes an alicorn. The Sacred Wing and Sacred Horn are extremely rare drops from adventures. Hmm - if I can remember which adventure, looks like I should go hunting for a horn! So people with the shack and lots of resources and patience can eventually end up with alicorns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	570ADDDD-8563-4B1A-9FEC-4A18920144B4.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	52005

Name:	5A137C85-478F-4C9D-822B-DB694F3CB9F4.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	52006

Name:	1DD92591-B00B-4074-A5F8-2186DA6A0B5F.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	52007

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Mod Warning:
    Posts about the Love Shack are off topic. All of the info on this item is available in the Building Guide/Inventory Guides and the original discussion thread. If you have a question about it, please post in the Help Me thread which is specifically designed to ask questions about game items.

Any further posts will be removed. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    Leaderboard kelpie has 8hr timer. 32 gems to speed up I believe. Currently in first, but doubt I'll stay there long. Started event with a little over 900 energy and had just enough gems to get the hour boost. 2 weeklies (3 now with portabella) and 35? Daily animals, 2 schools (fully upgraded), and 1 portal (lvl 1). So best advice I can give is to finish events as early as possible and just collect all energy sources when they are ready (don't spend energy on anything but collecting more energy). Doing that gives you a solid energy base to start the next event.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Page 1 complete now, except for the drops on 2 of the 3 Kelpie's.

Executive Chef
    Love the design of the Kelpie!

Otherwise pretty underwhelmed by this event.
    Leadboard - We all hate , but Storm8 keeps delivering.
    Royal Kelpie - Only 10% of players receive the main prize.
    Bell Ringer - I’ve bought but can’t display due to the walker cap - Storm8 please raise the cap!!
    Armoured Kelpie - A lot of Troll Tokens for something that just drops mermaid items.

I’m just collecting Troll Tokens this hunt.
    Happy to receive the regular Kelpie and call it a day.

Executive Chef
    I read in the 'monster hunts thread' that Aquanther also drop tokens. But mine didn't.
    Has that changed, or was it just me?

I would love the (normal) Kelpie, but I won't be able to play this weekend, so it's probably not achievable for me.
    I could try, but it would be a to great a disappointment (with no pay off, because the kelpies don't drop other tokens) if I didn't make it.
    So I'll just collect as many silver and gold tokens as possible.

Any tips on what to best spent your energy on if you're just going for silver (shield, sword and staff) tokens?
    I'm mainly fighting the Purple Glimmer Golem, just because he spawns so fast.
    And I tried some Whisps (the ones from the white trillium) but it didn't drop many tokens. (it does drop forest whisp essence for the Hidden Forest goal, so that is nice)

Previous monster hunt event I finally got enough golden troll tokens for the Mythic Research Center!
    The Unicorn is the best 'first investment' right?

I don't like the competitive nature of these Beast Master Leader Boards, pitting neighbors/ players against each other.
    They should encourage companionship and solidarity, not the opposite. I've noticed I'm not the only one thinking that.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I read in the 'monster hunts thread' that Aquanther also drop tokens. But mine didn't.
    Has that changed, or was it just me?

I would love the (normal) Kelpie, but I won't be able to play this weekend, so it's probably not achievable for me.
    I could try, but it would be a to great a disappointment (with no pay off, because the kelpies don't drop other tokens) if I didn't make it.
    So I'll just collect as many silver and gold tokens as possible.

Any tips on what to best spent your energy on if you're just going for silver (shield, sword and staff) tokens?
    I'm mainly fighting the Purple Glimmer Golem, just because he spawns so fast.
    And I tried some Whisps (the ones from the white trillium) but it didn't drop many tokens. (it does drop forest whisp essence for the Hidden Forest goal, so that is nice)

Previous monster hunt event I finally got enough golden troll tokens for the Mythic Research Center!
    The Unicorn is the best 'first investment' right?

I don't like the competitive nature of these Beast Master Leader Boards, pitting neighbors/ players against each other.
    They should encourage companionship and solidarity, not the opposite. I've noticed I'm not the only one thinking that.

The spawned aquanthers and marmoseas drop MH tokens but the aquanther and marmosea pets do not. I tend to fight purple glimmer golems but find that at some point shield and staff tokens are plentiful but lacking in sword tokens. Depends if you are at this stage, but I fight fauns and wisps spawned from cloudberry bushes which allows generation of materials required for expansions and they tend to drop more sword tokens by proportion.

I would go for the unicorns while others would say the wizard?s portal is a better energy source. With the latter, bear in mind that it is crafted in the trade wagon, not the mythic research centre and would block up troll token exchanges so do this overnight. I think the unicorns, in addition to energy, also drop tokens and spellbound dew when the monster hunt is over.

How about offering us lower levels the chance to buy the beastbane again. It was offered to early in the game , together with ivy' s skunkubakery that I regret buying. Both where for gems. But worth giving a try if it's offered.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    The spawned aquanthers and marmoseas drop MH tokens but the aquanther and marmosea pets do not. I tend to fight purple glimmer golems but find that at some point shield and staff tokens are plentiful but lacking in sword tokens. Depends if you are at this stage, but I fight fauns and wisps spawned from cloudberry bushes which allows generation of materials required for expansions and they tend to drop more sword tokens by proportion.

I would go for the unicorns while others would say the wizard?s portal is a better energy source. With the latter, bear in mind that it is crafted in the trade wagon, not the mythic research centre and would block up troll token exchanges so do this overnight. I think the unicorns, in addition to energy, also drop tokens and spellbound dew when the monster hunt is over.
    I'm talking about spawned Aquanthers too, so I guess it's just me..
    The Glimmer Golem does drop a lot of staff tokens indeed. Thanks for the 'cloudberry bushes faun and whisp' tip. I'll do that if I'm lacking sword tokens.

Of course energy is great, but I would mostly want the unicorn because it would be my only source of tokens outside of the monster hunt event.
    Like Fcplaystoregames I would love to be able to buy the Beastbane Display with a discount.
    I'm saving for it with gems I collect without paying for it, but it takes a long long time to get to 400 hundred, and I'm so afraid of losing all my gems to a gem trap.
    Does anyone know how often you can collect from the Beastbane Display? Is it worth the 400 gems, or are the gems better spent on barracks for example? (I already have 2 wizard school's)

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast