Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The new icon is going to drive away male players!

Host(ess)
    my 3 yr old daughter picked up my phone and asked if I had put a new game on my phone for her (she has a few apps on my phone). I have to ask what were the designers thinking? I'm a girl I love pink and ponies but hate (with passion) this new icon? Please I beg you TL change the icon back !!! I will the other 98% of people on this issue the icon has made the game look tacky and cheap ... Not a good look disappointed with all involved with disision to change the icon ... If you want a new icon my 11yr old could create a better picture for game!!!

Executive Chef
    Actually, looking for a bright side, I did learn how to mute the speaker on my iPhone this morning (something I had never had to know before).

Thank you so much for your feedback on the new icon in Castle Story. Sorry to hear some of you aren't happy with the new icon. We have forwarded your feedback to the development team!
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

I usually don't log on to see forum convos? but I must add myself to the list of players that does not care for the new icon. I barely notice the castle in the background, and even with it there it looks nothing like the game's castle(s). I thought there was a mistake or hacking that went on when I saw "Pinkie Pie's" (from My Little Pony) pic. The new pic doesn't do the game justice. Try again TL????. P-L-E-A-S-E

side note: I'm a level 50 and have been playing this game since Feb 2013.
    Last edited by cowsonlake; 07-30-14 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Thank you so much for your feedback on the new icon in Castle Story. Sorry to hear some of you aren't happy with the new icon. We have forwarded your feedback to the development team!
    I'd go out on a limb and say that if you posted a poll on this question...you may get one or two that would like it. Out of how many players?
    I vote to change it back.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks for acknowledging us, but I think you'd find it's more than 'some of you'.
    I don't even want to look at it, I find it so offputting.

I've been playing CS since it's release. For the first time ever, CS is going into a folder instead of being displayed readily on my iPhone screen. Sorry, but my dignity is at stake here and CS shall now be hidden from sight.

PS: I've already posted my distaste for the new icon here, but it seems like it'll be glanced over by the devs since only a "few" people are unhappy about it. I think posting my distaste on this new update where it might actually matter is in the works.
    Last edited by fluffybutter007; 07-30-14 at 12:23 PM. Reason: PS added
    Kingdom of 😸Kittyville😸

Fashion Designer
    I have both Castle Story and the "other" game on my iPad. After doing all of my app updates, I was greatly confused. I had two apps that appeared to be for the "other" game, and thought my CS app had disappeared. I really don't need the confusion of two separate app icons that look nearly identical. My first thought was that the new icon was a CGI or vector drawn image meant to replace the pixel based image - while thinking I preferred the more detailed pixel icon. They really are too similar, and will cause mass confusion.

Beyond that, I too want a Castle icon, not another unicorn in the herd. Still love CS and now hiding it in a misc. folder.

P.S. I always play with sound options off. Also vehemently dislike that we are forced to announce our games with intro music, annoying both family and the public.

Rhino Keeper
    Don't forget the music in the load screen. Please.
    If i turn off the music in game, i don't want music in load screen

I got a new iPad and when I "restored" the backup to the new one I saw this icon. I just thought it was a glitch. Then much to my dismay, not only did I have a pony for an icon but I LOST MY ENTIRE GAME AT LEVEL 36 & HUNDREDS OF GEMS!!! Now I shall go try to find how to fix that first. #help GR8FuL1

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast