Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament: Emerald Birthstone Pony May 16 2017

Banned
    Thank you everyone for posting your results and recommendations! <3

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    I love the ponies but gave up tournaments,but did do last pony one. This one with the time frame I'm saddened that I just don't have time. I spend money in these games...3 forests, 3 DS islands and 2 cs kingdoms, but events are getting shorter and more difficult to make us use gems/gold to complete and I just won't use gems/gold on EVERYTHING so I'm not even attempting this tourney. I'll just have to do with the ponies I have. I can't see them bringing back the other way to get them. Good luck to all.

Fashion Designer
    Emerald pony 15 hours incubation, 17 hour evolution
    Last edited by MystiqueRealm; 05-17-17 at 09:44 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    4 days?! I find the usual 6 days to already be a challenger!

Rhino Keeper
    Just to make it harder on me, there's now been three times already where upon my next login I find my last battle win didn't register. I've been checking to make sure I can visit a neighbor after everything, too.
    I really want this whole collection, but like others, I'm not supporting S8's decision to force us to use gems for this. I have over 1500 gems but I'm not planning on using a single one simply out of spite. I don't mind spending real money, but I resent essentially being forced to.
    Last edited by GreytMom; 05-17-17 at 02:48 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by luna2cute View Post
    I have 3 days 16 hours left since it started middle of the night here and 30 fighting rounds, I'm only on battle 3.

This one is absolutely impossible without spending tons of gems which I don't have or like others have said, don't sleep!

Too bad because this is my birthstone and I've been waiting for it.

Is this a mistake or do they expect us to not sleep and win every battle first try?

If I can get 700+ more gems I can buy it! Lol. Anyone want to send me gems for my birthday?

Things are getting more difficult in this game, it's not as much fun as it used to be.
    I guess I am in the minority on this. I like trying to get animals via a tournament, versus a task completion goal line. I think it's fairer and far less random than having to breed a specific animal. I've been playing for three years, and other than the first year when I was building and gathering animals, I win almost every tournament WITHOUT spending gems. If you have the luxury of battling most every hour (allowing normal sleep and missing a time or two) you can do it. Using the right elements is the key. Yes you can get stuck here and there, but with these forums where you know what's coming ahead, and can plan what you need to battle your opponent with, and even given lists of what other players use, to me, it makes it so less random than the probability of having to breed a specific animal to earn a specific animal. I look at it as if we have 4 days to pass 30 rounds, you need to win 7-8 battles a day. Now that's more than 5 in a 6 day tournament, but I believe it's doable.

I get some people don't have a start time until the middle of the night. It's all relative. I'm currently on the east coast, so ours don't start until 2:30 PM. Meaning we really lose 8 hours of a start day. Regardless, I'm on day two and have won 9 battles. No gems spent. I hope by bed time this evening to be at battle round 14-16. I'm posting my results so you'll be able to see if I win. Again I could be in the minority but I'm ok with tourneys.
    Last edited by NannaSherry; 05-17-17 at 05:19 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by supster50 View Post
    Had good luck with the Erie Owl Halloween critical fire strong
    Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mmumford View Post
    In my testing of the Birthstone element I have found that it is:
    --weak vs. Water, Fire, and Zodiac
    --strong vs. Electric, Dark, Earth, Nature, Icecream, Gem, and Tree
    Thank you!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NannaSherry View Post
    I guess I am in the minority on this. I like trying to get animals via a tournament, versus a task completion goal line. I think it's fairer and far less random than having to breed a specific animal. I've been playing for three years, and other than the first year when I was building and gathering animals, I win almost every tournament WITHOUT spending gems. If you have the luxury of battling most every hour (allowing normal sleep and missing a time or two) you can do it. Using the right elements is the key. Yes you can get stuck here and there, but with these forums where you know what's coming ahead, and can plan what you need to battle your opponent with, and even given lists of what other players use, to me, it makes it so less random than the probability of having to breed a specific animal to earn a specific animal. I look at it as if we have 4 days to pass 30 rounds, you need to win 7-8 battles a day. Now that's more than 5 in a 6 day tournament, but I believe it's doable.

I get some people don't have a start time until the middle of the night. It's all relative. I'm currently on the east coast, so ours don't start until 2:30 PM. Meaning we really lose 8 hours of a start day. Regardless, I'm on day two and have won 9 battles. No gems spent. I hope by bed time this evening to be at battle round 14-16. I'm posting my results so you'll be able to see if I win. Again I could be in the minority but I'm ok with tourneys.
    I think you pointed out the issue in your post, it's a luxury being able to battle every hour bar when your sleeping and it shouldn't have to be! At least with the goal lines those of us with kids/full time jobs/school or large amounts of gems/money don't have to worry about having to battle once an hour. It's not really fairer to have the tourneys, the last few tourneys I have gotten stuck on an opponent and had to battle it 18 times to move on, now you could say just spend the gems, but when that happens more than once (which it has) the gems add up a lot quicker than in a goal line.
    I'm not saying I'm totally against them, a mix of goal lines and tourneys would be fine, but why shorten it to 4 days? Enough of us are struggling as it is. I hope you don't think this is me attacking you, I'm just trying to point out to S8 not all of us have the time to battle non stop all day, I'll willingly spend gems on a 6 day tourney but 4? I feel like I'm being forced to.
    I guess I'm just frustrated that the game seems to be demanding more and more gems and it's serving to make me less willing to spend them.

Anyway just my thoughts. 6 day's seems much fairer as the goal lines would be 7 days, I don't think it'll win any favors shortening times.
    edit; also for those of us who suffer game crashes (and I really shouldn't on my brand new ((32gb)) tablet with only FFS and one other thing installed) no matter what we try, it just makes things harder.
    Last edited by poofyena; 05-17-17 at 09:21 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    and like everyone else, 4 days! how is that a natural progression from 6 days. We should at least get 5 days to ease us into a shorter time-frame, and not on a "collection" animal type. So many people will be stuck forever with an incomplete collection.
    Who ever decided to change the game strategy should take a long time out. First no apples with the tournaments, now we have to breed a rare animal during a story book, the world events has a broken prize link in the community prizes, the only way to get the birthstone ponies is through tournaments, the tournaments have shortened the days almost making it impossible to finish, and whatever happened to Taurus? I'm almost finished with the zodiac collection and where is the chance to win Taurus??? Newer players have to spend more coins just to expand to collect Treent and other animals hidden in the forest, and they need more runes in order to expand. The tournaments are much harder even though I have more level15 animals. And the game keeps crashing to really add to the mix.

Games should be fun not stressful. I can understand a challenge, but making events almost impossible is not my idea of relaxation or fun. Time to pull out my Kindle and renew my Netflix account. I'd save money and increase my vocabulary instead of losing sleep and setting timers. Very disappointed in the direction this game is headed.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast