Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help requested for constant crashing issue

Quote Originally Posted by bozotc19 View Post
    Appreciate the input. I run nothing in the background, only web browser. Have latest version. Anybody else have suggestions?
    I have iPhone6 it's not your device. Dragon Story crashes & must reload often. It crashes the same with my iPhone 5 & iPad. This is a bug that needs to be fixed. I know many players that have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Make sure you close all applications running in the background on your Ipad to see if that helps.
    Check your ipad and make sure you have the most current software update.
    Make sure you have the most current version of the game installed.
    DS crashing on iPhones has been an issue since I've been playing. It crashes on my iphone5, iPad & now my iPhone 6+ and my sons & neighbors iphone7. DS also crashes on my Android. I bet Storm8 has an open bug issue (software discrepancy report) on this ongoing issue. Can you find out which its under?

Thanks for your help

Rhino Keeper
    I think the crashing started with bingo - that's how long it has been happening!

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    ...most current version of the game installed.
    Hi here is another "ongoing crashing" thread in Bugs & issues and I've seen many others. Perhaps we can get Storm8 to gather up details in hope of isolating & fixing this bug issue. Thanks

I've tested DS crashing & the same issues occur with a new iPhone7 with nothing installed except Dragon Story (well the firmware load from mfg/carrier lol) ...also had the same crashing issues.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...40#post1466040
    Last edited by CamileGame; 11-03-17 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harobeda View Post
    I think the crashing started with bingo - that's how long it has been happening!
    I agree crashing occurred much more often with the addition of Bingo. (Although DS crashed before that it was only a few times per day & it's both Android & iOS bug)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I'm also on iOS 9 and do not have any of the crashing issues (thankfully, it sounds frustrating and horrible). I almost always have multiple apps open in the background and am nearly out of available space on my iPad (only about 3GB left), and neither are causing issues with the game.
    You may start to run into problems soon..my older ipad had less Gb 32 And a diiferent processor I believe and it started with issues .When I got new Ipad air 2 it all ended..now I might have very brief periods where it freezes momentarily..good luck..hope things hold up for you too

Air 2 / 128 I think (I have over 60 remaining) / v 10.3 and constant cashing for a LONG time now. Hardly visit nbrs anymore b/c I nearly always crash when I hit post so nothing registers anyway.
    Seems we should be able to actually play this game with updated devices and software w/o problems but we've been asking for fixes for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by harobeda View Post

Agreed. This is when my issues started!!!

New Resident
    Based on my experience (Android only), RAM is a much more important factor than storage. As you level up and get more habitats and dragons, crashes will increase. At somewhere over level 100 DS was unplayable due to crashes on multiple 1 GB RAM Android devices. 1.5GB RAM device was still playable in the 180s, but some crashes had returned. 2GB RAM device has not yet had significant crashing [knocks wood]. Bingo did seem to add to the stress on the devices.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Retief View Post
    Based on my experience (Android only), RAM is a much more important factor than storage. As you level up and get more habitats and dragons, crashes will increase. At somewhere over level 100 DS was unplayable due to crashes on multiple 1 GB RAM Android devices. 1.5GB RAM device was still playable in the 180s, but some crashes had returned. 2GB RAM device has not yet had significant crashing [knocks wood]. Bingo did seem to add to the stress on the devices.
    I have same experience on Android going from 1G to 2G ram. I run ok but as game data grows w all the bingo visits i need to delete game data more often cause game slows down or does odd stuff when DS internal memory reaches its limits...i get trickster popup, game is online, or inappropriate words or just booted. Then S8 adds so much more side games to mess w memory. They just don't get it.

When bingo started, thats when my 1G tablet gave up. I played older vers without bingo til they deleted it...why can't they leave a slimmed down version so people can make a choice...bingo or no crashing?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast