Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Tournament! 11/20/15 - Thankfowl

Rhino Keeper
    This is ridiculous!!!! I have been on top of this tourney since it started. I have strong animals and should have no problem with the tourney. Yet ever time we have one I'm always struggling to finish. I am done with them!! It's nothing but a gem trap.. In fact I'm close to dropping this app altogether. It's a shame to cause I have about 2 years or more into this game. I used to buy gems till recently when I began to see how much of a gem trap it is and how little storm8 cares for its customers. I'm sure this post won't last long in this forum.
    Just had to vent. I have put way to much time in this tourney not to make it. Just heart breaking.
    Last edited by locotesx3; 11-25-15 at 04:20 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LynsoKevin View Post
    Hi, just wondering I have put pyro pony and my lightning animal in the nest and got a 14hr timer but on the egg website it doesn't have any electric animals? So how would I know what this is going to be?

Hey LynsoKevin try this link it has all the animal breed times.

https://https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71284-Fantasy-story-breeding-list

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by locotesx3 View Post
    Hey LynsoKevin try this link it has all the animal breed times.

https://https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?71284-Fantasy-story-breeding-list
    Thanks very much xx

Executive Chef
    just found that tourney reward is only 750 apples
    no more gems ! s8 is more and more greedy
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Rhino Keeper
    I've been stuck on Treasure Toucan for two days. Doesn't look good today either. What a pain.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    Oh! I was so happy to finish early, which is rare for me. How mean of you S8!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    Such has indeed been the case for this tournament and for the previous one, and also for the last trio. I'm really disappointed too, especially with that of the trio: previously the trio goals were always 10 gems per trio animal, which would then mean 30 gems maximally (i.e. for a complete trio). The last time around I finally managed to breed a complete trio and those 30 gems would have been very welcome... Maybe the trio breeding odds were improved though. This time I had no trouble breeding all three of the animals, whereas previous trios were always hellish. If such is the case I'll take those better breeding odds anytime over the 30 gems. :P

BTW: Previously there would (almost?) always be a 1-week or 2-week goal of 5 gems for breeding newly released animals too. Nowadays, if any goal, the gem reward is reduced to only 2 gems too...

Fashion Designer
    Had a dream come true kind of tourney . 9 losses against 26 wins . Until I hit round 27 . The stubborn Eerie Owl just wouldn't go down . In all 10 losses. Finally got it with Glacial Griffin ( 4 losses)
    Now on to treasure toucan

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Such has indeed been the case for this tournament and for the previous one, and also for the last trio. I'm really disappointed too, especially with that of the trio: previously the trio goals were always 10 gems per trio animal, which would then mean 30 gems maximally (i.e. for a complete trio). The last time around I finally managed to breed a complete trio and those 30 gems would have been very welcome... Maybe the trio breeding odds were improved though. This time I had no trouble breeding all three of the animals, whereas previous trios were always hellish. If such is the case I'll take those better breeding odds anytime over the 30 gems. :P

BTW: Previously there would (almost?) always be a 1-week or 2-week goal of 5 gems for breeding newly released animals too. Nowadays, if any goal, the gem reward is reduced to only 2 gems too...
    I have noticed the reduction as well. Recently, I even had an icon rather than a goal to install a game and received no reward. I was happy to see gems for winning two of the rounds in the Nocturtle 18 round tournament at the beginning of October and hoped that would be a new trend but it turned out to be a 1-off. Maybe they are trying to make a Black Friday Gem sale look more enticing and the Gems for reaching certain goals will return.

Funny thing is that I liked the look of the Thankfowl so much it is the first tournament prize I have hatched in months and it is now in the Evolution Flower.

Rhino Keeper
    Things are looking up! Finally got past Treasure Toucan with Sapybara (held me up for more than a day!), and took out Unicornucopia on the second try with Scaredy Cat! Only have Thankfowl to go! ^_^ Glad this was a longer tournement, my luck has not been the best for it. Looks like I may make after all though!

Real shame we only get apples for completing the quest, even if I won't have time to do it anyway. We gain gems pretty slowly as it is anyway (especially if you don't have treasure animals), so I don't think the occasional reward of 5 or less for completing a goal is too much. Guess we'll have to see what the next one brings.

Update: And done! Happy to have this little guy! I'm actually probably going to hatch him pretty soon to put with some of my other bird critters!
    Last edited by RowanaFarrin; 11-25-15 at 10:04 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast