Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2015 Discussion Thread

Rhino Keeper
    I'm totally almost out of gems... Had close to 150, but ended up using all of it trying to get the Dead Wing through speeding breeding and hatching. And to no avail, which is really annoying

I'm sorry for your accident, ogreve! This happened to me sometimes, but never that amount of gems. Even when it's a little, it really sucks! Do you guys know if TL announces what's going to be on sale, for Black Friday, before it actually starts? Me buying gems will depend on what's on sale. It will have to be really worth it, lol, I'm on a tight budget right now.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThynaSmith View Post
    I'm totally almost out of gems... Had close to 150, but ended up using all of it trying to get the Dead Wing through speeding breeding and hatching. And to no avail, which is really annoying

I'm sorry for your accident, ogreve! This happened to me sometimes, but never that amount of gems. Even when it's a little, it really sucks! Do you guys know if TL announces what's going to be on sale, for Black Friday, before it actually starts? Me buying gems will depend on what's on sale. It will have to be really worth it, lol, I'm on a tight budget right now.
    Here's the thread from last year - https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....k-Friday-Deals
    There was also a Cyber Monday sale. I'm hoping they "up the ante" this year and offer more deals :-)

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you, Hawksmoor!

Rhino Keeper
    I skimmed through the thread from last year, seems some of the sales went away early, so we should be mindful of that. Also, I've never considered the grand habitats, simply because at 500 gems they're way too expensive. If they go on sale again, I might have to think about them. The water, dark gem, (if you've got gem animals) and electric seem more worth it than the earth, nature and fire ones, given their coin capacity. What are your guys thoughts on the grand habitats?
    Last edited by Scribbles138; 11-11-15 at 08:36 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles138 View Post
    I skimmed through the thread from last year, seems some of the sales went away early, so we should be mindful of that. Also, I've never considered the grand habitats, simply because at 500 gems they're way too expensive. If they go on sale again, I might have to think about them. The water, dark GE, (if you've got gem animals) and electric seem more worth it than the earth, nature and fire ones, given their coin capacity. What are your guys thoughts on the grand habitats?
    I'd like to know how much space they take, to be placed in the forest. Because that can create a problem with logistics, since usually the space we clear on the expansions is just enough for the big habitats...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ThynaSmith View Post
    I'd like to know how much space they take, to be placed in the forest. Because that can create a problem with logistics, since usually the space we clear on the expansions is just enough for the big habitats...
    Good question. Anyone know the answer?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbles138 View Post
    Good question. Anyone know the answer?
    Its the same size
    I have almost 17 those habuits
    Its the same size of the big one

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    I only have 70 right now, don't know if I'll be able to afford anything!
    Am I right in remembering a sale where the grand habitats went down to 70 gems? I've got 2 and I definitely did not spend 500 each or even combined! Maybe you can invest in a purchase but of gems if you get a good sale on them, that way you have them just incase there's something you like, and if not then you have them for emergencies! I'm torn on spending some on spin to win. I only don't have the robber raccoon and the great danebow, but so far I've won coins, food, 1 Pygmy (already had) and 1 set of runes, so not sure if it's going to be worth it. If you have better luck, maybe you could purchase some spins instead of worrying about sales?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmoor View Post
    Here's the thread from last year - https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....k-Friday-Deals
    There was also a Cyber Monday sale. I'm hoping they "up the ante" this year and offer more deals :-)
    For those who want a quick "executive summary" instead of having to read all 95 posts in that thread, you can read the first half of this post of mine that I made earlier: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1200527

I'm really hoping this year we'll get far better deals though. At the prices of last year's deal, I may only end up buying some gems, whereas I might go all out on Gem and/or Treasure animals and good habitats if they slice the prices towards the 80%-90% off range.
    It'll be TL's call, but I'm sure they can make a lot more sales (and hence: real life money) if they give us REALLY good deals. I don't think it's too much to ask for either: pretty much ALL of the S8 games have great sales throughout the entire year; it's only in FFS (AFAIK) that we get so limited discounts. In light of that, at least on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and perhaps a few other days a year they could give us some of those really good discounts.
    I'm desperately hoping particularly for a VERY good Crystal Unicorn sale. I may then even buy TWO of them so as to be able to end 4-element breedings and open up an array of other breeding possibilities...

@Silverrain1: yes, last summer we had a GREAT sale of the Grand Habitats when they were available for only 75 gems! I only bought two of them then (a Grand Fire Field and a Grand Gem Cove) as in the week before it several of the dual-element habitats were on sale for 100 gems and I had bought some 3-4 of those already.

To all: the footprint of the grand habitats is indeed 4x4. If you plan on upgrading to a grand habitat, rather than buying ones to go on empty spots, note that the price to upgrade from a Big habitat to a Grand habitat is then the exact same amount as when buying the Grand habitat, and.... the upgrade is instantly done! This is very convenient as it means that you don't have to move animals around etc. in order to swap out habitats: you can simply upgrade your Big habitat to a Grand one, et voila: you instantly have one additional spot for an animal, and the increased coin capacity. This is perhaps handy information for those of us who want to plan an upgrade strategy ahead of time. Do make sure to have all of the habitats that you intend to "upgrade in place" being Big habitats BEFORE Black Friday, and then you can do what I just described.
    Last edited by ogreve; 11-12-15 at 02:00 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    To all: the footprint of the grand habitats is indeed 4x4. If you plan on upgrading to a grand habitat, rather than buying ones to go on empty spots, note that the price to upgrade from a Big habitat to a Grand habitat is then the exact same amount as when buying the Grand habitat, and.... the upgrade is instantly done! This is very convenient as it means that you don't have to move animals around etc. in order to swap out habitats: you can simply upgrade your Big habitat to a Grand one, et voila: you instantly have one additional spot for an animal, and the increased coin capacity. This is perhaps handy information for those of us who want to plan an upgrade strategy ahead of time. Do make sure to have all of the habitats that you intend to "upgrade in place" being Big habitats BEFORE Black Friday, and then you can do what I just described.
    This is great news. It would be way easier than having to move things around to free up the space, if they do go on sale this year. I didn't realize they went on sale for 75 gems, I thought it was 100, which is still a good deal. I'm a huge fan of the multi element habitats, so I'm still hoping they go on sale, but I would love to upgrade to grand ones as well.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast