View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

36 10.32%
  • Neutral

73 20.92%
  • Disagree

193 55.30%
  • I did not participate

6 1.72%
  • I completed the whole event

156 44.70%
  • I stopped at the garden bench craft

2 0.57%
  • I stopped at the knight topiary craft

12 3.44%
  • I stopped at the spring fountain craft

64 18.34%
  • There were way too many Garlands required!

313 89.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/03: Freshening up with Florals event + more! | see page 1 for details

Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    My theory is they want us to buy it in their value package ,
    To my all the new events we have to use so much energy
    Like chopping the rock to get the wild rose ,I might get 2 or3 per 20 chops but the trees give me a lot of the lily
    And the requirement are outrageous
    And 15 hits with the skunkie and hardly any return
    I agree. Limited extra energy sure makes those value packs more attractive. I also believe that is why S8 will never reintroduce the love shack, to prevent the possibility of any more players actually crafting 99 alicorns. (But I will continue to request it in suggestions, because A) I’d sure like to try! and B) I’d like to have the other crafts and the adventure that go along with it.) I understand that S8’s goal is to sell as much as possible. Just like my goal is to avoid buying as much as possible. But there are a lot of players that are willing to spend on things they would like to have in their game.
    That’s why I find it so strange that S8 imposes limits on deco items, alicorns, wizard schools, etc. Basically, I’m surprised they limit anything that costs gems, considering that gem purchases often times require actual cash purchases to acquire the gems.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Step 10
    Look like NO rewards

Attachment 44210

The fountains are very cute , dropped 2 water 1 fish 1 mermaid scales frist collection

Fashion Designer
    All this time I've been wondering what was appealing about the Love Shack, lol. So none of the other chocolates etc matters, just the Ali's, and just until you've maxed them?

Changing topic back to the event, I am getting scented petals 100% drop from the spring skunkupine (the regulars don't, of course.) The 15 hit points is painful, but I get anywhere from 3 to 5 critical hits (2 points) using the center sword style, so I'm expending less energy on an easy one. Universally, any style will randomly get some critical hits, but this "feels" more consistent, lol.

I know that research years ago showed that no one style was superior to the others, but in other games the best sword style varies by the creature. Regular skunkupines and fangbeasts never seem to get critical hits from the left style. Skunkupines are weaker to center. Trolls are indifferent to center - can't recall if left works better than right. Maybe the left-right-center feature was put in and then the developers decided (without malice) to not assign any significance to it. Just wondering if anyone else has experimented with this.

Also I am wondering what differences high or low levels encounter for this event. I worked from the values posted in the forum, which have said 2 scented petals. Are they requiring 3?

Rhino Keeper
    My apologies if someone has already stated this... I am going to buy extra blossoming willow trees and put them in storage and pull them out during next monster hunt and I should easily be able to knock out the fangbeast goal. Although something tells me their spawn rate has purposely been increased during this event and probably will not produce a fangbeast outside of this event, but I guess it’s worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    The art work has been very nice lately.
    But have to say, the knight topiary is one big UGLY thing!

Yes, it needs to be bolded and in caps. That's how ugly it is.
    That?s funny. Just placed mine. They are delightful. Can?t believe I?m on 8 now.
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    That?s funny. Just placed mine. They are delightful. Can?t believe I?m on 8 now.
    The fountains are very nice ..drop rate is good two .water,mermaids scales and two different type of fish

Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    The fountains are very nice ..drop rate is good two .water,mermaids scales and two different type of fish
    Fantastic! Looking forward to now.

Edit: Just saw them in person at Meeka’s. Heavens, yes, eventually, flowing water at last! I feel I did cross a desert and dug my toes into an oasis.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, what a delight.
    Last edited by CharmOfLea; 05-06-18 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Happiness
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

Quote Originally Posted by wamboltia View Post
    My apologies if someone has already stated this... I am going to buy extra blossoming willow trees and put them in storage and pull them out during next monster hunt and I should easily be able to knock out the fangbeast goal. Although something tells me their spawn rate has purposely been increased during this event and probably will not produce a fangbeast outside of this event, but I guess it’s worth a shot
    That’s a plausible hypothesis and it’s worth testing. I haven’t heard of anything that would neither support nor discourage it, so I’m definitely looking forward to the results. S8 say, they don’t manipulate the spawn rate, but come on... I for 1 do not believe them.

Executive Chef
    That’s a plausible hypothesis and it’s worth testing. I haven’t heard of anything that would neither support nor discourage it, so I’m definitely looking forward to the results. S8 say, they don’t manipulate the spawn rate, but come on... I for 1 do not believe them.
    I may be wrong but I don't think S8 has ever said that... you're thinking of TL. lol

Arrgghhhh!!! OMG y'all. I'm sooo farrrrr behind!
    I've been dilly dallying & dilly dillying so much that I haven't even made my first jonkanoo topiary yet!! *scream!*

Fashion Designer
    Lol. Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder!

Thought I was being too critical so pulled them out of storage to get another good look.
    Nope, still big and ugly. Back in they went.