Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/20: Kung Who? Panda!| event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    And one more thing. Why does the Fire Panda look like a fox or kitty? That's not a panda.
    Fire Panda is based off of the Red Panda, which was once considered a relative of the raccoon (closer to feline/fox looks in game) or bears but is now a member of its own family called Ailuridae.
    Their face and body shape shape, if you look at the IRL Red Pandas, does more similar resemble the cat lines for this game than the plump Pandas.

I believe the designers close the closest in-game equivalent looks for this panda-not-a-panda. 😊

(This difference in size and stature also lends weight to why (Storyline Spoiler? Goal 11+ ) Mei's father was unwilling to ever let the Fire Pandas train alongside the rest. Meanwhile, Mei is giving them a chance in our realms where oddballs come to live together. ❤️ )

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbipin View Post
    No I donot have such thing which drops light armour in castle. So I need to purchase it using gem. But in my opinion if this quest is playable at level 23. Ideally I should create armour without using any gems.
    I agree, if your allowed to participate, everything needed should be available to you.
    I hope it gets sorted out.

What a great surprise this morning, being able to start crafting my first Fire Panda.
    !! Thank you so much Team S8 !!
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 08-24-20 at 10:34 PM.

Executive Chef
    Yep. I just googled it because I figured there was something i was missing. Interesting tidbit.
    Red pandas do exist.

Fashion Designer
    Agreed. Main Event questline should be playable to all players eligible to play (i.e. start the event).
    This isn't like in a MH event where even if you're too low-level to craft the MRC you can still earn the main prize during the event and then go back and craft the (expired side-goal but still available to craft) armored special beast after you reach the appropriate level. No chance to finish this Panda storyline once the Event is over!

Getting to level 25 MIGHT be do-able (I was leveling at one every 1.5 days or so around that level to get the energy refills because of visiting my neighbors and purposefully completing high-exp questlines- i've since tried to slow down on levelling so I don't get into Higher-Level event requirements before my realm is mature enough to complete them) but it shouldn't need to be done. ☹️

Good luck!! 💖

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    Kingbipin, I agree. This should be fixed. IMO.

So it looks to me like Xiang Pu doesn't drop undies until the 18 straws are collected. Is that correct?
    Edit: well I'm still waiting for my 3rd Fire Panda so that explains why I didn't get the undies. I'm not officially on that goal yet. But I did get straw.

And one more thing. Why does the Fire Panda look like a fox or kitty? That's not a panda.
    Xiang Pu drops undies while you are collecting the 18 straws.

Executive Chef
    The giant pandas and red pandas were in adjacent exhibits at the San Diego Zoo. Then last year, the giant pandas were returned to China under the terms of the loan agreement. The red pandas now have a bigger habitat; they?re a lovely animal. A French zoologist who described the red panda in the 1800?s gave it a Latin name meaning fire colored, or shining, cat. The name ?panda? was first applied to the smaller animal, and many years later to the larger one because it shared some characteristics. The word ?panda? is believed to come from a Nepalese word meaning bamboo eater.

The game designers did great research for these pandas! I can?t wait to get my fire panda.

Rhino Keeper
    Once you get your three fire pandas done it takes a good 12 hours to get everything collected to make a flag. You have to stay on it ever 2 hours but you will be making one flag for every time you harvest Ivy's hut so it is doable as you need 6 of each. Hang in there!
    S8 please remove cap on level

Farm Supplier
    If you'd all like to form a line and kick me around the block, I deserve it. I was so thankful to have brewed my 45th benediction brew that I freed Orchidelia. Then I had to fight the Duke's Guard (90 hits) instead of a Shaolin. Whew, now I can go on looking for blades. Another farmhouse, another Guard. I had to use my whole herd of Ali's (both of them). To get rid of the Guards popping up I had to make the Bookslayer Sword and finish that goal. There goes 85 iron ore when I'm trying to repair helms. Went to my deep mine to start replenishing ore and spawned a dire boar. If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Rhino Keeper
    Will Xiang pu still drop if a monster (Fang etc) is on the board? Thanks

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by purrdue5 View Post
    Will Xiang pu still drop if a monster (Fang etc) is on the board? Thanks
    No. 😥

Xiang Pu is a battle spawn so if you have any other monsters on the board he will not spawn.