Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/7: The Hidden Forest (main story) | *goals and inventory on page 1*

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by weebluemoth View Post
    May I suggest: instead of chopping willows now, start planting/growing as many as you can (and store as many buildings as you can temporarily spare to make room for as many willows as possible.) Plan to chop them all during the next Weekday Warrior. You can stockpile as many as 100 vines, and 50 trees can yield well over 50 vines. (Make sure you leave a monster out in your kingdom somewhere so your trees don't spawn other monsters while you chop. And make sure that monster is well away from all your willows.)

It takes 5 energy to grow each tree, but this way the chopping is "free" (instead of 15 energy per tree, you spend only 5 per tree.) If you chop as soon as possible when weekday warrior begins, you should have enough time to grow more trees before starting the second 10 minutes of unlimited energy.
    Thankyou! I absolutely will do that! I am not even doing this leaderboard event just trying to work on this! I do not like having to dismantle my kingdom to place trees or ponds or 10 cottages at a time! I enjoy the decor aspect of the game! But I do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Disrupting decor for events or quests - messy, I know, but strategic. : ) My vine rate was less than one per tree and I gave up.

Forest wisp pets, even one, take ALL the sweat out of this quest line. **Earlier posts here in this thread has the math.** Bottom line, 2x a day collection more or less equivalent to 60 energy per forest wisp pet (1-3 forest wisp essence, 1-3 vines, plus newborn sprites as bonuses). That's one and a half weekly alicorns - PER DAY. That's roughly the equivalent of 10.5 weekly alicorns per week of use. 150 gems full price for the pet is waaaaaay cheaper than 10 alicorns at 600 gems each (150 v 6000 gems)!! !! !! !!!!! : ) (97.5% discount) : )

Plus the acceleration of ore collection. Plus the utility of these pets afterwards for the coin reward tributes.

Even one pet means you may completely abandon all willow and/or trillium whacking, and you still complete this questline in full. Unless you want to wade through the trillium or willows to accelerate your timeline further. : )

I bought 3 so far (roughly 31.5 weekly alicorn equivalent - on three spaces! A spacesaver too! And a subtle work-around for the 99 alicorn cap, relevant for some players.). : ) Am saving in game gems for a fourth wisp pet. Might do the max of 5, some players have. I note that no one I am aware of has posted any regret whatsoever on their purchase.

Not everyone can afford even the fairly low price (relative to other purchases) of a wisp pet. There are free gem offers up to the right if you are willing/able to put in the work. Either way, you may wish to consider getting gems on sale or free, and getting yourself one or more of these little green beauties.
    I completely agree with you about the Forest Wisp pets. I bought one a couple of days after they first came out when I found the tasks to be such ****-joys and quickly ended up purchasing two more a few days later after a gem sale.

While filling up the kingdom with Willows and decimating them on a Weekday Warrior run was fun the first time around, I realized that it was utterly nuts to reprise the tree-****ing day once they had altered the Forest Vine drop rates to less than one per tree.

At this point, I have prepared the Vimino Tribute (and have earned the Overgrown Watch Tower) but have not collected the tribute, so am just biding my time, harvesting from the pets and pre-crafting the compasses and blades and stocking up on Newborn Sprites.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I completely agree with you about the Forest Wisp pets. I bought one a couple of days after they first came out when I found the tasks to be such ****-joys and quickly ended up purchasing two more a few days later after a gem sale.

While filling up the kingdom with Willows and decimating them on a Weekday Warrior run was fun the first time around, I realized that it was utterly nuts to reprise the tree-****ing day once they had altered the Forest Vine drop rates to less than one per tree.

At this point, I have prepared the Vimino Tribute (and have earned the Overgrown Watch Tower) but have not collected the tribute, so am just biding my time, harvesting from the pets and pre-crafting the compasses and blades and stocking up on Newborn Sprites.
    so as long as you don't collect the goal 10, you can still collect items? i was thinking of using one of the 10min unlimited energy in this week's WW (hopefully) to defeat the rhino. i can't start on stage 3 because i am short on RP to expand to the right of the elephant. i was trying to figure out at what goal, you stop collecting items
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    so as long as you don't collect the goal 10, you can still collect items? i was thinking of using one of the 10min unlimited energy in this week's WW (hopefully) to defeat the rhino. i can't start on stage 3 because i am short on RP to expand to the right of the elephant. i was trying to figure out at what goal, you stop collecting items
    Yep! You are awarded the Overgrown Watchtower once you start crafting the tribute, but you don't have to pick it up when it's done. Leave it uncollected and you can collect items for as long as you need to

Fashion Designer
    making lamps to expand takes forever

Executive Chef
    uuugghhh trying to **** this rhino. not looking forward tp the elephant. i will try to time that to be done during the second 10 min in a future WW
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

How do you force close?
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 04-02-19 at 08:01 PM. Reason: removed post 2 quote as unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedGardens View Post
    How do you force close?
    In IOS there are apps working in the background even when you quit playing or using them. Double tapping the home button will bring up a screen showing you which apps are still open in the back ground. Just swipe them off the screen. Now your device is no longer running them during other applications you might be working on.
    Open CS again & you have a fresh start.

Staying on topic here....I'm finally finishing the rhino, part 2.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    I started part 2 3 days ago, thanks to using forest wisps as my preferred monster during the monster hunt.

Conveniently, one part needed me to clear a dead tree, nice during a MH.

Now I'm already wanting to give up because 2 Willow trees yielded ONE vine. Crying and frustrated.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I started part 2 3 days ago, thanks to using forest wisps as my preferred monster during the monster hunt.

Conveniently, one part needed me to clear a dead tree, nice during a MH.

Now I'm already wanting to give up because 2 Willow trees yielded ONE vine. Crying and frustrated.
    No, no, no. Please only clear willows during a Weekday Warrior. Non-timed event. Put those vines on the back burner until WW.
    The game isn't worth the frustration.(Although I understand.). I try not to get too bothered. But sometimes.......grrrr.