Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Country Express - Levels 247 - 252

Fashion Designer

Country Express - Levels 247 - 252

Choo Choo!! all aboard the Country Express!! couldn't help myself because there's a train on this region

Level 247... timed fire level with restricted jewels

when i started this level yesterday, the timer was at 1:10, and now it's at 1:05. i think it's already a short timer at 1:10. the key is to release as many restricted jewels as fast as possible. but the fire cannot spread to a restricted jewel or crate. so as soon as you release the restricted jewel, the fire is free to spread there. if you can avoid breaking the crates, i'd focus on releasing the restricted jewels because you want to keep the fire contained as much as possible. move fast!!

Fashion Designer
    Level 248... fire moves level with crates, snakes, and restricted jewels

many targets here to take your pick from. getting rid of the snakes is a must, both heads must be eliminated to clear out the entire body. i used a vertical blaster and a diamond to **** the snakes. after the snake was gone, it was a lot easier to get rid of the fire. but due to the restricted board space, you'll probably work on breaking the crates first.

Fashion Designer
    Level 249... digging moves level with super dirt, crates, white blocks, and black jewels

once you dig down into the dirt, the walls will be gone. this level is pretty fun. not really much to say other than that

Fashion Designer
    Level 250... glass moves level with snakes, restricted jewels, and crates

you absolutely have to get rid of all the snakes so that you can access the restricted jewels in the corners. each restricted jewel in the corner is sitting on top of glass (i think it was double glassed). once you clear the snakes it's pretty easy to smash through the crates and release the jewel. (at least in my experience). i enjoyed this level

Fashion Designer
    Level 251... timed fire level with restricted jewels and crates

so far i've found this timer of 1:00 to be very short for this round. so i'm still working on this level. trying to move as fast as possible, but sometimes the matches are just not where you want them to be.

Fashion Designer
    more on Level 251...

early into the level, try to avoid releasing the restricted jewels where the red arrows are pointing at -> Located on the left and right sides of the top row of restricted jewels. i'd focus on the center around the crates. because if you release the restricted jewels where the arrows are pointing, the fire can spread up the side into a hard to reach area really easily and quickly. and the following can result:

so if you notice the left side, there are empty spaces. once you get rid of the fire, jewels can't fall into those slots and you won't be able to get rid of the flame that's in the hard to reach area up top on the left. the left side used to look like the right side until i made a match and the flames went out except for the lingering one on top. just make sure to never allow the fire to spread to that height or else game over.

i'm still currently stuck on this level and have gotten REALLY close so many times. but the time has been reduced to 0:55 and those 5 seconds make a HUGE difference!! give it back! lol

Fashion Designer
    Level 252... fire moves level with restricted jewels and doom jewels

last stop at the Country Express! for this level you want to release the restricted jewels on the top layer so you can contain the fires wedged in between the restricted jewels. then work your way down to the fire pit below. you've gotta try to blast some of the fire below so that jewels drop in and hopefully create matching opportunities to clear out more of the fire. i didn't get any good bomb + blaster combo at the bottom so i was left with the left and right flames in the unreachable corners. these will need to be wiped out with blasters. i was able to make a horizontal blaster and have it drop down to the bottom row. and luckily got it to activate. besides all this strategy... doom jewels will be dropping in. they don't drop in like crazy but i notice they tend to show up whenever i used a special jewel (blaster, bomb, diamond). i don't remember what count was on the timer, but it's something around 8-10. so get rid of these asap. you start out with 35 moves so if you're down to <10 moves, check if the count on any remaining doom jewels are higher so that you can ignore them.

see ya later Country Express! i have 4 levels that are one-starred... will be coming back to improve that!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by OpeningCeremony View Post
    Level 251... timed fire level with restricted jewels and crates

so far i've found this timer of 1:00 to be very short for this round. so i'm still working on this level. trying to move as fast as possible, but sometimes the matches are just not where you want them to be.

They changed the time, it's 50 seconds only. This level is so intense, 50 seconds is very short time, I can't barely make a match, but if you make match on the first step, it'll will you fast go, otherwise, you'll stuck and can't move or even ended up with the spread of fire. Please add more time on here....hello...

Hi finnth, just wanted to bring your attention to OpeningCeremony/Aileeniweeni's other photo/tip about level 251 (above, comment #6) just in case you didn't see it. I'm not even on this island yet, but thought it looked helpful, lol! That does not look like a fun level...

Level 247: 20 fire in :50 (5JC--jewel colors used.) Changes: Time decreased from 1:05, and crates added to board since photo in earlier post. The time goes by in a blink, it's laughable. Difficult to imagine how I'll pass this! Once you've cleared a crate or restricted jewel, the fire's free. If you don't have moves that keep the fire back, it'll take over your screen in a snap. Saw lots of this my first round of attempts. If I figure it out, I'll post tips, lol...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast