Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/3: Monster Hunt Season 21 | information about the event on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Not a single dark compass from sparkling mines since this event began. I have noticed this before with other items. When we have an event going on, regular drops change or stop. Like the white fish, that one always disapears. Its always worse when we have 2 different things going on like we do now. Terribly annoying!
    STORM 8!! can you fix this problem please!?
    My Queendom?s name is FarAway

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mientoentje View Post
    Do you not store energy because you're using it all up? Or do you leave your energy droppers uncollected until you need them, to not miss out on the 40 energy you get for free every few hours (the 1 energy per 3 minutes when you're under 40). I have done that for a long time, I used my weekly ali's as 'power bank' in case i would need a lot of anergy in an event.

But that is a misconception. I came to realize that if you leave your energy droppers uncollected, you are in fact wasting energy. Say you leave a weekly alicorn uncollected for a week, then you have missed out on 40 energy. So I now collect from every energy dropper I have (72 weekly ali's, 62 daily droppers, 2x wizard school and one Lv5 wizard portal, 4x armored direwolf) as soon as it's ready and within months I had thousands of energy banked. Comes in very handy in an event like this...
    I usually collect all of them as soon as they are ready - as I latest events EAT energy I tend to use all of it up on events, rest I spend on collecting fro coin droppers, expansion permit droppers, craft items I need, harvesting etc. Since I'm not collecting I use it up, to get max amount of " free 40 energy - the one which restores itself". If you don't hoard, but keep Alicorns as " bank" - you do WASTE energy- what if you don't need them for a 3 weeks- you would have wasted 3 collection worth of energy.

Personally - I do events as fast as I can ( usually I complete them about 50 % time left). If event doesn't use up my energy I use rest in my kingdom, on whatever needs doing- restoring my storage items which are running low, harvesting for meals and elven trades, coins - since new expansions are VERY expensive.
    So I have divided my weekly allicorns as evenly between 7 days as I can ( collecting from at least 7 every day)., the extra ones ( which won't fit into evenly divided between 7 days schedule I spread out- mostly leave them for Thurstays ( when events begin) or Wednestay ( when they end).

If I have period when I'm done with the event, and have like 1 week until next one ( perks of finishing early) - I focus on expanding mostly. If I happen to be very busy in real life, I rarely DO not use it all up- deliberately, but hoard during that week as I know I'm too busy to play so much. This gives me boost once event starts.

Since I like playing the game part too ( not just events), I love growing as kingdom, expanding, taking part of everything , filling goals - there is so much to do always, so I rarely feel the need to save it for later.

Repost so I know where to spend energy, does finishing the three gold requirements (i.e sovereign and novice) get you points towards the raven as I did not get points today.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    Repost so I know where to spend energy, does finishing the three gold requirements (i.e sovereign and novice) get you points towards the raven as I did not get points today.
    Daily MH goals: Novice hunt, Sovereign hunt, Adept Challenge- do NOT reward you with any ravens. You still get normal rewards in + 5 tokens. ( staff, sword, shield)

Rhino Keeper
    I must have missed it somehow. How can I get Raven tokens?

Fashion Designer
    Hoarding energy does not fit my style of playing. I’m in and out of my game most of the day. I bank my weeklies and use 1/7 a day (6 or 7). My dailies are staggered so when I check in I use the 40 free energy plus some of the dailies, wizard school, or my two fully upgraded portals. I will use whatever energy has been collected.

With this event, I’m going for another Dark Unicorn after getting the Widow Queen (one is enough). I have 67 fruit trees (all from adventures). Every two hours I go for as many old monsters as I can but I’m also collecting from all my ticket droppers and many of my high coin items. I’m working on expanding and keeping two adventures going all the time. Sweet and Spicy Feasts are worked on when event is finished.

Banking a weekly for more than the week may lose 40 energy, but hoarding energy loses you 40 energy every two hours you’re awake.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I have not gotten the Tricks of the Trade goal yet today, nor the daily monster hunt goals. Anyone else having this problem?
    REPOST

The Tricks of the Trade is where we get ravens for doing one each bronze, silver, gold trade in the Trade Wagon. That one is still missing.

The daily monster hunt goals (sovereign, adept, & novice) where we need horses, blue dire boars, and fangbeats, that give tokens toward the regular Monster Hunt tokens, finally showed up.

I would LOVE if we had this monster hunt repeat after the upcoming (likely) 2 week Halloween-themed event. I am sure others who dont have major energy stores, or a Mythic Research Center, (raises hand) or the other crafts offered this week, would enjoy a chance to get them. But we need the daily Tricks of the Trade to get more ravens!

I also love the baby widow; all the new/lower level players who haven't gotten very far through their Goal Books yet now have a source of bone, fur, rat tail, silver, creep tooth. Plus a few coins. We higher level players need to remember S8 needs something for them, other than expansion related items.

I am happy the Blue Dire Boars are multi spawning, but since Tricks of the Trade appears to have been 1 day only, I am not sure if I will buy value pack 1. I still need 10-15 gold coins for the MRC, and am unsure if I will get enough tokens. The Widow tokens are not useful for me; I think getting the MRC is more important right now than another animal. The one I would want is the Royal Dark Unicorn, at 500 (!) tokens
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by madameleota13 View Post
    I apologize for this stupid question, math is hard LOL. I?ve read several threads on banking energy, and just saw janddolphins very thorough explanation a few pages back. What I?m wondering is this. I?m able to check my game very frequently, at least every two hours (when I?m awake). I have 7 weekly Ali?s and around 14 daily?s, plus two wizard schools and one wizard portal. Is it still in my best interest to bank all my energy, or just continue to use up what I can get in a day? I hope that makes sense.

I use up my 40 cap pretty much every time I get it. Have I been doing this all wrong?
    I play like you, using up energy. I generally can finish events & get the prize. I think if I had major life events, where I couldnt play enough to get the prize, will see me logging in daily to bank energy from Alicorns & Wizard School. Plus collect trade tickets
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I play like you, using up energy. I generally can finish events & get the prize. I think if I had major life events, where I couldnt play enough to get the prize, will see me logging in daily to bank energy from Alicorns & Wizard School. Plus collect trade tickets
    That's when I realized energy banking worked for me. I stopped playing altogether for a few months, then I was lured in by my first trade ticket dropper a couple months ago. I did that event, but I knew I couldn't commit so much time so I started collecting everything in the morning when the coffee's brewing, then putting the game away for the day. In a few weeks I had over 4000 energy. (30 dailies, 5 weeklies, 2 wizard schools, a portal, 2 adventures a day (my 2 days alternate)).

I also collect a few "top items" in a squared off area: feast droppers, onyx boar, nagas, gold mine, and now trade ticket droppers. I also do one royal exchange trade.

It really freed me up to do three minutes of game play so that when I do want to sit down again, I have more resources. I wish I'd done the same back when I had just five dailies and a couple weeklies. It's better to sit some events out.

So, that said, I'm deciding between the Royal Dark Unicorn or Cupid Troll. I have neither. I'm leaning towards the unicorn. Anyone feel strongly it'd be better to do the other?

Thanks.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    That's when I realized energy banking worked for me. I stopped playing altogether for a few months, then I was lured in by my first trade ticket dropper a couple months ago. I did that event, but I knew I couldn't commit so much time so I started collecting everything in the morning when the coffee's brewing, then putting the game away for the day. In a few weeks I had over 4000 energy. (30 dailies, 5 weeklies, 2 wizard schools, a portal, 2 adventures a day (my 2 days alternate)).

I also collect a few "top items" in a squared off area: feast droppers, onyx boar, nagas, gold mine, and now trade ticket droppers. I also do one royal exchange trade.

It really freed me up to do three minutes of game play so that when I do want to sit down again, I have more resources. I wish I'd done the same back when I had just five dailies and a couple weeklies. It's better to sit some events out.

So, that said, I'm deciding between the Royal Dark Unicorn or Cupid Troll. I have neither. I'm leaning towards the unicorn. Anyone feel strongly it'd be better to do the other?

Thanks.
    I have both. I would do RDU. Cupid Troll almost never drops more than 4-7 energy. I don't think I have ever gotten more from it.