Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/13: A Tinkerer's Tale | goals and inventory on page 1

Executive Chef
    While my extra energy sources have allowed storage of the chains and oil, I believe the roadblock really is gears.

I've been splitting energy between the event and my kingdom pretty evenly, so my extra energy hasn't helped me progress in the event. It has allowed me to collect from my high coin items and trade ticket givers. The only reason I have 8 gears in storage currently is because I made the goggles. Once I collect the last two goggles, I will be waiting on gears to make blocks and beams.

I should make it, "just" 23 more of each.

My strategy on the step for goggles is
    1. Make the goggles when my iron ore is above 70. Remember only 8 needed.(Done)
    2. Collect chains from iron rich rocks. (Now can buy the cheaper rock outcroppings since goggles are done
    3. Collect from robot birds until I have 8 metallic feathers. (Done)
    4. Collect from robots as close to every 90 minutes as possible.
    5. make the flying machines and flight suit once I have 21 each of the beams and blocks, so then I only need 15 beams and blocks and should have gears to make a few before the next steps.

For me, this will make the end of the event less stressful, knowing I really only need gears, oil and chains.

Metallic feathers I was in the lucky camp, as I got 3 from each of my first 2 collections (all 5 birds purchased) and then only needed to collect from 3 more birds to get the last 2.

Gears, I average 2 per collection and sometimes get 3.

Rhino Keeper
    You should only need to craft a grand total of 2 flight suits for the whole event, even if you are level 50.

Did you mean something else?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudyscandles View Post
    You should only need to craft a grand total of 2 flight suits for the whole event, even if you are level 50.

Did you mean something else?
    I haven’t even crafted one. Just got to that goal and I need a lot of materials to craft one. Not sure I can get done, but I will keep trying. Not going to spend gems on this one and will be okay if I don’t finish. At least that’s what I’m telling myself. Lol

First collection from pilot faerie gave 1 trade ticket and yes I used gems for the 2nd flight suit skipping it was 220 gems which was the least expensive and time consuming option for me

Fashion Designer
    I use the table on page 1 to see if I am on track to finish based on old gears. I realized at the start of the event, we originally needed the average old gear drop rate to be 20 per day (261 total old gears needed/13 days*). Thus the frustration for players (like me) who were only getting 1.5 old gears (on average) per seven robot collection. At my game's drop rate, I would have had to collect 13 times a day (over the course of 19.5 hours) just to keep the pace, aka, get 20 old gears a day.

So, I felt compelled to use gems for the first four days of the event. I ended up using about 30 gems, just to keep pace. Two days ago, my game's old gear drop rate started to change. Now I am down to 14.3 old gears needed per day for the remainder of the event, and I am able to collect 6+ times a day, so I think I am on track to finish without any more gems -- fingers crossed.

So come on game designers, figure this out already!:
    Assume a reasonable amount of log ins/collections per day by players (eg, 5) and program the limiting factor in the event (aka, 20 old gears needed) to reasonably be collected.
    In this current event--The robots were great! Why couldn't four robots have been programmed to each drop an old gear (4@ 5 collections per day=20 old gears) and three robots had a chance of dropping, with the Royal Phoenix helping them out with that? Or just have let us buy fewer robots with a given drop rate each of 1, and the phoenix can increase that to a chance of 2+. We shouldn't have to use gems to keep up, or get so frustrated by drops that we give up!

*I took 2 hrs off event start time (for Old Thomas) and 1 hour off end time (for second flight suit) to get 13.17 days, then rounded down.

Fashion Designer
    Can you craft more than one pilot faerie?

Rhino Keeper
    I am crafting the pilot right now on my level 39 account. I can check for you after I collect her.

On my level 50 account, I have to make the 5 flying wings to craft the 2nd flight suit. I still need 11 each blocks and beams and 9 nuts and bolts. I'm not positive how many old gears, but close to the 44 still. Pretty sure I can make it without using any more gems.

Trudyscandles

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    ive had a few zeros too. Really frustrating.
    Just as an aside, I've seen a few people saying things like they are making their last wings for goal 9. I am assuming you have gemmed ahead, is that right? Surely you can't be there with the normal drop rate? That seems impossible tome - or am I just getting a really bad drop rate? I average about 2 per drop.

My opinion is that there can hardly be anyone who will end this event without giving gems...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stanis87 View Post
    My opinion is that there can hardly be anyone who will end this event without giving gems...
    I'm going "gem-free" but most days I am logging in a minimum of every 2 hours.

Rhino Keeper
    Meh, still trying to craft enough wings for the second pig; Idoubt I will make it to the end of this one