Page 37 of 140 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 9/29 Update - The Elves | new expansion plot | Elven Outpost | Runes

Quote Originally Posted by embroideress View Post
    I haven’t read through the entire thread and only unlocked the outpost last night but the outpost deliveries look like they might work similar to the boardwalk orders in Dream City.

In that one, you had to fill orders for 9 items within the time limit in order to get balloons with tickets for landmarks inside. And you would only get the reward if you delivered everything in the order. So, it was an all or nothing thing. Completing consecutive boardwalk orders would gradually increase the numbers of balloons (and tickets) you would get. And if you failed to complete orders, it would gradually make the number of balloons rewarded decrease.

However, I usually only play that game during events and I noticed that after ignoring boardwalk orders for a while, the number of balloons dropped back down to the minimum of 2 and the items requested became a lot easier as well. Such as s****ets that could be made in a couple of minutes instead of cabinets that took about half an hour and required 5 parts that you had to make first. Maybe, if we let overly difficult orders expire, it’ll give us easier orders after a while?

I feel like the quantities here need adjusting though since it sounds like some people are getting requests for dozens of golden apples or nuggets and that’s just unreasonable considering how rare they are as drops. My first 2 orders all had quantities less than 10 but the third order suddenly jumped to 36 corn and 18 feral magic although the other quantities stayed below 10. There were some difficult to make items that took multiple steps in the city game but the quantities requested never went above 5 for any item.
    It is somewhat similar, with some notable exceptions.

1) The prize does not increase if consecutive orders are done. (my 8th or 9th consecutive order netted 8 bronze tokens)
    2) There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the degree of difficulty...my last order was the easiest one to fill yet, and I still haven't gotten the ridiculous gold requests. (Not complaining about that!!)
    3) The prizes here all require different combinations of bronze, silver and gold runes. None are guaranteed, and amounts vary wildly. (I still haven't received one single gold rune) At least with the boardwalk we know we're getting some amount of tokens, and everything in that market costs tokens.

KattKrazie, Netwiz3, and MoonVillage gave some excellent advice in their posts above...choose to do only the trades that are comfortable, and let the others expire. This update has the potential to be very helpful and enjoyable, hopefully S8 will tweak it based on feedback here.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I did get confirmation that partial trades do not work. If you send some items prior to completing the entire order, you will lose those items.
    Thanks for your help. Yes, it would be helpful if this info could be added to post #1 as part of the instructions on how the Outpost works.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by netwiz3 View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation Kooky Panda! Any way you can edit the first couple of posts to make this clear in the instructions so the players have the best chance to see the rules(if they are on the forum) before running into this problem blindly?

Thank you for everything you do in all the game forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Thanks for your help. Yes, it would be helpful if this info could be added to post #1 as part of the instructions on how the Outpost works.
    I have added this to post 1. I am sure Spirit will be adding more information as it comes in.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    I have added this to post 1. I am sure Spirit will be adding more information as it comes in.
    Maybe I'm biased but I like my red warning better in post 9. Post 2 seems like it'll still get people tripped up.
    🐲 ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ Proud member (#73) of the Thuakie Sword Society ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ 🐲

Wielder of the Mighty Sword of Fire & Ice 🗨⌨🐲⌨{🏟}======🔷=======>

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    I did get confirmation that partial trades do not work. If you send some items prior to completing the entire order, you will lose those items.
    Thanks for the info, now we know partial trades don't work, but some people have posted that they have ticked only SOME of the items because they didn't want to part with cerctain things but the delivery took everything including the items unticked.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    It is somewhat similar, with some notable exceptions.

1) The prize does not increase if consecutive orders are done. (my 8th or 9th consecutive order netted 8 bronze tokens)
    2) There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the degree of difficulty...my last order was the easiest one to fill yet, and I still haven't gotten the ridiculous gold requests. (Not complaining about that!!)
    3) The prizes here all require different combinations of bronze, silver and gold runes. None are guaranteed, and amounts vary wildly. (I still haven't received one single gold rune) At least with the boardwalk we know we're getting some amount of tokens, and everything in that market costs tokens.
    Ah, I was not aware of the prizes not increasing or the difficulty being random since I haven't seen many orders yet and was mostly speculating because of the similarity to boardwalk orders. Although I wonder if there's randomness to the prizes too? I think my first 2 orders gave 8 or 9 bronze runes each but the third gave 5 silver and 8 bronze.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by comeseecomesah View Post
    Thanks for the info, now we know partial trades don't work, but some people have posted that they have ticked only SOME of the items because they didn't want to part with cerctain things but the delivery took everything including the items unticked.
    If you don't want to part with even one item in the group, don't tick any of the items. Let the trade expire.

Executive Chef
    @embroideress
    There are random rewards as the difficulty of the exchange is not equal to what is earned.
    Who lost GoldenApples did not get anything special in return..
    Just like some exchanges get 0 return.
    Or who got silver.. was a simple trade.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by netwiz3 View Post
    Maybe I'm biased but I like my red warning better in post 9. Post 2 seems like it'll still get people tripped up.
    I copied your red notes to my post which is just above yours so we might get more attention
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

why was this information , and the entire run down / rules/ way it works, not revealed to the community BEFORE releasing this? everything seems so vague? it is not the end of the world, but HOW it works was kinda left up to us lol
    dont get me wrong , i am happy we got something , and it shows there was a lot of work involved , but it seems not finished for some reason to me. the way partial trades dont work right now, you could have just made more daily trades in the log book for enormous quantities and let us choose which ones.

the birds button like mentioned before should say " send all"
    it would be nice to have a little more control on what we send, like partials.
    and being up front with what runes we will receive for each individual trade would help us decide if its worth it and go for the plunge , or dont and save for next round, there is enough random in this game...

i like this new addition , but i think a little more brain storming and ironing out the kinks would make it that much more beautiful.

my two gold for the day.
    xox
    cyn