Thread: Uploading your Farm Photos

TongaTom

Post Uploading your Farm Photos

There seem to be a lot of people having problems posting pictures of their farms. Farms they've worked hard on and want to share with others. I've put this together to show you the way I do it. There are other ways, but I find this way fairly straightforward.

Firstly, unless you haven't installed one of the newer versions of Farm Story, you should have a 'Camera' button on the top right of the screen.

Tap it.

Tap 'Take Photo'

Tap 'Save to Photos'

This will save a photo of your farm on your iPhone (or other iThing), without any game data.

If you don't have the 'Camera' icon, take a screenshot in the usual way. This will show your game data along with your farm, as shown in the first picture.

The next step is to upload it to an image server. Photobucket is as good as any other, but there are others available.

Run the Photobucket App and follow the instructions for creating an account. It's all free.

Once you've got that sorted, tap on 'Upload Media' at the bottom of the screen, followed by 'Choose Existing' at the top left.

Browse to your Photo Albums (Camera Roll) and choose the picture you saved in the steps above.

When it's finished uploading, tap on 'Newest Uploads' and you should see it there.

Tap the picture you want to post on the forum.

Tap the 'i' on the bottom right of the screen. This will display 4 'URL Link Codes'.

Now, here's the IMPORTANT PART....

Tap the bottom option, the 'IMG' code. You will get a confirmation message to say 'Copied IMG Code'.

Tap 'OK'.

The last step is to post it on the forum.

Write whatever you like, eg. "This is my lovely farm".

Then 'paste' the previously copied IMG Code.

It should look a little something like this...

[ IMG ]https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/TongaTom/Instructions/4to6.jpg[ /IMG ]

It's important that the 'IMG' tags are at the start and end, otherwise the photo will not display correctly. If you followed the steps correctly and copied the 'IMG' code, then you won't have a problem.

You can always tap on 'Preview Post' to check that your post will look as you intended it, before tapping 'Submit New Thread'.

Note: if you tap 'Preview Post' the 'Image Verification' will change and you'll have to re-enter it if you've already done that.

I hope this goes some way to explaining how to upload pictures to this forum.

TongaTom.

Gruncle

Uploading to Mac

Uploading iPhone photos to a Mac can be done easily using the Mac's "Image Capture" app.

Unregistered
    Thanks TongaTom, very helpfull! Just one more question, how do you post bigger pictures so you don't need a magnifying glass to see the farm? I posted my photo, but it's very tiny...

Maripopp

Thumbs up My photo

I don't have possibilities to send photo
    by photobucket. Need 3.1. and I have

cannot upgrade my iPhone.
    How can I send photo

Thanks
    maripopp

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Maripopp View Post
    I don't have possibilities to send photo
    by photobucket. Need 3.1. and I have

cannot upgrade my iPhone.
    How can I send photo

Thanks
    maripopp
    I copied the photos to my computer and then uploaded them to photobucket from my computer rather than from iPod.

Fedora
    Is there any photobucket-like app you don't have to register for?

Lauren

i agrreeee

I agree with fedora cos I can't register

TongaTom
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks TongaTom, very helpfull! Just one more question, how do you post bigger pictures so you don't need a magnifying glass to see the farm? I posted my photo, but it's very tiny...
    Not sure about the specific process you're using, but make sure that the link you're using to the site hosting your image is referencing the full size image.

TongaTom
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora View Post
    Is there any photobucket-like app you don't have to register for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    I agree with fedora cos I can't register
    I don't know about any Apps, but there are a lot of image hosting websites. I don't know about the registration though. You may still need to register for them too.

Another alternative is to save your photos to Facebook and reference them from there (remember to ensure that your album isn't private, otherwise it won't be visible to anyone else)