Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 11/10 Update - Fall Queen Event! EXPIRED

Rhino Keeper
    i thought i was off to a good start so far until i did the math of what i have left to do ... ha... need so much energy i couldn't even count
    but im still trying i want a doe for my green stag

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    Thanks Kattkrazie! Think I'll potter on with this one but honestly, I can't get inspired. I may drop out fairly soon. Got other fish to fry and none of those is things I don't have other sources for. I fact, three of them are things I'm regularly maxed out on.

I think S8 need to find a way to somehow make these things feel a bit more fresh.
    I agree, I can't muster up any enthusiasm either. A lot is energy to planting and watering trees that I then have to chop down as I am lucky if I get 2 autumn wood from one tree. I like the new flowers and will probably keep a couple out. But, time to send Fred back into retirement and concentrate on my queendom and the occasional raccoon

Rhino Keeper
    this carriage is going to overflowing with fancy lace curtains!! HAHAH!! I can see one upgrade needing them ( but at most ... I count 8 Windows, not 10) the. To keep having to make them for the next level ups...
    I'm bored. And I dislike the way carriages look in my queendom. I'll need a parking lot soon! LOL

Fashion Designer
    So, I was curious and did the energy math. My carriage is at level 2. To get to level 3:

Its taking roughly 2.5 trees to get the wood to make one beam (if you average 2 wood/tree)
    - 5 energy/tree to grow them and then 10 to chop = 40-45 energy per beam.
    - 10 beams to get to level 3 is 400-450 energy just for the wood

It's taking roughly 3 flower collections to get one autumn flower
    - at 5 flowers per beam, so 15 energy per beam
    - 10 beams to get to level 3 is another 150 energy

Then you need 10 curtains, which takes more flowers plus you have to energy to harvest 10 strawberries per adventure to get the lace!

To me it's not worth it for another animal that drops things I already have and can get from other sources. I don't collect from the green stag as it is.

I will be bowing out of this one. To all my neighbors, when you get to the request step I will answer all requests

Executive Chef
    Oh, I don't know, I think the events HAVE to be timed. Can you imagine the mess we'd have if some players were still working on winning the moonbase Crystal and others were sending out requests to get the Satyr and still others were asking questions about the Haunted Keep? We'd probably be complaining that S8 needs to focus on one thing at a time. Lol

I think complaints are a great way for S8 to get feedback about the things we don't enjoy, but timed events are necessary to keep things somewhat organized. As long as we get plenty of time to do the goals, no harm is really done. There will always be players who are too busy to complete the tasks, but many of us look forward to updates and getting new content.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    Oh, I don't know, I think the events HAVE to be timed. Can you imagine the mess we'd have if some players were still working on winning the moonbase Crystal and others were sending out requests to get the Satyr and still others were asking questions about the Haunted Keep? We'd probably be complaining that S8 needs to focus on one thing at a time. Lol

I think complaints are a great way for S8 to get feedback about the things we don't enjoy, but timed events are necessary to keep things somewhat organized. As long as we get plenty of time to do the goals, no harm is really done. There will always be players who are too busy to complete the tasks, but many of us look forward to updates and getting new content.
    I second this.. but in the future it would be nice if there was an option to purchase more time (like an extension) or to purchase the end item for players that cannot finish no matter what because of real life.

Also did you ever receive your free doe or stag? Or are you still waiting, just curious?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by undead30k View Post
    I second this.. but in the future it would be nice if there was an option to purchase more time (like an extension) or to purchase the end item for players that cannot finish no matter what because of real life.

Also did you ever receive your free doe or stag? Or are you still waiting, just curious?
    I'm still waiting but I assume glitches can't be addressed until working hours. I'm in no hurry. I agree with the players who feel like a different colored stag is not very exciting. This would have been a good event for the reward to be a pet flyger. He has autumn colors and most of us want one badly. A missed opportunity for the developers...

Rhino Keeper
    I'm still waiting but I assume glitches can't be addressed until working hours. I'm in no hurry. I agree with the players who feel like a different colored stag is not very exciting. This would have been a good event for the reward to be a pet flyger. He has autumn colors and most of us want one badly. A missed opportunity for the developers...
    They still have time to incorporate the flyger in a future event. Someone should create another poll and I'm sure it would win. Even just giving us something different than a stag or doe. I would like to see them stick with castle story prizes like years ago. These prizes do nothing except say 'I finished the event and I play too much'. Before any new events with 4x4 plots we need more expansions.
    Last edited by undead30k; 11-13-16 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Clarification

Executive Chef
    Oh, I don't know, I think the events HAVE to be timed. Can you imagine the mess we'd have... [without them].
    I think complaints are a great way for S8 to get feedback about the things we don't enjoy, but timed events are necessary to keep things somewhat organized.
    100% agree with Kat that events need to run in a timeframe.
    Limited time events are also what add fun on top of the game.

Just seems the past year has become overrun with events and the main story has been forgotten about.
    Event after event is a little too draining.

This storyline could have easily been regular main quests instead ... And would have been stronger for it.
    Fauna could have been found lost in the forest and uncovered as we expand (given an expansion plot).
    The Autumn Blooms and Autumnal Trees (where are these by the way?? why are we chopping acres?? ) could have been added to the inventory and unlocked.
    Also adding this to main story would leave things open for Fauna and Clyde to return into the story in the future and thus not waste their beautiful design.
    And...
    This would have been a good event for the reward to be a pet flyger. He has autumn colors and most of us want one badly. A missed opportunity for the developers...

Quote Originally Posted by undead30k View Post
    Before any new events with 4x4 plots we need more expansions.
    And yes!! More expansions please!

(Also leaf paths?!? why aren't these a thing?)
    Last edited by hagypagy; 11-13-16 at 11:58 AM.

Executive Chef
    Looks like the doe is just a stag without antlers. It would have been awesome if they had put lipstick and long eyelashes on her. I would have spent 500 gems for THAT. As it stands, I'm just sticking with my "free" stag. Just a little creativity would go a long way in gem sales IMO.