Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 04/12: Leaderboard - Beast Master | Monster Hunt season 12

Executive Chef
    Enfield kit - 3 hour timer

Executive Chef
    Not even minimal gems. The first person in my group already has over 4000 points and we are not even through the first 24 hours yet. I have been playing for the monster hunt part. Only getting the enfields when searching for fangbeasts. So then I use those tokens to craft some of the LB crafts. I had about 1700 in hoarded energy yesterday and have gained another 300 or so. I have spent no gems and have TONS of energy giving resources and am just at 2300 points. So unless I spend massive gems to get boosts all through the event, there is no way to catch number 1 in my group. For smaller players with few energy giving resources, it would be well beyond impossible. I honestly think that if LBs had been a part of this game when I first started, I would have soon quit.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    Another event that penalises different time zones. The event appears to finish at 2am for me.
    Doesn't this go on all week, though? 6 days?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Doesn't this go on all week, though? 6 days?
    Yes but LBs are particularly competitive right at the very end. So if you can?t play at the very end, chances are you have no hope of winning.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kiteflyer62 View Post
    So is there any reason at all to make beast hammer or sword? You get more points for fewer coins if you just make chisels (as long as you have wood and iron).
    I have the same question! Points per token is higher making chisels, but I will run out of iron fast, lol.

I'm a newbie (level 23) and I come to the forum topic looking for this kind of info and tips on how to do the event. Hopefully someone can give us some good advice.

I wish an event monster would drop troll essence because I need it for several things and I only have 2, lol. I can't get glimmer trolls to spawn as easily as fangbeasts etc.

For what it's worth, all 5 of my Enfield spawns were from a regular cow, not gnome/spring/other.

Host(ess)
    This is my first monster hunt. Should the aquanthers be dropping tokens? I saw that they were listed in the monster hunt section linked. They give LB points, but my main objective are the tokens for the trade wagon. I just wanted to check to e if it's a bug or if I just need to avoid anything that can spawn one of they're not supposed to be dropping tokens.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    Yes but LBs are particularly competitive right at the very end. So if you can?t play at the very end, chances are you have no hope of winning.

Yes, exactly this.

For this reason I’m only going for the Kit and when I’ve got that I’m done. It’s pointless to try for anything else.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    To my neighbors and other forum users, I am not competing in the leaderboard. I am participating in the monster hunt and as of now I am in second place only because I am hunting monsters. So , if you’re in a group with me (bingo chips) I may briefly be on top, but if you pass me up, rest assured I’m not going for the top spot.
    I put a message on all my leaderboard compatriots stating I don?t want the main prize, but trade tickets, if we all work together none of us have to lose out. I know it?s been done before where you can all aim for first prize and all get first prize. So I?m hoping they answer. Last time, it was quite fun because even though our objective didn?t occur I made a few friends out of it, and it got really good watching all my fellow gamers try to get higher on the board to meet the next rank. Some didn?t play along though and continued to fight through so a bunch of us ended up with 5-10 trade tickets the one that won was originally in our plan, but she could see others weren?t playing ball so she gem whooped them at the end. I can?t remember exactly how many trade tickets we came away with, but I had fun anyway. So far no-one has responded, I hope it?ll work this time but we?ll see. Strangely at the moment I?m in the lead. Lol.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I put a message on all my leaderboard compatriots stating I don?t want the main prize, but trade tickets, if we all work together none of us have to lose out. I know it?s been done before where you can all aim for first prize and all get first prize. So I?m hoping they answer. Last time, it was quite fun because even though our objective didn?t occur I made a few friends out of it, and it got really good watching all my fellow gamers try to get higher on the board to meet the next rank. Some didn?t play along though and continued to fight through so a bunch of us ended up with 5-10 trade tickets the one that won was originally in our plan, but she could see others weren?t playing ball so she gem whooped them at the end. I can?t remember exactly how many trade tickets we came away with, but I had fun anyway. So far no-one has responded, I hope it?ll work this time but we?ll see. Strangely at the moment I?m in the lead. Lol.
    I had a similar experience with the last LBs. I added several great new neighbors in the last one and the most enjoyable part to me was all of us working together to reach the point limit we decided on. When I get some free time later, I plan on visiting those in my bracket and posting to see if anyone wants to work together this time. Just because S8 wants us to compete against one another, doesn't mean we have to do it. I want as many of us players to get the main prize as possible.

I've only been fighting monsters and I'm in the lead also, though I don't expect it to last. Just crafted my third Armored Direwolf so I wiped out my tokens and am just focusing on the Glimmer Golems to build them back up in preparation for the next (hopefully normal) hunt when we get some new animals in the MRC.

Fashion Designer
    Is there anything wrong with points showing on leader board? Mine seems to be messed up. It is not giving points. I’m watching closely, now. Also when event started I had saved energy, it started and I was slaying E. And no leader board. Came here and then closed and when leader board came up I had no points and not much energy left!