Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/30 - Monster Hunt S14 (Dark Unicorn) | * goals and info on page 1*

Rhino Keeper
    As others have mentioned, I really miss getting the energy crates that we used to get for completing the daily hunts. I wonder why S8 stopped doing that?
    S8 please remove cap on level

Rhino Keeper
    I won the Royal Lion last time, so I had a feeling I would be put in a competitive group this time. I think any top places are beyond what my resources can get me, lol. Happily (with exception of game resets and severe lag) working on those Troll Tokens and any Trade Tickets I get in the end will be a nice little bonus.

Just deciding if I should get Unicorn or Armored Flyger first. Building upgrade vs. land expansion. I have 98 Mithril and it seems a shame to waste them, but I don't know if I have enough time to get the Armored Direwolf this time. Armored Alicorn is also an option, but that's low-priority for me. Decisions, decisions!

Good luck to the players trying to get into the game. As it's a timed event, I hope things are resolved quickly for you guys. Good luck to the Leaderboard participants, too.

Edit: Mystery Chests - I can't help but laugh. I reached 760 to get the double chests and it gave me 20 points combined, which is 14 less than the 34 points the first mystery chest gave me. My second chest gave me two Unicorn Tokens in an event I'm not participating in. Rather than a prize, it's just... very disappointing. :'(
    Last edited by Glimmerless; 08-31-18 at 05:32 PM.
    Uninstalled Castle Story, my account is no longer active. Sorry to all the people who added me - I know I really appreciated having reliable neighbors, I feel bad that I'm no longer one of them. May the rest of you active players not fall into traps that demolish your Gems.

Thank you to the players who helped out and those who played the game with me. :]

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks AnnirasSweets. That's really helpful.

Executive Chef
    Glimmer less:

I don't remember my reasoning, but I got the 4 unicorns first (got the last 1 during the last hunt). I am now crafting my second armored Flyger this hunt. I had 34 tokens left after the last MH but did not have enough sword tokens, thankfully S8 has corrected my sword token imbalance this MH (thanks S8).

I'm thinking that I needed lots of spellbound dew when I started crafting the unicorns and the extra energy everyday is helpful. Sometimes it's 15 energy but there are enough days where it is 20, 30 or even 40+, this make me very happy I have 4 unicorns (and I never worry about spellbound dew, plus they will often drop MH tokens so I can usually craft a gold token as soon as a MH starts).

My mystery chest dropped 1000 coins...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    Whilst they haven't scrapped the LB altogether, S8 have at least have tried to address the issue of the staff/sword imbalance.

My strategy so far has been to **** blue dire boars and an occaisional black unicorn to help with the staff/sword balance.

I'm ignoring the LB for the time being and concentrating on gold tokens, so this strategy works for me.
    That's exactly what I've found to work too. I've never had my coin totals so well-balanced before in any of the previous Hunts. Usually I'm drowning in Staff Tokens but this time around I fight two or three Blue Boars, craft a Troll Token, fight two more Blue Boars (which is when I find myself short a few Sword Tokens) then I fight a Dark Unicorn and craft another Troll Token.

The numbers vary slightly but by bouncing between the two animals I always have just enough to craft a Troll Token with only a few to spare, there's no huge gap between any two tokens which is a relief compared to years prior. Event monsters dropping double Sword Tokens is definitely one change I hope they keep for future hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post

So my 1st chest dropped a couple of unicorn Tokens and as I am not really participating in the LB I was rather dismissive when I saw my second chest coming up. Second chest contents? Two gold troll tokens and some coins. Super excited!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Glimmer less:

I don't remember my reasoning, but I got the 4 unicorns first (got the last 1 during the last hunt). I am now crafting my second armored Flyger this hunt. I had 34 tokens left after the last MH but did not have enough sword tokens, thankfully S8 has corrected my sword token imbalance this MH (thanks S8).

I'm thinking that I needed lots of spellbound dew when I started crafting the unicorns and the extra energy everyday is helpful. Sometimes it's 15 energy but there are enough days where it is 20, 30 or even 40+, this make me very happy I have 4 unicorns (and I never worry about spellbound dew, plus they will often drop MH tokens so I can usually craft a gold token as soon as a MH starts).

Oh, right! Unicorns also drop Tokens, thank you for the reminder. That makes me think any extra Mithril I get that will be converted into coins will be worth it, especially if I get nice drops from the Unicorn.
    Uninstalled Castle Story, my account is no longer active. Sorry to all the people who added me - I know I really appreciated having reliable neighbors, I feel bad that I'm no longer one of them. May the rest of you active players not fall into traps that demolish your Gems.

Thank you to the players who helped out and those who played the game with me. :]

Rhino Keeper
    It looks
    Like I get a lot of stuff when I craft a gold token. Is there any way to know exactly? It flashes on the screen for a half a second.

Host(ess)
    No game for me either , it?s been 1 1/2 days for me. I can?t play on my iPad on WiFi or hot spot off my cellular. My game on the iPad and iPhone says I need an internet connection. It?s very frustrating because I have a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by arhoneybee View Post
    It looks
    Like I get a lot of stuff when I craft a gold token. Is there any way to know exactly? It flashes on the screen for a half a second.
    Take a screen shot and read in peace?