Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Tournament: Thanksgibbon 11-11-14

R1. Pyro Pony 1< Steamtrunk 11
    R2. Armodillo< Rainguin 10
    R3. Rainguin< Vinotaur 11
    R4. Werewolf<
    R5.

Fashion Designer
    If a responder had one weakness and one strength against a challenger, it was ALWAYS rated neutral; not weak.

1 + 1 = 2 (strong & strong): VERY STRONG
    1 + 0 = 1(strong & neutral): STRONG
    -1 + 1 = 0 (weak & strong): NEUTRAL
    -1 + 0 = -1 (weak & neutral): WEAK
    -1 + -1 = -2 (weak & weak): VERY WEAK

That basic calculation of negative or positive ones and zeros is how the system comes up with the element ratings. It has NEVER arbitrarily decided that an individual element score of zero was "weak" (unless maybe it was one of those occasional mis-ratings.) I don't know where the weak-plus-strong-equals-weak notion came from, but it doesn't serve us to have it perpetuated.

The tutorial was never meant to be anything but rudimentary, so it errs occasionally. It also doesn't bother to indicate whether an element is very strong or very weak. This is why it's not enough to rely on the tutorial ratings. One strong-rated element is not necessarily equal in strength to another.

I wish everyone the best of luck in this tournament. I can already see that this thread will be riddled with conjecture and all kinds of theories about what, if any major power shifts have been implemented. Just do your best and watch out for changes. Problems are not as monumental as they may be projected. Most of us will still win this challenge.
    Last edited by SANDSCApe; 11-11-14 at 06:23 PM.
    It's perfectly okay to NOT know something; and one is no less worthy for admitting this. The wisest seeker is she who knows that she knows nothing!

Executive Chef
    Level 3 ( rainguin water-earth) I won with pegasus, nature attack 1st critical

Rhino Keeper
    i think i'll just make a post here and edit it up time and again to make a list of how i won rounds. lord knows i won't remember anything a day after i play it. this tournament is much harder than the last one with this stupid earth problem, oh my lord.

round 1: lv.1 pyro pony - defeated with lv.15 frostfang
    round 2: lv.1 armordillo - defeated with lv.10 glacial griffin (waterx2)
    round 3: lv.1 rainguin - defeated with lv.15 ancient sloth (rock, one-hit crit)
    round 4: lv.2 werewolf - defeated with lv.10 aurora pegasus (darkx2, both crits)
    round 5: lv.2 rock rhino - defeated with lv.15 ancient sloth (rock, got a lucky crit)
    round 6: lv.3 daredevil - defeated with lv.15 ancient sloth (rock, two crits)
    round 7: lv.4 jackalope - defeated with lv.15 pyro pony
    round 8: lv.5 chameneon - defeated with lv.10 hippogryph (electricx3)
    round 9: lv.6 koala cadabra - defeated with lv.12 nightmare
    round 10: lv.7 iciclaw - defeated with lv.15 ancient sloth (naturex2)
    round 11: lv.8 solar simian - defeated with lv.12 nightmare (firex3, first hit a crit)
    round 12: lv.9 rampage - defeated with lv.10 glacial griffin (waterx2)
    round 13: lv.10 bansheep - defeated with lv.10 magmacore (firex3)
    round 14: lv.10 volcamel -defeated with lv.10 glacial griffin (waterx2)
    round 15: lv.12 arboar - defeated with lv.10 hippogryph (electricx2)
    round 16: lv.10 terrorier - defeated with lv.10 glacial griffin (water, one crit)
    round 17: lv.10 spruce moose - defeated with lv.13 nightmare (firex2)
    round 18: lv.12 eagle beagle - defeated with lv.13 nightmare (firex2)
    round 19: lv.12 nightmare - defeated with lv.10 glacial griffin (earth, one-hit crit)
    round 20: lv.15 twilight troll - defeated with lv.13 nightmare (firex3)
    round 21: lv.12 falconch - defeated with lv.15 ancient sloth (earthx3)
    round 22: lv.14 emerald dragon - defeated with lv.13 nightmare (firex3)
    round 23: lv.15 hippogryph - defeated with lv.15 ancient sloth (earthx2)
    round 24: lv.15 gold lion - defeated with lv.15 ancient sloth (earthx3)
    round 25: lv.18 crystal unicorn - defeated with lv.13 nightmare (darkx3)
    round 26: lv.16 sea horse - defeated with lv.15 lightning leopard (electricx3)
    round 27: lv.17 yak-o-lantern - defeated with lv.10 glacial griffin (water, rock, water)
    round 28: lv.18 emerald dragon - defeated with lv.14 nightmare (dark, firex2)
    round 29: lv.19 skeletal dragon - defeated with lv.10 glacial griffin (waterx3)
    round 30: lv.20 thanksgibbon - defeated with lv.15 ancient sloth (rockx3)
    Last edited by dumbpluff; 11-15-14 at 06:42 PM.
    fantasy forest story
    aiming for a complete album!
    ~*~
    currently on-task: 119/124

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    Round Opponent Strong Attack(s) Best Bets to Beat it
    1 Pyro Pony (fire) water, earth Water-earth is best. Electric-earth, electric-water, earth-fire, water-fire good.
    2 Armordillo (earth-fire) gem, water, earth Water-earth is best. Gem also good.
    3 Rainguin (water-earth) gem ONLY GEM is a always a strong attack now against water-earth.
    It is possible that dark is also now strong vs. earth. If you don't have gem, try your best dark animal with no fire.
    Everything but gem (strong) and fire (weak) appears to be neutral now.
    4 Werewolf (earth-nature) gem It sounds like nature may no longer be strong to earth-nature now as well.
    Gem is best. If you don't have gem, try dark-water or dark-nature.
    5 Rock Rhino (earth) gem. (nature???) Gem(-nature) is best. Your best nature with no fire or electric also good.
    6 Daredevil (electric-fire) earth x2 Earth-fire, earth-electric best. Gem good.
    7 Jackalope (nature-fire) fire, water, gem Gem is best. Electric-fire, electric-water good.
    8 Chameneon (dark-water) electric Your best electric with no fire.
    9 Koala Cadabra (electric-dark) fire, earth Earth-fire is best. (Fire or earth) with (nature, dark or electric) good.
    10 Iciclaw (water-earth) gem, nature??? Gem(-nature) is best. Dark-nature, water-nature, earth-nature good.
    11 Solar Simian (nature-fire) fire, water, gem Gem, electric-fire, electric-water good.
    12 Rampage (earth-fire) earth, water, gem. Water-earth best. Gem good.
    13 Bansheep (electric-dark) fire, earth Earth-fire is best. (Fire or earth) with (nature, dark or electric) good.
    14 Volcamel (earth-fire) earth, water, gem. Water-earth best. Gem good.
    15 Arboar (water-nature) electric, gem Gem is best. Electric with nature, water or dark good.
    16 Terrorier (dark-fire) fire, earth, water Earth-fire and earth-water best. Electric with fire, earth or water good.

The animals I used to beat each round:
    1. Glacial Griffin 10 (water attack) beat Pyro Pony.
    2. Crystal Unicorn 12 (gem attack) beat Armordillo.
    3. Crystal Unicorn 12 (gem attack) beat Rainguin.
    4. Crystal Unicorn 12 (gem attack) beat Werewolf.
    Thank you so much for working up this chart :-) I find them really helpful

Fashion Designer
    I beat level 4 Werewolf with my Vinotaur. First hit with fire must have been neutral and my second hit with Nature was a critical... Not sure if that helps.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SANDSCApe View Post
    If anyone ever saw a weak rating when a responder had both weak and strong elements, it's because it had MORE weaknesses than strengths.
    I don't get it?? There are only dual types, and you use a type that is weak to one but strong to the other, how can you have more weaknesses than strengths without a glitch?
    ~Daily Fantasy Forest Story Player~
    Level 39
    Album: 44/81
    Currently Trying For: Treasure Toucan
    Super Rares and Ultra Rares

Vinotaur, Magmacore, Ancient Sloth, Vampire Cat, Skeletal Dragon, Yak-O-Lantern, Glacial Griffin, Ocean Owl, Hydro Yak, Sea Horse, Cosmic Phoenix, Aurora Pegasus, Frankenswine, Nightmare, Terrorier, Twilight Troll, Scarecrow

~Dragon Story Player~
    ON PARTIAL HIATUS
    Plays enough to breed, evolve, collect, battle dragons, send gold, and accept requests.

Farm Supplier
    I have a question: With two different creatures with the same elements, one is super rare and one is common. When they are on the same level, does the super rare one deal more damage than the common one? I hope not cuz the super rares eat so many food than the commons.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Aernak View Post
    My daughter has lost round 1 FIVE X now... What the heck is going on.

She has tried:

Lv 10 Frostfang
    Lv 10 Aquatter (water att)
    Lv 7 Rockodile (both atts)
    Lv 15 Fairy Ferret
    Lv 10 Frostfang

:-(
    Uninstall and reinstall the game on her iOS/ ipad

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kbli7355 View Post
    I have a question: With two different creatures with the same elements, one is super rare and one is common. When they are on the same level, does the super rare one deal more damage than the common one? I hope not cuz the super rares eat so many food than the commons.
    It seems to work this way:
    The only way to win an arena battle is by getting at least 1 critical hit.
    • The more rare your animal, the more likely you are to get a critical hit.
    • Also, the higher the level of your animal, the more likely you are to get a critical hit.
    • And finally, if you attack with an element that can land a "strong attack", the more likely you are to get a crit.

We don't know for sure which of those 3 factors is more important than the others, if any. But it is a good idea to try to get high-level super rares because they have more of those factors going for them than commons.

It is typically pretty difficult to beat an animal that is more rare than your animal.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 11-11-14 at 05:56 PM.