Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/9: Gone to the Sled Dogs | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by grimeden View Post
    So we need to craft five Mikos, correct? At 3 gold nuggets per sled, we need 15 gold nuggets. I have that supply because I have years in the game, but I am quite certain this is the highest amount of gold nuggets we've ever been required to spend for an event questline.

Now, out of curiosity, do low level player's sleds require gold nuggets as well? If so, I cannot fathom any sub level 40 having that much saved up.
    Yes, the low lvl players indeed need the same amount of 15 gold nuggets. Personally I found this completely over the top and unworthy for a company which needs new loyal paying customers to keep this game driving. Gold nuggets are offered at 80 gems a piece. I put money in this event and - not only me - will become blocked by this cause I am not going to pay a 1000 gems to get all the nuggets since I will never ever be able to find that amount of gold nuggets in just a few days. End of the line for me and I will seriously consider if I will continue to play and pay for this game

Rhino Keeper
    So we need to craft five Mikos, correct? At 3 gold nuggets per sled, we need 15 gold nuggets. I have that supply because I have years in the game, but I am quite certain this is the highest amount of gold nuggets we've ever been required to spend for an event questline.

Now, out of curiosity, do low level player's sleds require gold nuggets as well? If so, I cannot fathom any sub level 40 having that much saved up.
    You only need to craft 1 Mikos but dime players have crafted more and the most can do is 5.
    StormID: neferlala

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CelineDragoness View Post
    Yes, the low lvl players indeed need the same amount of 15 gold nuggets. Personally I found this completely over the top and unworthy for a company which needs new loyal paying customers to keep this game driving. Gold nuggets are offered at 80 gems a piece. I put money in this event and - not only me - will become blocked by this cause I am not going to pay a 1000 gems to get all the nuggets since I will never ever be able to find that amount of gold nuggets in just a few days. End of the line for me and I will seriously consider if I will continue to play and pay for this game
    Yes, v bad treatment of esp mid level players. When I was levelled below 30ish, I didn't even try for the events, which were more spaced out anyway back then. I started spending real cash for gems around that time, and more as time has gone on, incl on energy droppers so I can store energy.

I have stacks of nuggets - two golden peacocks and two gold mines - and even sometimes make gold thread just to avoid maxing out on nuggets. So events like this are very do-able for me. I also have enough energy to get through the event without limiting basic play, like I had to do when I was lower level and counting on the free refresh. And I like the thought of an exp permit dropper (chance only, chance only). This event is just about still fun for me, but only because I managed to make 5 mikos. Without that it would be stress-y and unfun. It shouldn't only be powered up players that can enjoy events. I found the shark event incredibly stressful and don't get me started on the piggy-Wolf one.

The increasing demands of the events are pretty fun-sucking though, and I am getting a decreasing fun return on time investment for events. I LOVE expanding and decorating, and I have dropped hundreds in RL cash in the game, so I stay for that. I also suffer FOMO for the events! So I start them even when reluctant and then finish as best I can because I have started. Lol!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 01-11-20 at 11:42 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate comments about S8
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    You only need to craft 1 Mikos but dime players have crafted more and the most can do is 5.
    Upper levels need 55 bone drops from the mikos.
    11 days left.... that's 5 bones a day (ish).
    50% drop rate, you need 10 chances a day, on average - some people will have worse drop rates, some better.
    Since the timer is 6 hrs on the mikos, we can collect 3x a day without interrupting sleep.
    To collect at least ten times from mikos we need 4 mikos.

Without at least 4 mikos, you would have to be VERY lucky to finish the event. 5 would be *necessary* for an unlucky realm for drop rates.

That's a lotta nugget requirement!

One or two mikos only? Fuggetaboutit. Only w a guaranteed drop would it be poss. And it ain't. It would be awful for someone to spend gems and STILL not be able to finish. That was me in the piggy event. I'm not grumpy about that at all, nope, no grudge or resentment at all. : )
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

I only have 5 nuggets, I am going to sit this one out. It's been a while that I put a quest away and stopped.

Fashion Designer
    Has anyone reached Goal 12 and upgraded the Arctic Sled to Level 6?
    I am wondering the requirements for the upgrade?
    I have looked at page 1 which is awesome we have that much information in this stage of the game (thank you SprirtWind00 and s8 ), but don't see that step.
    I am making my sled kits now and want to be planful.
    Last edited by venatemp; 01-11-20 at 06:55 AM. Reason: typo
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Executive Chef
    I also am still enjoying the events, even though one event comes right on the heels of the previous one with precious little time to recharge. This morning for the first time ever, I collected energy from 5 of my 40-energy Alicorns. For 200 plus a few energy, I collected 62 Anthemum Buds. That enables me to craft a mere 5 Anti-Catnip Potions of the 16 I need for advancing to the next level.
    The Katz Sister is proving to be very elusive as well. This morning, I got 5 Fangbeasts in a row. Granted you do get energy back when fighting the Fangbeasts. However, sometimes I collect from all my farmhouses and never run into the Katz Sister. Come out, come out wherever you are!
    I made my 5 Mikos without much trouble. Many thanks to whoever figured it out that you could make 5. I now have 4 of the 20 necessary Golden Bones.
    Glimmerdust started to become a problem, so I was forced to purchase some Glimmerdust Troves for 40 gems apiece. Ouch!
    I am staying hopeful and do believe I will complete this event. That being said, I spend a lot of time on my iPad and do use gems when I feel it is absolutely necessary. Between the Golden Mine, the Fire Wagon, and the Golden Peacock, I always seem to have just enough Gold Nuggets. So I will continue slowly plodding along and, one way or another, I will finish. I try to stay positive, otherwise why bother playing at all. Best of luck to all as we try to finish this very challenging, energy- intensive event. As my mother used to say, "Slow and steady wins the race." Too bad that is not a guarantee in these events.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    Has anyone reached Goal 12 and upgraded the Arctic Sled to Level 6?
    I am wondering the requirements for the upgrade?
    I have looked at page 1 which is awesome we have that much information in this stage of the game (thank you SprirtWind00 and s8 ), but don't see that step.
    I am making my sled kits now and want to be playful.
    The upgrade requirements are on Page 1, Post 4.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    The upgrade requirements are on Page 1, Post 4.
    Doh! How did I miss that huge post? thank you so much Stymie52.
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Fashion Designer
    Annoyingly, I am now crafting Mikos 5 and 6 as I thought the post here said I could have 6. I'm guessing I won't be able to place #6 but what happens to him?