• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GC5410 View Post
    I’m surprised the walkers cost as much as 400 gems (especially since it only gives an extra chance of drops and not guarantee), when the nectar only cost 5 gems each anyway. That means 400 gems could instantly buy 80 nectar, enough for 40 beams/blocks, whereas 400 gems on the walker will only get you an increased chance of nectar drops and you still have to spend several (3? 4? 5? More?) days collecting every 1.5 hours to get up to 80 extra nectar (on top of what you would have already got anyway).
    The drops definitely change if you have the walker. Before getting the walker I received a regular 2 nectar at each collection, not enough to do continued crafting.. now I'm getting 4 to 5 and crafting with the boost. For the time being if boosted drops don't change.. I've doubled my collecting.
    I haven't worked out the stats yet.. I'm just crafting ahead, but got stuck on 8th for 2days due to lack of nectar. I figured at that pace I wouldn't have days enough to finish, as last goals are very demanding as reported and then measured the pro and cons.

... It does say the walker boosts ALL drops needed: nectar, wood, ore, fur.. so should help in other collections and crafting, not only nectar.

... Another reason was on week days a 90 minute collection is difficult for me.. I would surely miss some.. plus this would continue for another 10 days! Now it's resolved.

... Last reason was having all the walkers in the set so far.. this one even if differently proposed would be missing.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Farm Supplier
    Weekend warrior on Easter weekend with needing more energy than I had for the first goal was a very quick no nothing... sorry... hope it was worth it for those who followed through..🐥🐥🐥🐣🐣

Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Another idea.. maybe

Usually lower level players are given lower numbers of crafting during events.. and is a fact we all know.
    But.. that doesn't mean all higher levels players are able to finish events.
    Could it be a test to see if higher level players, given also a lower amount of materials to craft, the % of players able to finish the event rises?
    One of the questions always asked is 'Were you able to finish the event?' and never has it been a high %.
    Maybe S8 wants to consentrate on making events positive for more players and they need stats on possibilities?
    Developing this theory.. lower crafts were given out to xx random higher level players, but in order to see results in the final poll.
    Maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by scavaig View Post
    I like this. Sounds logical to me. Make it more difficult for those who finish early and easier for those who don't usually finish - a nice helping hand from S8

Fits my situation - level 50 , 20 or so Ali's, say 100 extra energy a day from all sources, lots of rp's - don't finish every quest - have lower requirements.

However, even though I'm in the lower requirement group and there is no way I'm going to be able to finish this one - lower requirements or not ;-)

Just one question - how can they tell?????? ;-)
    Sorry to mess up another plausible theory, but I got the easier (lower) requirements and I am an upper level 50++, with over 6k Royal points on the board and plenty of extra energy sources. I also have a lot of time to play, and finish almost all goals with time to spare, while spending less than 20 gems per quest. Oh, and I did not purchase the new walker or any value packs. By all theories, I should have been in the harder group. (Although I am certain my turn is coming at some point.)

The few timed quests I have not finished are by choice, either because I decided I did not want to do them at all (gothic buildings) or just lost interest (tea party, and at this point, very likely this one).

I?ve decided to chalk it up to the fact that it was either a bug they did not want to fix, or some bizarre April Fools social experiment. And I agree, there?s probably a pool going to see A) if we will ever guess the correct answer and B) to see how long we will keep trying.
    Either way, I?m out. S8 has enough of my time, I refuse to give them any more rent free space in my head.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 04-01-18 at 02:52 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by scavaig View Post
    I like this. Sounds logical to me. Make it more difficult for those who finish early and easier for those who don't usually finish - a nice helping hand from S8

Fits my situation - level 50 , 20 or so Ali's, say 100 extra energy a day from all sources, lots of rp's - don't finish every quest - have lower requirements.

However, even though I'm in the lower requirement group and there is no way I'm going to be able to finish this one - lower requirements or not ;-)

Just one question - how can they tell?????? ;-)
    I would think they would judge from the final poll. Handing out xx% of lower requirements, the poll should have a higher % of being able to finish even if not the xx% they gave out.
    I did notice in the last 2/3 events were easier and days to complete the events were more. It seemed there was concern. Well actually.. it's useless to make events impossible as it's not good publicity and players will give up instead of hanging on. What's the use of an impossible game? No fun! And how can developers know what kind of players are on the other end? Testing random groups.
    Certainly this is my opinion and my imagination is wild and maybe far away from the real facts..
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    S8 Board Meeting:

CEO - I need a list of players that collect from buildings before they go to bed.

IT person - Ok. How will I know if they've gone to bed?

CEO - Duh, if their account is inactive for 8 hrs.

IT person - What if the inactivity means they're just at work?

CEO - Hmmm, I see what you mean. Just get me the list. Players who work or sleep need to craft 2 extra beams and blocks for the next quest. Also, let's give them unlimited energy while half of the globe is sleeping and the other half is working. This is gonna be fun! I want you to follow the forum for their reactions, if any, and report to me on Monday.
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Executive Chef
    @ Princess
    All could be possible.. we've made a guessing game within a game and don't think we will ever get an official answer. Our forum thread is invaded by thoughts instead of helpful posts.. different from other events.
    It's holiday, a lazy day.. lots of time so no stress on thinking.. at least for me. I've always finished every event, long time player, have time, have secondary energy and just like you.. don't see why I got low requirements. LOL!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Nightclub Owner
    Some speculation about the materials:
    Items # Mossy Wood Mossy Ore Woodland Nectar Wooden Beam Woodland Block Woodland Fur Woodland Fang Chainmail Woodland Shield Woodland Armor
    Woodland Tower: 2 96 108 24 6 6
    Woodland Cannon: 2 128 144 32 8 8 8
    Mothraki Warrior: 2 384 432 96 24 24 16 8
    Mothraki Knight: 2 960 1 080 250 60 60 16 40 16 20 4
    Total 1 568 1 764 402 98 98 24 56 16 28 4

If we need 2 Knights, this will be a ****er in terms of Nectar. That means you need to successfully harvest 24 nectars a day from your blooms. With the current drop rate of 50% I would estimate 8 harvest a day for 6 blooms should in average be sufficient. A lot! Ore & Wood in it self is a challenge, but for those with the unlimited energy pack will definitively feel the boost.

PS: I had 55 min to finish the warrior boost, cost me my daily ali pack (18 piece), 1 weekly ali, 22 gems (speed-ups). Did not get the second boost just 2 full energy refill. But overall the 15 min happy hours helped me fully fill my wood and ore reserve to 999.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    S8 Board Meeting:

CEO - I need a list of players that collect from buildings before they go to bed.

IT person - Ok. How will I know if they've gone to bed?

CEO - Duh, if their account is inactive for 8 hrs.

IT person - What if the inactivity means they're just at work?

CEO - Hmmm, I see what you mean. Just get me the list. Players who work or sleep need to craft 2 extra beams and blocks for the next quest. Also, let's give them unlimited energy while half of the globe is sleeping and the other half is working. This is gonna be fun! I want you to follow the forum for their reactions, if any, and report to me on Monday.
    LOLOLOLO! love this one!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 100Anne View Post
    I wonder if the different requirements are based on XP. Maybe they are differentiating low level 50 players from high level 50 players like they do with lower level players in other events. Once you reach level 50, XP doesn?t mean a lot anymore but it still accumulates.
    I was lucky enough to have the lower requirements and my XP is 223,945. Did anyone with lower XP than me have the higher requirements?
    Anyone?

Rhino Keeper
    Goal 12:
    Meet at Old Thomas House (Visit ... spawned Mothraki King)
    Fight Off Mothraki King (25hits) Woodland broken Sword (Unlocks in Magic Forge)

Goal 13:
    Repair Woodland Sword 2hours (think reward from fighting Mothraki King...as was in Magic Forge ready to be repaired)
    (Needs: broken Woodland Sword/25 Iron Ore/15 Coal)

Return to Thomas House (visit... spawns Mothraki King)

Fight Off the Mothraki King (Reward:unlocks Mothraki Knight in Woodland Wagon)
    Last edited by kolakid2; 04-01-18 at 04:08 PM.