Page 8 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories Part IV

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeMouth173 View Post
    Plz, dont get me wrong but on the first page of this thread is an egg chart. There r all kind of eggs and their time.
    Yes the egg chart is a good resource. However, some players might not realize that colors like pink split into red and white and maybe confused when they don't find a pink hybrid on the chart that is 12 hours.

Executive Chef
    I did not breed so much but most of my neighbor, including me, got the same problem : we have now more often common eggs than before. And battles are more difficult than before. Some are saying they will stop playing because they have too many fails.

Rhino Keeper
    just wana ask, is combo with diamond hybrids will give a better odds for rares/super rares?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dracoonic View Post
    just wana ask, is combo with diamond hybrids will give a better odds for rares/super rares?
    I don't think you will have better odds, but I almost always try to breed with diamond hybrids when I can because it doesn't really add any new fails (to use quetzal instead of forest for example) and there is always the small chance of another diamond hybrid!

Quote Originally Posted by nyxinchaos View Post
    Last week I just started what I guess could be referred to as my first breeding experiment. The initial goal was to breed the Holiday event's Reindeer dragon. Now after several attempts using Air + Life, Air + Wild, Fairy + Life, Fairy + Wild, Fairy + Firestorm, Fairy + Fire, Forest + Firestorm, Fire + Parakeet, Forest + Scorpion, etc. all with no success, I eventually decided to change my tactic. Instead of just trying a bunch of different combinations that had the correct elements/colors, I was going to breed the same two dragons over and over. After some deliberation, I eventually decided on Landworm (Level 7) and Social (Level 6). My reason for choosing this combination stemmed from the possible eggs to be hatched as a result of the breeding, most of which I didn't have. That way, even if I failed to breed the Reindeer dragon I wanted, it was highly probable I would breed another new dragon that I didn't already have. This was successful in a way. While I didn't get my Reindeer dragon, I did get: Magic (x2), Fairy (x1), Hannukah (x1), Island (x2), Holly (x2), Life (x1), and Mist (x2). Out of these, I only already possessed a Fairy dragon and a Life dragon, so I was happy with the combination. Given my lack of success though at breeding the Reindeer dragon, I decided to change the pair a bit by Evolving my Social Dragon to Level 7 (hoping higher levels would equate to greater chance for rare and super rare dragons). Since I've evolved my Social dragon and be*** breeding it with my Landworm dragon once more (both level 7) I've hatched: Mindvolt (x1). I also have another Island egg in the nest, and judging from the breeding time I'd say the pair currently is breeding a Life dragon. While I'll be selling both the Life and Island eggs, I plan on continuing my experiment in hopes of more rare dragons I have yet to possess. Any thoughts? I'll let you know how it goes as I continue.
    New update to Level 7 Landworm + Level 7 Social
    Have bred: Mindvolt (x2), Island (x2), Life (x1), Eagle (x1), Mist (x2), Fairy (x1)

Executive Chef
    Just when I was about to give up hope I have finally bred an infinity with diamond and quetzal after about 4 hours of trying. ( I did stop for dinner) yay.

Fashion Designer
    Is it possible to get a Black Swan or a Night Elf by breeding a Diamond and a Mask?
    {removed third party tool reference]
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-09-14 at 03:03 PM. Reason: removed third party reference

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    Just when I was about to give up hope I have finally bred an infinity with diamond and quetzal after about 4 hours of trying. ( I did stop for dinner) yay.
    Omgomg! Congrats! Why good things only come after u decide to give up? Guess its the mystery of life. 4 hrs? U have a lot of patience!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeMouth173 View Post
    Omgomg! Congrats! Why good things only come after u decide to give up? Guess its the mystery of life. 4 hrs? U have a lot of patience!
    Thanks. I was losing the will to live, but I was determined to get it. I did have a few short breaks though. I am so happy. My fourth diamond.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    Thanks. I was losing the will to live, but I was determined to get it. I did have a few short breaks though. I am so happy. My fourth diamond.
    At least u knew for sure u can get it. I almost gave up because the idea of removed Quetzal. Im glad i didnt and im glad i shared the combo. Im so happy for u, bel!