Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Patrick's Day Event starts March 3, 2016

Rhino Keeper
    Omg. Where is the gold?????? D: Why is it that when I need gold, I get everything but gold. I've used almost 40 (actually maybe more) shovels and picks and I still don't have enough gold to finish making the buckles! Honestly, two of the gold I ended up using were received from the lucky coin draws. I still need 5 morw gold to finish this queat strain and I'm now completely out of things to mine with. Ugh.

Executive Chef
    Don't forget to pet your pony after you get it! (Tap the "pet" button in the goal.) It gives you a lucky coin! I had somehow missed it until now.

Farm Supplier
    I need gold nuggets but the game won't give me any while mining.
    Stormie doesn't sell gold and on the market they don't sell it.

I see that we will need a lot of gold so I quit with the goal. I will never be able to make it in time.

Same with the dog wedding where I got 1 or 2 gold request per shipping which costed me the dogs and a lot of time because I had to wait for new shippings or how they are called.

And the same problems with the train. They ask a lot but the rewards are []

Thinking of deleting this game.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 03-09-16 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Inappropriate word

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkinPark92 View Post

I see that we will need a lot of gold so I quit with the goal. I will never be able to make it in time.

Same with the dog wedding where I got 1 or 2 gold request per shipping which costed me the dogs and a lot of time because I had to wait for new shippings or how they are called.

A suggestion for future events.
    I never give ores to plane or train deliveries I hoard them for events.
    I refresh all plane orders and as for trains I fill up to the two gem mark if the trains wants gold, iron or silver
    I also delete jewellery orders and wait thirty minutes for a new order.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 03-09-16 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Edit quote

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi111 View Post
    Is it more likely to get multiple special coins if we fish during 'hot spot' times? OR will the probability of getting 7-10 coins be the same if we just use the golden lure ANY time?
    Not sure I don't pay attention to hot spots and always usually fish the bottom left corner of pond.
    I got seven gold coins using the golden lure.
    I have two bait stores and have dough hook being produced nonstop.
    I have got one coin only with dough bait.
    Making a lot of sushi with fish and anchovy pizzas.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    A suggestion for future events.
    I never give ores to plane or train deliveries I hoard them for events.
    I refresh all plane orders and as for trains I fill up to the two gem mark if the trains wants gold, iron or silver
    I also delete jewellery orders and wait thirty minutes for a new order.
    Judy, this is good advice. I do this, plus keep a large stock of bait and mining tools for events or double mining/fishing times . I fish in my 3 hot spots a day but then hang on to the rest of the baits. I almost never mine/fish unless needed for events.

Fashion Designer
    Is it more likely to get multiple special coins if we fish during 'hot spot' times? OR will the probability of getting 7-10 coins be the same if we just use the golden lure ANY time?
    Early in the event, I got 7 coins in a non hot spot, using a golden lure. My neighbor used hers in a hot spot and got 8. This is true for fish, too. You might get 4 salmon or tuna in a non-hot spot, but 5 in a hot spot with the special lure.

I don't know what the probability is of getting coins in either place, so can't advise if you'd have more chance in one spot or the other. Good luck!!

Rhino Keeper
    I've had no luck finding coins from fishing. I had 2 golden lures (I won one and bought the other from Stormie), tried one in a hot spot in one in a rgular spot, no luck from either. I've also tried dough bait and the anchovy bait, both in and out of hot spots and no luck. I have heard of people getting a coin from non hot spots though. Good luck

Rhino Keeper
    Bricks? I haven't gotten bricks from mining for months, and I've gotten two in less than 24 hours when I need ore. There's still plenty of time to finish, and I don't really care whether or not I do, but the programmers constantly amaze me.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkinPark92 View Post

You should try out the advise from Judy, they are good advise. Likewise, I dont give my deliveries nor trains these ores so I can conserve them for events. I also stock up about 10 of these ores plus mining tools during non event days cos no one will sell them during an event that needs it. I buy whenever I see from the market. I mine some before the event so it takes off the stress of not finding what I need in the mine.

Before you decide to quit the game, I would suggest that you sit out an event or two to stock up your barn, coins, etc. Once your barn is well stocked, then join the event when you are ready or up to it. It is stressful and frustrating to do an event with limited resources especially when time is the essence. You can also read this thread (Is your farm ready for an event?) and see if it helps you. Post your difficulties there so fellow members can also give you advise for future events. Lastly, read Post #110 in current thread on good advise by generalmadness on event play.

Events are optional. If you enjoy this game for the game itself, play on and do the events only when you feel up to it. Hope this helps. All the best.