Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by 300562 View Post
    Just deleted a nbr who repeatedly gifts non-goal parts when every player is scrambling for goal parts. She herself posts on walls for goal parts and sends requests for goal parts. Why would she sabotage her nbrs by gifting non-goal parts in the midst of a goal? Yes, i can decline the gift but, really, why??
    I deleted 7 people for gifting food during the event. The players were all over level 75 and know better. I don’t keep neighbors who don’t gift goal parts.
    Currently Playing Bakery Story, I'm always adding friends!

Quote Originally Posted by jo_fitz View Post
    I deleted 7 people for gifting food during the event. The players were all over level 75 and know better. I don?t keep neighbors who don?t gift goal parts.
    That frustrates me as well. The other thing that frustrates me is when you have finished collecting goal parts and you write on your wall and your neighbors wall that you are back to collecting basic parts until next goal and they still send you goal parts. Yes I know I can decline the gifts, but why should I gift to them and get nothing in return.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris232526 View Post
    That frustrates me as well. The other thing that frustrates me is when you have finished collecting goal parts and you write on your wall and your neighbors wall that you are back to collecting basic parts until next goal and they still send you goal parts. Yes I know I can decline the gifts, but why should I gift to them and get nothing in return.
    See, I'm on the other side of the spectrum - I get frustrated when my neighbors request a specific item from me.

To add context to that, I explicitly state on my wall that I only mass gift parts daily. My neighbors get goal parts during a goal and basic parts the other days. With over 150 neighbors, there is just no way to feasibly gift everyone individually and not spend hours doing only that. My frustration isn't because a player wants a specific part - that's perfectly understandable - it's because they added me fully knowing my gifting policy and yet they still ask for specific items.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by 300562 View Post
    Just deleted a nbr who repeatedly gifts non-goal parts when every player is scrambling for goal parts. She herself posts on walls for goal parts and sends requests for goal parts. Why would she sabotage her nbrs by gifting non-goal parts in the midst of a goal? Yes, i can decline the gift but, really, why??
    Just want you to know that you aren't alone. I had the same happened to me and I could not understand why. In my case, I lost a gift for that game day cos of the timing of his gift and my decline.

There are many different types of players out there, it's easier to find ones who share the same playstyle as you.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris232526 View Post
    You know it's not easy to keep track of individual requests of hundreds of neighbours or who has or has not finished their goals when you have lots of neighbours. Unless you playing Bakery full time and taking notes of individual requests, that's pretty impossible. I could related to what AnnirasSweets said cos I have hundreds of neighbours. Tipping back everyone used to be 3 hours per day for me, just pure tipping back, not counting taking notes of requests or gifting or baking etc.

I'll share a recent incident that happened to me. Someone invited me as a neighbour and I read his wall and thought we had the same playstyle - gifting goal parts during goal and basic/other parts for non goal days. Then I realised that he deleted me, without letting me know, and I found out that he had finished his goals and wanted basic parts although the goals are still in progress and I had been sending him goal parts without fail every day. What he didn't state previously on his wall was he did not want goal parts as soon as he finished the goal and not when the goals are over according to the timer. I mean who keeps track of every other players' progress? Anyways just sharing different players have different views and playstyles best suited to individual lifestyles and real life matters.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    See, I'm on the other side of the spectrum - I get frustrated when my neighbors request a specific item from me.

To add context to that, I explicitly state on my wall that I only mass gift parts daily. My neighbors get goal parts during a goal and basic parts the other days. With over 150 neighbors, there is just no way to feasibly gift everyone individually and not spend hours doing only that. My frustration isn't because a player wants a specific part - that's perfectly understandable - it's because they added me fully knowing my gifting policy and yet they still ask for specific items.

Executive Chef
    To be honest as a newer player, the gifting aspect of this game is the reason I can't take this game too seriously. So much negativity regarding gifting. I for one can't spend hours keeping track of where my neighbors are in their goals. I shall remain a casual player. If I get deleted that's ok.
    Also specific parts are a nightmare to search for.

Note: As a newer player I don't hold the sentimental value for the game as others who have been in it for a long time and have invested so much of their creative energy into it.
    I seen other bakeries that are amazing!
    Last edited by riverly; 06-04-19 at 08:52 AM.

Executive Chef
    Question for my fellow mass-gifters: when do you switch from 1st appliance parts to 2nd appliance parts? I mean, some players might have 3 ovens built after 2 days and want 2nd oven parts on day 3, but I still get so many requests for 1st oven parts after that. (Either to build more than 3 or because they're slow--no judgment, I'm pretty slow myself.) Is day 4 the magic number? Should I wait to send 2nd oven parts until day 5 and just let the fast builders eliminate me?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Question for my fellow mass-gifters: when do you switch from 1st appliance parts to 2nd appliance parts? I mean, some players might have 3 ovens built after 2 days and want 2nd oven parts on day 3, but I still get so many requests for 1st oven parts after that. (Either to build more than 3 or because they're slow--no judgment, I'm pretty slow myself.) Is day 4 the magic number? Should I wait to send 2nd oven parts until day 5 and just let the fast builders eliminate me?
    I usually start sending 2nd appliances parts when I myself is done with the 1st appliances. I'd also post on my wall that I'm going to send 2nd oven appliances on next reset. Usually my neighbors will start on 2nd appliances on 3rd day of goal and most often than not, my neighbors (and I) would build more 2nd appliances than just 3 so they didn't complain receiving parts in advance

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. I've stated over and over again that I do mass gift on reset, heck, I have an alarm on my phone so I won't miss the reset. It took me 9-10 minutes to tick all neighbors and send gifts and most of them are gonna be full in a matter of minutes (typical lv99 players with many active neighbors) so it frustrated me to no end when people ask me to gift individually. I'm bad at remembering and sometimes their preferred gift is located far back in the gift list... I always accept every material request ASAP, still some neighbors think that's not enough.
    Also, who kept track on gift request THAT religiously? At least not me, unless I plan to reduce my neighbors to below 50. I don't think that's wise to remove 250 neighbors just to be able to remember preferred gifts.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post

I don't have a lot of time to devote to gifting which is the entire purpose behind mass gifting, right? So, as a general rule of thumb, I base my daily gifts on my requests.

The first three days, I naturally gift the parts for the first appliance. It normally takes me 2 days (3 days when I'm super busy with life stuff) to build all three appliances needed so I figure the same timeline applies to my neighbors since they're mostly long time level 99 players as well.

Starting on Day 4 of an event, I want to start gifting for the second appliance but worry I may be rushing things. So I look at my first batch of requests after the daily reset and tally them up. Whichever part is requested most by my neighbors is the one I gift for that day.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 06-10-19 at 05:51 AM.