Page 119 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1242

Thread: Castle Story: 7/21 | An Orchestrated Occasion | timed event | EXPIRED

Rhino Keeper
    Okay, so it's Monday, has there been any post from S8 Staff members as to making a decision in helping out those who lost valuable time in accomplishing the Chapters, due to the connection crash? Just curious.

Farm Supplier
    I gave up around level 8 - glad i did. I just could not gather enough enthusiasm for this event. It is the first one i have ever missed - but will probably not be the last.

The final straw for me was the need to collect from 4 market places which have a 22h recharge time - for a day timed goal. As it happens i have 5 market places in storage and could easily have managed this. However, it indicated to me that the designers had in mind:
    - That everyone has massive resources, to make lots of market places, or
    - that everyone has forewarning of the quest and can therefore prepare (not everyone visits the forums you know!), or
    - failing this the only way to complete the goal is to spend lots of gems. My cynical side tells me that this what was designed in.

I have plenty of gems - over a 1000 now and i used to even buy them. At this point i will not spend any of what i have, nor ever buy any more on such events as this.

Everything has gone in to storage and i will try to summon enthusiasm to replenish my stocks of stuff ... or maybe not ...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnisWa View Post
    Okay, so it's Monday, has there been any post from S8 Staff members as to making a decision in helping out those who lost valuable time in accomplishing the Chapters, due to the connection crash? Just curious.
    Hello!

I'm currently discussing this with the team. I can't make any promises, but I'm investigating the breadth of the problem at least.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by pcfroglad View Post
    I gave up around level 8 - glad i did. I just could not gather enough enthusiasm for this event. It is the first one i lhave ever missed - but will probably not be the last.

The final straw for me was the need to collect from 4 market places which have a 22h recharge time - for a day timed goal. As it happens i have 5 market places in storage and could easily have managed this. However, it indicated to me that the designers had in mind:
    - That everyone has massive resources, to make lots of market places, or
    - that everyone has forewarning of the quest and can therefore prepare (not everyone visits the forums you know!), or
    - failing this the only way to complete the goal is to spend lots of gems. My cynical side tells me that this what was designed in.
    I have plenty of gems - over a 1000 now and i used to even buy them. At this point i will not spend any of what i have, nor ever buy any more on such events as thisEverything has gone in to storage and i will try to summon enthusiasm to replenish my stocks of stuff ... or maybe not ...
    -- I so agree. My cynical side is very upset lately for another reason AS WELL. LOL just seems to pile on higher and higher.
    Time after time we find ourselves during and after these events giving great thanks to those who so unselfishly spend real money to gem ahead. They find mistakes in math, instructions and we are warned and prepared for what is to come.
    Makes no sense to me. People who don't visit the forums don't stand a chance. The ones who do come here, well that's a whole new ball of wax.
    It's not my money they spend gemming along, but they help me so, YA, I'm pretty mad about a lot of this stuff now. There is no reason for this. And no reason for anyone to come along and tell us we should keep our mouths shut.
    Last edited by prancinland; 08-01-16 at 08:58 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    Hello!

I'm currently discussing this with the team. I can't make any promises, but I'm investigating the breadth of the problem at least.
    Thank you Sourp4tch, much appreciated!

I also gVe up in this event. I usually finish events whether I like the grand prize or not. Time to get back to original story line. That is if anyone can recall what that is. This I novel idea. How about using purple hide or other random drops that we have in our inventory. Been playing since almost beginning. I want to keep my enthusiasm about the game I Time and money in. Hey Team let this become enjoyable again

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    Hello!

Hey SP. I am new to all this but could you tell me if it is right that I should be still receiving both ink and parchment when my side event finished early and the main occasion finished about 36 hours ago?
    As I documented at https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1327318

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyFencer View Post
    I'm glad I didn't give up a few days ago. The boosts from S8 made the difference. I started day 10 this morning when I couldn't sleep and had it done in about 15 minutes. The satyr is not that thrilling, but I'm glad to have finished the quest. I quit the last two as the prizes were not worth the effort. I was about to on this one as well.

Perhaps some of our members could help the programmers with the math and timeframe so they aren't scrambling to make corrections like they did here. It would save frustrations all the way around.
    How did you get enough ink? I can't get enough ink, but have plenty of everything else. Old Thomas' house gives me 1 every 2 hours and the music stand gives me 1 every 2 hours, but it takes 3 to make 1 sheet music.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Hi all, here is the definitive list of drops for these 2 new items:

Fully upgraded Festival Grounds has a chance to drop 1 of: White Petals, Orange Petals, Purple Petals, Blue Petals, Red Petals, Magic Fruit, Living Wood.
    Aanpa the Satyr will drop: Strawberries (x3), Sugar (x1), Magic Fruit (x1 or x2)

Executive Chef
    Dear S8, please stop with these quests that require checking every half hour for days on end, it honestly gets tiresome even for players that can manage it.