Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Update 01/16/2014 Pet Skunkupine

Rhino Keeper
    Hey folks, I was out with strep throat last week so unfortunately wasn't able to keep up with the forums.

Reading through, I see that there's a lot of concern about Skunkupine spawn rates.

Just want to clarify that we did not change the Skunkupine spawn rate at all for this questline, and in fact haven't changed it in over a year. If you're still struggling, Skunkupines drop off Corn, Wheat, Tomatoes, Sugar Cane, some flowers, and Aspen Trees, all at the same rate.

Lovecupines have a slightly higher (1%) chance to drop than Skunkupines off last year's Valentine items.

Best of luck everyone
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    Lovecupines have a slightly higher (1%) chance to drop than Skunkupines off last year's Valentine items.
    So, that means that Skunkupines only have a <1% chance of dropping? Or that the Lovecupine percentage is 1 greater than that of a Skunkupine?

Separate issue, it would be great if the 1st post in this thread were edited to include an updated list of drops, right now at the top is says 'Coins, XP, Fur', then lower down, we have 'sugar cane, corn, rat tails, etc'.

So far, no rat tails or fur, but I've gotten corn, tomatoes, and wheat. I would have imagined that the percentage drop for rat tails and fur would be higher than the other items. I mean, seriously, how does this animal drop crops exactly? I would think it would be dropping tails and fur like mad, trying to rid itself of its mutant coloring.

Nightclub Owner
    jimboser I read it as +1% higher than skunkupine not that skunkupine has <1% drop rate. I've also update the first post
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboser View Post
    So, that means that Skunkupines only have a <1% chance of dropping? Or that the Lovecupine percentage is 1 greater than that of a Skunkupine?

Separate issue, it would be great if the 1st post in this thread were edited to include an updated list of drops, right now at the top is says 'Coins, XP, Fur', then lower down, we have 'sugar cane, corn, rat tails, etc'.

So far, no rat tails or fur, but I've gotten corn, tomatoes, and wheat. I would have imagined that the percentage drop for rat tails and fur would be higher than the other items. I mean, seriously, how does this animal drop crops exactly? I would think it would be dropping tails and fur like mad, trying to rid itself of its mutant coloring.

To clarify, if you rolled 100 times, on average you'd end up with 1 more lovecupine than skunkupine.
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarAvenue View Post
    I am not too sure abt that. It's still a random drop, like I hv only collect ONE syrup from the two maple trees I bought so far! Must be over a month.
    Jeez! I've gotten about 40. I have 3 trees. I usually get at least one per day. Seriously. Your game must be broken.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    jimboser I read it as +1% higher than skunkupine not that skunkupine has <1% drop rate. I've also update the first post
    I could read it both ways, always nice to clarify.

Thanks for updating post 1.

Executive Chef
    Really. I have one tree and it only dropped syrup on the day it became possible to do so, none since.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    If you have updated the 1st post why does it still say a 4 hour cool down when those of us who have got him all have a 60 min cool down (and in my case still no rat tail drops)

Farm Supplier
    Can someone advise if the Valentines version is being rerun for those of us who started later in the year.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm soooo excited to get a pet Skunkupine!!!
    Duchess of Zoe's Castle in the Hidden Hills of the Thuakie Nation
    ⚔⚔⚔ Crystallized sword #26 ⚔⚔⚔
    Honored member of The Thuakie Sword Society.