Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2: Winter Holiday Suggestion Thread 2016

Grand Emperor

Farm Story 2: Winter Holiday Suggestion Thread 2016

Hey guys, I wanted to start a thread to give you guys a chance to post your suggestions for Winter Holiday items!!

Halloween is almost here, but the winter holidays are fast approaching too. What type of winter items would you like to see added to the game?

Decorations? Festive crops or crafts? Pets?

This thread is for items, not for new game features or current feature changes.

(Here is the Winter Holiday Suggestion Thread 2015 thread if you want to look up your last year's suggestions.)

Executive Chef
    Since there was an Autumn pond (and I think I have a Spring Pond from before), perhaps a frozen Winter Pond could be added, with ice-skating ducks (or maybe penguins) on it.

Perhaps a Polar Bear Cub with an Igloo habitat for a pet prize?

EDIT: oops, didn't realize the Husky Puppy ends up in an igloo habitat. Okay, maybe an ice floe habitat instead of an igloo?
    Last edited by PookieBear50; 10-10-16 at 06:57 PM.

I hope there will be a Winter Show Pony for sale (just like the Autumn Show Pony). It would also be nice to have more Reindeer pets that can be added to the existing Reindeer habitats (Reindeer Post and/or Stable) and the ability to buy more habitats.

Some more snow-covered trees (that can be stored in our cellars after the event) and some snow-covered buildings, skins, and decor items (houses/cottages, bird house and/or bird bath and a new set of skins for the farmhouse, kitchen, bakery, dairies, windmills, barn and silo, and studios with a different color scheme than last winter) would be great.

Also, how about some decor items with blinking holiday lights (similar to the haunted bushes for Halloween, and some wintery/snow-covered blossom trees with lights)?

Some winter sports-themed items might be fun (such as an animated ski lift and/or hill, and some skis, sleds, ice skates or snowboards). Then maybe the farm animals could have winter sports-themed outfits/skins.

Finally, it would be nice to have some potted poinsettias, winter-themed fencing (that coordinates with the new winter skins), and some new coordinating paths and light posts.
    Last edited by PANIOLA; 10-10-16 at 06:35 PM.

Farm Supplier
    The reindeer habitat is a gingerbread house why not add a gingerbread girl and boys that are animated and drop items like cookies. i also like the idea from the above post about blinking lights like around a house or on a fence.

a animated table with elves making toys would be cute.

Host(ess)
    Blinking HOLIDAY LIGHTS!!!!!!!! Yes that would be awesome. Also love the polar bear idea.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for this thread Rynetory. Love it 
    I do hope more items will be put up to buy with our fs2 money.

Hereby some of my ideas:
    Pets:
    - Siberian Winter Tiger
    - Whet Owl

Habitat:
    - Iceberg

Decorations:
    - Snow globe (with for instance an angel in it) and animated snow inside.
    - Different colored Xmas balls (or animated, changing its colors).
    - A sign with red and green letters passing by saying Happy Holidays or something.
    - 2 Xmas bells together with a bow.
    - Animated Xmas carousel.
    - A waving Santa.

Skins:
    - For animals something with stars and/or snowflakes or different kinds of Xmas hats.
    - For buildings something like different heights of ... (dunno how it's called in English) with each a different thing hanging on the bottom of it like a Xmas sock or ball, snowman, Santa (see picture sample in the spoiler).

Craft Items:
    - Hot chocolate milk with cream.
    - Christmas cupcakes.

Flowers:
    - Poinsettia
    - Snowdrop

Spoiler: show

Last edited by FunkyJM; 10-13-16 at 03:23 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Great ideas! I would love the chance to get the reindeer I see on other farms. I must have started my farm too late for that pet.

The whet owl and a penguin pet would be wonderful.

Figgy pudding could be made with raisins. Holiday ham? Holiday cookies.

How about a new farm animal? Turkeys or ducks? Collect feathers and make down items: jackets, blankets and pillows.

I second the animated carousel idea. A holiday bird feeder, please. I missed the hummingbird one but would love one like it.

A new toy in the toy shop for the holidays... A toy elephant with polka dots would be nostalgic for many. A toy reindeer or a toy elf, perhaps.

Grand Emperor
    Wow I simply love all your wonderful ideas! I knew I could count on you guys to come up with such Brilliant suggestions!!! I added some to my own wish list.

Pets:
    - Polar bear cub, winter rabbit
    - Winter show pony (with another stable please, I ran out of room)

Prize:
    - Rabbit which drops a ruby every few days

Backdrop:
    - Snowflakes falling on farm, train station and warehouse in festive looks

Decorations:
    - Pine trees from Christmas 2013 (see spoiler)
    - Big snow globe with farm animals in it (2x2), animated with snowflakes (haha FunkyJM, looks like we both are loving this)
    - Lots of festive tiles, fences, lamps, bushes, trees (on sale for coins)
    - Include building skins for higher level buildings as well (we have plenty for lower level buildings)

Farm animals:
    - Ducks

Crafts:
    - Toy elephant with polka dots (Thanks caron7, I couldnt resist!!)

Spoiler: show

Christmas Holiday lights for the farm house, barn, and other buildings. Candy cane for the bed and breakfast to make like the one for Halloween.

Also limited time holiday baked goods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast