Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Castle Update: Queens Gate 9/11/14

Fashion Designer
    Love the new items and wall limit being removed but unfortunately for me unless I store some stuff I have no room for them. Would've loved some new expansions to go with the wall limit being removed.

Executive Chef
    For those of you that have the love shack we can make some walls

Fashion Designer
    I really like this update!

No, there is no quest, but sometimes it is good to see TL institute a change that people have been begging for, and to stop and smell the Hydrangeas!

I had started a few walls when I began playing but when I hit the wall limit, I figured why bother. I loved the peony fence, but again, ran into the wall before I was done building what I had envisioned, so I bought what I could at the time, hoping for a new Level increase that might allow us to increase walls.

Being a multimillionaire for the only time in my life, I enjoyed dismantling much of my kingdom yesterday, surrounding it with the peony fence, then replacing much of that with the hydrangea fence. I don't need the fences. I need more room. But I sure enjoyed going on a mad spending spree, and finally getting around to Spring cleaning in September, which is very close to how I do things in real life, minus the money to go on a spending spree.

I know that many will disagree with me because that is a CS given, but I found this update refreshing and delightful. I got to throw my money around and to store stuff that I have been needing to het out of my way. Except for a slight relocation folks I kept the doggies and the maze, so my neighbors who like those features will recognize part of my kingdom, but it seems that I move my cattle herd about once a year, good for the grass ya know, and it was about roundup time.

So thanks TL, for the update. Sorry that some of you will get nothing of value from it. For once in recent months I did get some value in it, if nothing more than watching the disappointment from those who saw nothing pop up in their quest books. This is what it is like much of the time when you both reach Level 50 and catch up with everything, and they don't necessarily happen at the same time. it depends more upon playing style than Level. But this is a taste of what many of the updates are like for those of us who are at the furthest reaches of the game.

Of course for me, having all of those coins and nothing fun to spend them on for such a long time, this was an awesome update! And consider the possibilities! With no wall limits, we could have walls of bones for Halloween! And walls of hearts for Valentine's Day, usually a festive CS holiday! This gives TL a chance to please those of us who are overloaded with coins, while giving those who are still using their money for things they need in the game right now, something to look forward to in the future!

So if this seems like a lame update now to some folks, it probably is, just as some of the updates you enjoy greatly are lame to me and some others who are far past having a need for the rewards. It depends on where you are in the game, your playing style, and priorities, and what you want or need or don't want or need, when any of us evaluate the usefulness of an update.

To me this is the most amusing and useful update I have seen in months. To others it makes no sense at all. Even for me, I did a double take, because I am not a wall person, I am a walkway person. But the hydrangeas caught my eye and I always loved the peony fence, and I like freaking my husband out by telling him I spent over a million dollars yesterday for fencing!

Since there is no need to wait for a rare drop this week, there is little chance, although anything is possible, but there is little chance that this update will be extended because people are waiting for a wall to drop. It is likely we will get a new quest next week that will thrill the players who are puzzled by this one.

It is good practice for those who are rushing to reach Level 50. You don't get anything special for reaching the highest Level. You simply stop moving upward and your neighbors stop leaving balloons on your wall and announcing that you just leveled up

I for one am grateful to you TL for releasing this update that while we got nothing in our Quest Books and no chance to win a few gems, you gave us a much requested item from the polls and in the Suggestions. This proves to me, someone who was losing hope, that TL is not only listening to us, but on occasion giving us what we ask for!

True, not everyone asked to drop the wall limit. I am not sure if I did, or I simple accepted the limit as unchangeable and moved on. But I sure enjoyed putting up my Under Construction signs yesterday, and spending like a madwoman! And before someone says it, I will admit I am easily amused!

Thanks for the enjoyable update TL!

Fashion Designer
    I think this was a very nice update with fresh walls and a bonus starter pack to boost! Although I agree the Queen's walls should have been more unique from the original ones. I bought a few just in case a later quest required it! I liked the new floral walls the best... now I only wish I was at level 30 so I could have a nice sunflower arch etc!! (I'm at 27.5)

Rhino Keeper
    I like the update and the wall limit removed.... BUT...

When you are at level 50 and needed 6 conservatories to get sister sister done... What we need is SPACE. I hate to have everything all bunched up and now I am supposed to put more walls? I have no more room. I know I know, some of you are going to say... JUST PUT SOME STUFF IN STORAGE!! Well, I don't play this game and build stuff to STORE THEM. I want to show them off ;-)

I just don't understand what is the problem with giving us MORE DARN SPACE. I mean it's just SPACE. So, we can have nice kingdom and show off our pretty edges, walls and stuff we worked hard to build! Just my opinion...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ginourmous View Post
    I like the update and the wall limit removed.... BUT...

When you are at level 50 and needed 6 conservatories to get sister sister done... What we need is SPACE. I hate to have everything all bunched up and now I am supposed to put more walls? I have no more room. I know I know, some of you are going to say... JUST PUT SOME STUFF IN STORAGE!! Well, I don't play this game and build stuff to STORE THEM. I want to show them off ;-)

I just don't understand what is the problem with giving us MORE DARN SPACE. I mean it's just SPACE. So, we can have nice kingdom and show off our pretty edges, walls and stuff we worked hard to build! Just my opinion...
    The "problem" is that there are at least two different types of players, those who build pretty kingdoms and those who build umpteen of the highest revenue buildings or whatever the goal demands at the moment. I remember visiting kingdoms with 13 or 14 windmills. Just my personal opinion, but I think they limit space instead of limiting ALL buildings and not just the unique and crafting buildings.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CottageRose View Post
    The "problem" is that there are at least two different types of players, those who build pretty kingdoms and those who build umpteen of the highest revenue buildings or whatever the goal demands at the moment.
    Well, if we had MORE SPACE then we could make all the players happy. The ones that want a pretty kingdom with all the stuff they need in there can do it... and the MEGA BUILDERS would have enough room so that when I have to click on their hearts... I can click on them. Many times I get frustrated when i try to click on hearts and can't reach them.

Also, when you reach level 50+++ you get bored quickly with nothing to do once you are done with challenges. So, walls and decorations becomes a fun way to pass time...

To me giving me more walls, walls galore and no room to put them is pure torture ;-)

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone know the regular prices of the hedges or arches? I can't remember and I don't know how much of a difference it is.

Executive Chef
    I love that the wall cap has been lifted and I love that there was a sale on all the walls and arches. I bought myself a whole heap of flowery goodness. I don't have room right now to put newly acquired walls and arches out, I still have thirteen plots to expand to, **** those expansion permits >.< but I look forward to the day when I can decorate as I please and pull all these beautiful items out of storage. I love this update, it was unexpected and much appreciated, so thanks.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Rhino Keeper
    You know what would be great! One of those lantern, trade ticket bundles for sale....!
    I had that sale pop up for me a couple of months ago...I wish I had bought more

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast