Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 8/18 - Spellbound | upgrade buildings to L6 | Goals/notes in post 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Haha...I am one of the 'lucky' ones that has a drop rate of 2 in the first 24 hours. So that means that if I play religiously for 40 days, I can do ONE upgrade!! That's 9 upgrades a year....so in 3 or 4 years I might have all the upgrades done. It makes Sister, Sister look like a fast track goal!

Oh, wait....I was a little optimistic. I had to use 7 days worth of Alicorns to get those 2 dew leafs. So revised calculation is one per day; one every 80 days; 4 per annum......7 or 8 years should do it!

Oh, wait again....S8, please note that my calculations above are based on me not requiring any energy for anything else. So could you please hold off all new storylines and events for about 8 years while I continue to collect from flowers. Thank you.
    Congrats!!!!!! You are indeed a lucky one with drop numbers as good as yours! I so hope it keeps up for you!!! But...I apologize in advance here for bursting your bubble of bliss. Your kiwi calculator must be missing some numbers or something. Your conservative time estimate is way too low! Your time frame would be realistic (assuming continued lucky drops like you are getting) based on needing only 80 Dews per building upgrade. This is not the case. Buildings such as taverns and sawmills need 120 each, which will add on 50% more time for those. So theoretically, with proper diet and exercise, most of us on here can live to see our buildings reach level 6, with one exception. That of course, is the level 6 amphitheater, which at a 200 Dew upgrade requirement, is sadly something none of us will ever see. Sure, there will be an occasional crackpot on here (like Queenzod), that will claim to have seen one in a neighbor's neighbor's neighbor's kingdom, and whatnot, but L6 amphitheaters will always be the stuff of legends, our Loch Ness Monster.....
    Last edited by oliverrr11; 08-19-16 at 07:19 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverrr11 View Post
    Congrats!!!!!! You are indeed a lucky one with drop numbers as good as yours! I so hope it keeps up for you!!! But...I apologize in advance here for bursting your bubble of bliss. Your kiwi calculator must be missing some numbers or something. Your conservative time estimate is way too low! Your time frame would be realistic (assuming continued lucky drops like you are getting) based on needing only 80 Dews per building upgrade. This is not the case. Buildings such as taverns and sawmills need 120 each, which will add on 50% more time for those. So theoretically, with proper diet and exercise, most of us on here can live to see our buildings reach level 6, with one exception. That of course, is the level 6 amphitheater, which at a 200 Dew upgrade requirement, is sadly something none of us will ever see. Sure, there will be an occasional crackpot on here (like Queenzod), that will claim to have seen one in a neighbor's neighbor's neighbor's kingdom, and whatnot, but L6 amphitheaters will always be the stuff of legends, our Lochness monster.....
    My calculator is indeed cracked, and my bubble of bliss is now burst. I am re-writing my last will and testament to include instructions for the next generation so that they can ensure that amphitheater gets the upgrade it so rightly deserves. After all.....it produces so many useful materials to support my growing kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley224 View Post
    I have three level 6 buildings, a farmhouse, a cottage and a sparkling mine. I see no obvious difference in appearance, someone with greater scrutiny may disagree. I will post pictures. The farmhouse and cottage have the same collection time, just a few more coins. As I mentioned earlier the sparkling mine collects 6 minutes earlier. Not sure 6 minutes is worth 5 golden nuggets?! Once I manage to make some spell bound beams and blocks, I will hoard them until the game demands that we collect from a specific level 6 building and then use them to upgrade that specific building. I expect it will be months from now as my second collection fron Ivy gave zero spellbound dew.
    My thinking too about waiting to use the spellbound beams and blocks. I have the flower which gives 2 or 4 dews but also having some luck with red petals which I am using up making floral glow ( no luck with purple petals), 50/50 with Ivys hut

Quote Originally Posted by StoryPlayer67 View Post
    Another thing why don't we have something to build to upgrade because I really don't see where they're going with us to upgrade a building to a level 6 and .....what is the point of doing that I'm not sure what's going to happen to that building so I'm spending all my energy looking for a leaf to Upgrade a building I already have to a level six when I can't get the materials to do so and I don't even know what's going to happen to that building afterwards ....this does not make any sense what so ever.....and what buildings should we choose out of all of them do we upgrade ?/ there is no material To get to do so but a A leaf !!!!!! 20 I may add .....to make one block or beam. And in two days I have 1 on one device, 3 on one an 5 on one with 2 Alcorns 1 horse with 40 energy /week and seven little Alcorns energy per daily and two buildings that give out 10 additional energy on top of what I already have and the 20 I can make in my green house. This is .... Too much. May sit this one out looks the turn out bad. First time to.
    I updated a farmhouse to level 6, which didn't require spellbound beams or blocks. I will make spellbound materials when I get enough dews but I won't update a building unless required in a future challenge. I will have the materials needed for whichever level 6 building they require a collection from. I think most need two of each.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverrr11 View Post
    Sure, there will be an occasional crackpot on here (like Queenzod)...
    Hey! I resemble that remark!

First person to upgrade their amphitheater to level 6 gets a golden kumquat from the sacred trees of Thuan. The way these drops are coming will give them plenty of time to ripen.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Hey! I resemble that remark!

First person to upgrade their amphitheater to level 6 gets a golden kumquat from the sacred trees of Thuan. The way these drops are coming will give them plenty of time to ripen.
    I'll be sure to have my grandchildren contact your grandchildren to take possession of aforementioned kumquat when they get there!

Executive Chef
    I have a theory. I propose that if you collect from the same few flowers, the odds will be better in regards to getting a dew drop. I tested it with the same 5 flowers and I got a dew drop after the fifth collection. Could have been coincidence.

Rhino Keeper
    I am guessing that some new goals in the future years will depend on us having Level 6 buildings - which we probably won't have because of the low drop rates - hence will have to spend gems
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I have a theory. I propose that if you collect from the same few flowers, the odds will be better in regards to getting a dew drop. I tested it with the same 5 flowers and I got a dew drop after the fifth collection. Could have been coincidence.
    Your theory will now undergo the peer review stage to see if it warrants publication

Edit: added a to indicate that this is not a rude remark - more of a notification of reaching the next level of the scientific process
    Last edited by oliverrr11; 08-19-16 at 11:24 PM.

Executive Chef
    I was using white trillium. Like I said it could have been a coincidence. Trying to save face if it doesn't pan out.
    Last edited by riverly; 08-19-16 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Offensive remark?? I took out a remar. that I posted thinking it would be considered offensive by moderators. It was another way of saying "save face".