Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

Farm Supplier
    Dang me too..tried to check out Bakery Town but ios only

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GramGram2 View Post
    I feel the same way and I'm disgusted by their greediness. They pick and choose who gets Gems Sales, who gets the videos to earn Gems (my daughter has well over 150 free gems) while I have never even been given a sale. I've lost some great neighbors because of this and I may be next. Shame on you Storm8!
    Free gems from game downloads? Every player has those pop up from time to time. Especially on android. Otherwise, the new watch video for gems things haven't been there long enough for that many gems. You only get maybe 3 per day.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    Some iOS users get to watch videos for gems. The vast majority don't. Also most don't get anywhere near 100 gems. Some of my nbrs are getting 3. I'd still be happy with that though. I'd also be happy on android getting 6 gems per week for downloading games.

I play on Android and for the last few months that whole 6 gems for downloading new versions hasn't been happening for me. The only way I know that the game updates is by 1) my neighbors requesting new parts 2) checking the forum or 3) checking the version from the Amazon app store (b/c it updates automatically) b/c I haven't gotten a download incentive for MONTHS and on one of my android devices I still have Tokyo Sweets installed so THAT'S how long I've been waiting lol. I suspect the gems for downloading new versions is being phased out, at least for BS and RS, but that's just my suspicion. It used to be that a new version came out and we'd a notification/offer to download the latest version for 6 gems. If you go to Play Store and look at the reviews for the last 4-5 updates, you'll notice a huge jump in the amount of people saying they weren't aware there was a new version available b/c they never got a notification of any kind. Same in RS.
    I play Fashion Story, Bakery Story and Restaurant Story.

My ID's are Sugakane_01 and Sugakane_02

For Sugakane_01 my restaurant, boutique and bakery are called The Suga Shack (levels 99, 96 and 99). For Sugakane_02 my restaurant, boutique and bakery are called Couture Cuisine, Pret-a-Porter and Suga Shack 2(levels 99, 96 and 99).

I prefer PARTS as gifts and gift parts in return. I respond to all requests for materials. I tip as my schedule permits NOT A DAILY TIPPER.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    Free gems from game downloads? Every player has those pop up from time to time. Especially on android. Otherwise, the new watch video for gems things haven't been there long enough for that many gems. You only get maybe 3 per day.
    No, a neighbour of mine got 100 gems per day for at least the first 2 days. I never asked her if she did the 3rd day or after lol. Others have mentioned it on here about it as well.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Executive Chef
    No, a neighbour of mine got 100 gems per day for at least the first 2 days. I never asked her if she did the 3rd day or after lol. Others have mentioned it on here about it as well.
    I got the watch videos for gems deal, and it was one (1) gem per video, and the first couple of days it gave me 3 videos, then went down to two videos per day. So maybe 10 in total so far.
    I'm not going to finish this goal. I don't like any of the recipes or prizes enough to spend money on them. I did buy the Bavarian ovens, because I liked them. I was playing when the Jazz goals required purchasing one musician for gems, and remember being unhappy about it, but it seems like we got something in return? Anyway, it seems like they throw these gem goals in occasionally... Maybe it's to cull some of the players who never buy gems? I don't think its a good direction for them to move in. It's obviously not going to be changed this time, so I'll hang around and see what comes next. If this pattern continues, there are always other games.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Farm Supplier
    Some iOS users get to watch videos for gems. The vast majority don't. Also most don't get anywhere near 100 gems. Some of my nbrs are getting 3. I'd still be happy with that though. I'd also be happy on android getting 6 gems per week for downloading games.
    No Android players get 6 gems per week this way. We get those incentives weeks now after an update is released, and sometimes, not at all. As other players have told you, we are sometimes NEVER NOTIFIED OF NEW VERSIONS. That means no gems for downloading them.

Host(ess)
    I'm having a break from R.S and B.S for personal reasons and therefore not doing the goals, if I had been I too would have been very disappointed about paying gems to finish the goal.

However, there is the thing called Freedom of Choice, you either do the goal or you don't but it would have been nice for players to have had advance notice about spending gems to finish the goal instead of finding out halfway through.

I would think that storm8/teamlava would have been obliged by law to inform players in advance about any monetary transactions required to complete goals for the freedom of choice to be put into practise? especially as new players may think that they have no choice but to buy gems.

I also note that it does not say in the help and faq found in settings that some goals will require gems and in the Terms of Service it does not say that storm8/TeamLava reserves the right to modify monetary transactions that applies to the games at will.

To those who have tried to put this issue into perspective, fair play to you but I think you have forgotten that storm8/Teamlava have numerous online games and other games under different developer names.

Millions play these games, the majority buy gems regulary from the gem sales, they also work hard by line cooking recipes to earn gems so it is understandable that players are upset when suddenly halfway through a goal they are confronted with paying gems to complete a goal.

To those who are saying they are going to quit, do it on principle as your quitting will not affect storm8/TeamLava whatsoever because new players join every day from around the world.

To the person who has said that storm8s support service is very poor, I have to say that I have found the support storm8 agents very helpful and supportive every time, you have to remember that the storm8 support service receive a high amount of emails every day.

To storm8, after my above compliment, could us android users please have a block button? we have waited for a very long time for one and I am sure it would greatly reduce the volume of emails that storm8 support receive every day

Also may I suggest that if there are to be more goals that will require gems, to have a 50% off gems sale that will last for the duration of the goals? maybe everybody will be happy then....or not

Executive Chef
    I wouldn't pay to do a goal even if they had a 99 percent off sale. If they want to charge for goals then they should change their game description to free to download but costs to play.

Rhino Keeper
    I came here to find out if these goals requiring gems was a joke. It's insulting to those of us who aren't American. As it is, I'm deleting all the American stuff I had to buy for coins but I'm not wasting gems on American stuff

And reading the forums I'm finding out people were gifted ovens and there's videos you can watch to earn gems? Whaaaa?

Silk Pies

Does anyone know how to cook the silk pies? It's part of the next oven goal but I can't find a new oven! I spent so many gems and now I can't find where to cook the pies!