Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Savannah Expedition Event - 2020 July 8

Executive Chef
    Now that this event is over, I cannot wait to see what the next one will be about/of! (Hoping they offer an exotic pet or includes one, though!) like a flytrap or seahorse.

Executive Chef
    Got my Kudu, considered trying for the faux "Pride Rock" but with just over 2 days to try to get enough Camera Gear, that wasn't going to happen. At least I got the Kudu, so I'm happy.

Pros
    It was doable. I know I say this every time, but this is an important reality. Way back in time, when we had a bunch of other types of events (World Event, County Fair, etc.), some of the events were extremely difficult to complete unless you either 1) spent a lot of money on gems, or 2) were at so high a level that you could meet the demands of the event. This event (like so many others) was extremely time-consuming and at times quite frustrating, but in the end I could finish it by putting in a lot of time and effort into it. Probably won't be able to do as well next time (when I will likely be back at work), but this time at least it could be done.
    Players could help each other. Some events we can, some events we can't...this one, we could. This makes a huge difference in how enjoyable the event experience can be. Being able to ask for assistance here, being able to search the Newspaper and our neighbors' Side Shops...it makes the event difficult, but not frustrating or impossible.
    No Leaderboard. Others will likely disagree with me, but I am glad there was not an accompanying Leaderboard event at the same time. This event was difficult enough without the added necessity to acquire Leaderboard points. Instead, I could focus on acquiring what I needed by crafting many more items for plane deliveries than I could do during a Leaderboard event (when I would lose the usage of 5 different machines).

Cons
    The Pigs and the Mine...again. Moving on.
    The names of things. I'm not sure I understand this logic: Light, Medium, Heavy...and then just Expedition Bag. Light: 3 boots, 1 hat. Medium: 6 boots, 2 hats, 2 cameras. Heavy: 8 boots, 3 hats, 3 cameras. And then just Expedition Bag: 12 boots, 6 hats, 5 cameras. Just off-hand, I'd say the "just Expedition Bag" sounds heavier than the Heavy Expedition Bag. I know this is nit-picking, and I doubt anyone else cares about the logic, but seriously...if the last two names (Heavy Expedition Bag and the just Expedition Bag) had been flipped, it would have made more sense. At any rate, it's a mind-set thing...it will bother some (like me) and not bother others at all.
    Drop rates. I guess the drop rates were manageable...but apparently very inconsistent. I was able to get more of what I needed from the Newspaper and Side Shops than I could from my own crafting/collecting/selling activities, which makes me wonder if others were getting better drop rates than I was, or if they have other methods by which to collect so many event items that they could sell so many. I will acknowledge that, in many cases, I was buying from players at lower levels, which to me suggests they were able to do more deliveries than I could (because their orders were limited to what their levels allowed). Which makes sense, I guess. Still, though...judging by my own deliveries, I was receiving 1 Animal Guide per every 5-6 deliveries. That might not sound so bad, except that to accomplish those 5-6 deliveries, I was often discarding 7-16 orders before receiving one I could either send immediately or craft within a reasonable amount of time. The Pigs, of course, were being stingy with the Camera Gear, and there were times when my drop rate was 0/12 over 2-3 collections. I'm just glad I found some in the Newspaper.
    The Kudu. It was more noticeable than the Fireflies in the previous event, and larger than the Kitsune in the event before that, but somehow or other the Kudu, when it popped up on my farm, was sometimes overlapping with some of the buildings. Maybe it's because of the size of the animal (maybe not), but just thought I should mention this.

Final Thoughts
    Okay, so I'm not as critical as I usually am...that's probably because I'm in a positive mood from being able to successfully complete an event again. I am glad I did not need to divide my focus between two separate events.

Overall rating: 4 out of 5. Mostly because of the Pigs. And the Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Got my Kudu, considered trying for the faux "Pride Rock" but with just over 2 days to try to get enough Camera Gear, that wasn't going to happen. At least I got the Kudu, so I'm happy.

Pros
    It was doable. I know I say this every time, but this is an important reality. Way back in time, when we had a bunch of other types of events (World Event, County Fair, etc.), some of the events were extremely difficult to complete unless you either 1) spent a lot of money on gems, or 2) were at so high a level that you could meet the demands of the event. This event (like so many others) was extremely time-consuming and at times quite frustrating, but in the end I could finish it by putting in a lot of time and effort into it. Probably won't be able to do as well next time (when I will likely be back at work), but this time at least it could be done.
    Players could help each other. Some events we can, some events we can't...this one, we could. This makes a huge difference in how enjoyable the event experience can be. Being able to ask for assistance here, being able to search the Newspaper and our neighbors' Side Shops...it makes the event difficult, but not frustrating or impossible.
    No Leaderboard. Others will likely disagree with me, but I am glad there was not an accompanying Leaderboard event at the same time. This event was difficult enough without the added necessity to acquire Leaderboard points. Instead, I could focus on acquiring what I needed by crafting many more items for plane deliveries than I could do during a Leaderboard event (when I would lose the usage of 5 different machines).

Cons
    The Pigs and the Mine...again. Moving on.
    The names of things. I'm not sure I understand this logic: Light, Medium, Heavy...and then just Expedition Bag. Light: 3 boots, 1 hat. Medium: 6 boots, 2 hats, 2 cameras. Heavy: 8 boots, 3 hats, 3 cameras. And then just Expedition Bag: 12 boots, 6 hats, 5 cameras. Just off-hand, I'd say the "just Expedition Bag" sounds heavier than the Heavy Expedition Bag. I know this is nit-picking, and I doubt anyone else cares about the logic, but seriously...if the last two names (Heavy Expedition Bag and the just Expedition Bag) had been flipped, it would have made more sense. At any rate, it's a mind-set thing...it will bother some (like me) and not bother others at all.
    Drop rates. I guess the drop rates were manageable...but apparently very inconsistent. I was able to get more of what I needed from the Newspaper and Side Shops than I could from my own crafting/collecting/selling activities, which makes me wonder if others were getting better drop rates than I was, or if they have other methods by which to collect so many event items that they could sell so many. I will acknowledge that, in many cases, I was buying from players at lower levels, which to me suggests they were able to do more deliveries than I could (because their orders were limited to what their levels allowed). Which makes sense, I guess. Still, though...judging by my own deliveries, I was receiving 1 Animal Guide per every 5-6 deliveries. That might not sound so bad, except that to accomplish those 5-6 deliveries, I was often discarding 7-16 orders before receiving one I could either send immediately or craft within a reasonable amount of time. The Pigs, of course, were being stingy with the Camera Gear, and there were times when my drop rate was 0/12 over 2-3 collections. I'm just glad I found some in the Newspaper.
    The Kudu. It was more noticeable than the Fireflies in the previous event, and larger than the Kitsune in the event before that, but somehow or other the Kudu, when it popped up on my farm, was sometimes overlapping with some of the buildings. Maybe it's because of the size of the animal (maybe not), but just thought I should mention this.

Final Thoughts
    Okay, so I'm not as critical as I usually am...that's probably because I'm in a positive mood from being able to successfully complete an event again. I am glad I did not need to divide my focus between two separate events.

Overall rating: 4 out of 5. Mostly because of the Pigs. And the Mine.
    This is a good analysis. Personally, I also liked that we had the rock prize to work for if we finished the event early. The time between events isn’t too exciting, especially if you finish early so this was a much welcome change. Additionally, people who weren’t able to finish all 5 trucks were at least able to get this decoration prize.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678