Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Boosted breed?

FigmentValley is on point. Increased chances may not necessarily be obvious or even realized with a small sample of breedings. I can't possibly do 30 breeds in a matter of a few days like Anyuszko has reported. So those of us who are not willing or able to spend gold to rush our dens and nests will fall into the category of "small sample." I myself was one of the lucky ones who saw Common results from Boosted Breed during this special event.
    But I won't complain too much because Vampire came out of my NON-boosted den this weekend (Metal-Night), and Darksteel was produced with boost last night. No such joy since. The Lotus-Night boosted breed is making Water. Yah.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    FigmentValley is on point. Increased chances may not necessarily be obvious or even realized with a small sample of breedings. I can't possibly do 30 breeds in a matter of a few days like Anyuszko has reported. So those of us who are not willing or able to spend gold to rush our dens and nests will fall into the category of "small sample." I myself was one of the lucky ones who saw Common results from Boosted Breed during this special event.
    But I won't complain too much because Vampire came out of my NON-boosted den this weekend (Metal-Night), and Darksteel was produced with boost last night. No such joy since. The Lotus-Night boosted breed is making Water. Yah.
    You sure? Could as well be Mistmoth?

Boosted Breed - am I being punked?

I gave up on Dragon Story ages ago, but downloaded it at Christmas time to get gems for something else, I can't remember what!

Anyways. I need a moon dragon, and so I've been breeding and breeding and breeding. About twice a week I'll get brave and do the boosted breed - and EVERY single time I end up with a coral dragon. Is the boosted breed just a joke? Does it really increase your chances?

I'm starting to remember why I gave this up in the first place!

Executive Chef
    Personally ~ I don't think it makes a difference. Will be interesting to see what others say!

Farm Supplier
    I have used it 3 times. I got two corals and 1 fairy.
    I think it only worked in the special weekend with free boosted breeding. After that I didnt get anything and I Will never use it again.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JenKate77 View Post
    I gave up on Dragon Story ages ago, but downloaded it at Christmas time to get gems for something else, I can't remember what!

Anyways. I need a moon dragon, and so I've been breeding and breeding and breeding. About twice a week I'll get brave and do the boosted breed - and EVERY single time I end up with a coral dragon. Is the boosted breed just a joke? Does it really increase your chances?

I'm starting to remember why I gave this up in the first place!
    Stop using it ! i used it 4 times trying for Santa and i got 2 sunrise, 1 firestorm and 1 eagle. i also used it few days ago when i was trying for cerberus and i got another firestorm. Boosted breeding was AWESOME during the free boosted breeding weekend and before that ( when it cost 500k coins ). I remember that i payed 500k and i got cornucopia..it also helped me getting Raven. Now it doesnt work anymore...i will NOT use this feature anymore because i don't like spending gold and getting a mist or a firestorm.

Rhino Keeper
    A long long time ago when boosted breed was 500k i used it quite often. Then i realise my results are no different from normal breeding. Then came the weekend special ie 3x chance for rares and supers, i got 5 new dragons within a few days! It was so awesome and amazing!

But then the weekend special went away and now boosted breed cost12gold. I experimented again using about 200gold to see how well it does. I got lots of commons and those easy rares (eg trickster, wizards etc). I could not notice any significant difference than normal breeding.

Anybody got a different result?
    Last edited by elwood99; 01-16-14 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Typo

Nightclub Owner
    I used boosted breed before when it only costs money, but didn't notice any difference at all, as I would keep on getting commons or dragons I already got before. As a matter of fact, all of my Diamond type dragons were bred using the normal breeding that only costs 200 coins.

Now I know some people managed to get rare dragons with boosted breed, that may be due to the randomness in breeding, as there are many people, like me, who got nothing good out of using boosted breed.

And now boosted breed costs 12 gold, so my suggestion to everyone is that, keep trying with normal breed, don't waste your gold on something that does not necessarily give rare dragons to everyone.
    Last edited by Kennedward; 01-16-14 at 08:41 AM.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post
    Personally ~ I don't think it makes a difference. Will be interesting to see what others say!
    I've used it maybe 15 or so times. It hasn't given me a special dragon once, so I stopped. Last time, it gave me an Air.

Fashion Designer
    It helped me a lot, but not worth 12 gold a pop.
    If they change it back to costing coins rather than gold, I will use it all the time though.