Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/2: Beast Master Challenge S18 | Sirens!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by gilachaya View Post
    I am thinking about buying the siren statue. How many shell tokens does it drop?
    Timer is 2 hours...I think I remember someone saying it droped 5? ( not 100% sure about how many)

Seems like in new unlimited energy value package there is siren statue included.

Rhino Keeper
    First, S8, thank you for (1) bringing back MH so soon, (2) not including Leader Board, (3) bringing back multi-spawn on Blue Dire Board, (4) creating a cool dilemma about which goal(s) to pursue, and (5) making one of the goals - the siren, somewhat easy. What a great, great event. Thank you listening to our feedback.

Now, speaking of the above dilemma, I wanted to ask y?all for your thoughts on what to do after getting the siren. Here?s the thing, I really, really want the RDU (Royal Dark Unicorn) but I also know that 500 shell tokens are not happening. The firefly is decent but not compelling enough. So my question is, should I abandon the pursuit of the troll tokens, put all my eggs in the shell token basket and try to collect as many shell tokens as I can in the hope that in a future event I?ll be able to get the RDU? Or, should I abandon the shell token ship (weak pun intended) and just go for troll tokens since we don?t know when we?ll get a chance next for RDU nor what the associated circumstances be?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    First, S8, thank you for (1) bringing back MH so soon, (2) not including Leader Board, (3) bringing back multi-spawn on Blue Dire Board, (4) creating a cool dilemma about which goal(s) to pursue, and (5) making one of the goals - the siren, somewhat easy. What a great, great event. Thank you listening to our feedback.

Now, speaking of the above dilemma, I wanted to ask y?all for your thoughts on what to do after getting the siren. Here?s the thing, I really, really want the RDU (Royal Dark Unicorn) but I also know that 500 shell tokens are not happening. The firefly is decent but not compelling enough. So my question is, should I abandon the pursuit of the troll tokens, put all my eggs in the shell token basket and try to collect as many shell tokens as I can in the hope that in a future event I?ll be able to get the RDU? Or, should I abandon the shell token ship (weak pun intended) and just go for troll tokens since we don?t know when we?ll get a chance next for RDU nor what the associated circumstances be?
    If you are not needing fur, bones etc- most of other monsters don't drop anything AS special. So if you are not after Royal Dark Unicorn of Firefly - I would suggest going for troll gold tokens instead. Check on same thread page 3 - looks like most monsters drop pretty common stuff: Fur, bones, earth wisps - nothing you probably need desperately.

No one knows about future opportunities to get any of those monsters - sorry. But it is likely it will be just as hard in the future.

Fashion Designer
    I think the best thing to do if you want the Royal Dark Unicorn is work on the Hidden Forest story line, where you need to chop a whole lot of willow trees. I hadn't planned on the RDU because 500 coins seemed impossible, but after multiple stints of chopping 30 willows at a time I am actually getting close. If however you want troll tokens, use this MH to collect white trillium so you can spawn forest wisps and gather forest essence.

I am actually doing both, though I keep maxing on troll tokens and crafting dragons, since they are the only marginally useful animals for me. I have finished the entire mermaid quest so I don't need the Armored Siren, and manticores are so creepy that the two I have for occasional whiskers are hidden behind Katz's house so I don't have to look at them. All the other animals in the MRC I already have. I don't need the cooking camp since I never use my kitchens, and my cabbages are at over 300 with only one hut.
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah. I?ve finished the whole Mermaids quest and the Hidden Forest quest is under control. I am maxed out on all resources. The question is whether it?s worth getting to, say, 300 shell tokens in the hope that sometime in the future I can begin there and get to 500 for an RDU? Or, since we don?t know when/what a future RDU event will be like, bag it and try to get another Armored Direwolf this time around.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    Yeah. I?ve finished the whole Mermaids quest and the Hidden Forest quest is under control. I am maxed out on all resources. The question is whether it?s worth getting to, say, 300 shell tokens in the hope that sometime in the future I can begin there and get to 500 for an RDU? Or, since we don?t know when/what a future RDU event will be like, bag it and try to get another Armored Direwolf this time around.
    Don't risk it! I don't recall them EVER re-using same tokens for past. What if it is available in the future - but for some other token instead - and your 300 would be usless? - VERY stupid risk.
    Go for gold tokens.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Timer is 2 hours...I think I remember someone saying it droped 5? ( not 100% sure about how many)

Seems like in new unlimited energy value package there is siren statue included.

Thank you!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Don't risk it! I don't recall them EVER re-using same tokens for past. What if it is available in the future - but for some other token instead - and your 300 would be usless? - VERY stupid risk.
    Go for gold tokens.
    Makes sense. Yeah. Not worth the risk. Besides an ADW is not bad - 20+ energy every 5 days. And I already have 4 unicorns and a Beastbane for tokens.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    has anyone figured out what summoning trader Joul to your kingdom does?
    town square you can buy for crowns....

idk why most of the monsters dont give any tokens but the shell tokens....it seems a waste of so much energy chopping trees then fighting beasts for 1 or 2 tokens per beast.....i dont see how anyone can get any of the animals that cost 300 or over unless they have a whole lot of energy stored up which is so not cool. they should all drop regular tokens like the purple horse or unicorn which is the only non regular beast that drops tokens as you slay them....wish they would change this.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jackylina29 View Post
    town square you can buy for crowns....

idk why most of the monsters dont give any tokens but the shell tokens....it seems a waste of so much energy chopping trees then fighting beasts for 1 or 2 tokens per beast.....i dont see how anyone can get any of the animals that cost 300 or over unless they have a whole lot of energy stored up which is so not cool. they should all drop regular tokens like the purple horse or unicorn which is the only non regular beast that drops tokens as you slay them....wish they would change this.
    Also sad that past monsters don't drop MH tokens- swords, shields - so far only Royal Dark Unicorn does. Some hunts ago when there were also beasts from the past - at least half of those monsters DID trop MH tokens too.