Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 02/13/2014 Update Greselda's Beautiful Dark Garden

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberly0822 View Post
    Have collected from the FR 5x and have gotten nothing but a yellow flower petal and coins each time. Fully upgraded FR here so not sure if you have the facts correct. Have also planted and collected from every plant available except cabbage hand nothing... Just putting in my 2 cents
    Considering desert wolf is a community manager and storm 8 staffer, I would consider his advice reasonably correct. I posted previously about my fb seed collection from the fully upgraded respite. 3 in about a month, with the 3rd dropping yesterday after the new quest started. Very slow indeed. My respite normally gives me petals that I don't need. I would consider the fb seeds very random drops. However, you don't actually need them.

I think the problem is that when everyone got the new update, they bought the greenhouse straight away. The only option in the greenhouse at that time was the one with the fb seeds. So everyone went searching and looking for something with an old blurb, now defunct, if you have moved on, and what you were looking for you don't really need.

Now that my greenhouse if fully opened (to the extent for this bit), this recipe is now showing at the bottom. All other recipes do not need the fb seeds, they need the pile of seeds to move on.

Cleaver of TL. 2 things, very similar names, old blurbs for items. Me thinks, they think, spend gems for energy, to get something that you don't need, until you realise too late.

Lucky for me, I didn't fall into that trap. Cheers

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna48 View Post
    Opal308, you don't need the faeriebulb seeds to make things in the Greenhouse to use to upgrade the Maze.

You need the pile of seeds plus glimmer shards and glimmer fragments to "Create Dark Seeds". Then you use those those dark seeds (they are dark purple) to "Grow Dark Seeds". That will grow a random dark plant. Those are the Dark Plants you need to upgrade Greselda's Maze.

The Faeriebulb seeds will grow random things you can already get. I got Glimmerbulb and Living Wood.

Hope this helps.
    I think the problem isn't that Opal (or me) is confused about the different seeds. The problem is that the garden is asking for us to upgrade to level 2 and requires crafting in the greenhouse. However those items are locked by goal. I think some of us are assuming its because we are unable to get the seed purses to craft "grow faerie bulb seeds" and therefore can't unlock the other items in the green house.

So the question is: how do we unlock those items to upgrade the garden?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by CLOVERKAITO View Post
    Still no prism after 3 days...
    You're lucky -5 days no prism Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Executive Chef
    I have now harvested 68 glimmer bulbs - and got zero seeds....

????????????

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    I think the problem isn't that Opal (or me) is confused about the different seeds. The problem is that the garden is asking for us to upgrade to level 2 and requires crafting in the greenhouse. However those items are locked by goal. I think some of us are assuming its because we are unable to get the seed purses to craft "grow faerie bulb seeds" and therefore can't unlock the other items in the green house.

This was EXACTLY my confusion, but I followed Outhouse's advice, and made sense of it. If you follow the quest line as per the book of Kingdom Goals, the items you need will unlock in the greenhouse as you need them. after my first visit to Griselda it has already partly opened up so I can make dark seeds.

Fashion Designer

On the first page of this long narrative post two is a list of the steps to make, to do this quest #4 where then baron visits Grieslda twice is where the goals unlock in the greenhouse. Read the whole list to find out where you are and what you need to do.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentValley View Post
    I have now harvested 68 glimmer bulbs - and got zero seeds....

????????????
    Stop now! It appears glimmer bulbs are not dropping seeds. Save your energy and use it for something else you need. Follow the Kingdom Goals in the book.

Farm Supplier
    Just a quick question - with all the updates over the passed few months - including major expansions to the main story, IS ANYONE GOING TO UPDATE THE SPREADSHEET. I still find this super handy, but the last update seems to be last Sept before all these weekly updates started.

READ BELOW:

Greenhouse:
    First time you visit Greselda's Castle, it unlocks "Create Dark Seeds".
    Second time you visit Greselda's Castle, it unlocks "Grow Dark Seeds".

You need the pile of seeds, glimmer shards, & glimmer fragments to craft the "Create Dark Seeds" in the Greenhouse.
    When the "Grow Dark Seeds" is unlocked after visiting Greselda's Castle twice, you need those dark seeds, water & fertilizer to craft the glimmer plants required to upgrade the Maze Garden to level 2.

2nd post on the first page of this thread is very helpful for checking your progress. You can refer to it repeatedly to check that progress.

To upgrade the maze to level 2:

The faerie bulb seeds are used to craft useless items you can get easier by other means. So no need to worry about harvesting them at all!
    Last edited by meme1098; 02-14-14 at 07:35 PM.

Executive Chef
    Thanks everyone. That's exactly what I needed. The last time I looked at the first page none of this information had been added. Thank you to the mods who update!