Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/3: Monster Hunt Season 21 | information about the event on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by psychgam85 View Post
    Hey so I have enough gold coins to get one of the buildings - just wondering if the mythic research center or the wizards portal is more worth it as I won?t have enough coins for both. Does anyone have both and can you weigh in on which is better?
    MRC- hands down - you can make so many crafts there, some are really awesome, and new item is available EVERY monster hunt.

Wizard Portal - TOO expensive. For your 85 gold tokens you get lev 1 Wizard portal - 4 energy. Fully upgrading costs another 90 gold tokens! And it is STILL weeker than Wizard School. TImer is 5 hours ( doesn't reduce with upgrades, and gives 8 energy at max level.)

Farm Supplier
    Quick tip. Check your inventory for monster traps from old events. I just found a kelpie trap and a maxotaur trap that I didn’t know I had. Both spawned monsters and I got event coins

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by madameleota13 View Post
    Quick tip. Check your inventory for monster traps from old events. I just found a kelpie trap and a maxotaur trap that I didn’t know I had. Both spawned monsters and I got event coins
    THANK YOU!

Looks like those monster traps work, which spawn from trees.

Kitstunecorn trap worked- since those DO currently spawn. But Siren trap didn't work, since Siren's are not back - and so they won't appear.

Farm Supplier
    I apologize for this stupid question, math is hard LOL. I’ve read several threads on banking energy, and just saw janddolphins very thorough explanation a few pages back. What I’m wondering is this. I’m able to check my game very frequently, at least every two hours (when I’m awake). I have 7 weekly Ali’s and around 14 daily’s, plus two wizard schools and one wizard portal. Is it still in my best interest to bank all my energy, or just continue to use up what I can get in a day? I hope that makes sense.

I use up my 40 cap pretty much every time I get it. Have I been doing this all wrong?

Rhino Keeper
    Maple trees also spawn monsters.

Executive Chef
    I apologize for this stupid question, math is hard LOL. I’ve read several threads on banking energy, and just saw janddolphins very thorough explanation a few pages back. What I’m wondering is this. I’m able to check my game very frequently, at least every two hours (when I’m awake). I have 7 weekly Ali’s and around 14 daily’s, plus two wizard schools and one wizard portal. Is it still in my best interest to bank all my energy, or just continue to use up what I can get in a day? I hope that makes sense.

I use up my 40 cap pretty much every time I get it. Have I been doing this all wrong?
    It depends on what your Castle Story priorities are right now.

When not participating in an event, I'm using my energy to collect from high coin and trade ticket items as I have plenty of expansion areas to open. I currently only have hidden forest and the academy story goals left. At some point soon, I will probably hoard energy some weeks and work on the storyline periodically.

Executive Chef

Depends on your gaming style. If you want to take part in all events etc- it is almost impossible to store energy. Hoarding requires you to stop most of the activity in your kingdom, except collecting from energy droppers. If you love to play in your Kingdom and collect, expand etc- hoarding is probably not for you.

If you don't want to play much in your kingdom, and won't mind missing out events- you can hoard tons of energy - until there is event you will want to do - hoarded energy then gives you huge advantage.
    Hoarding is mostly for those high level players who have already fulfilled most of the story line ( or have zero interest completing the rest). For those who decide in the beginning of the event that they can't/ don't want to complete this- and skip entire events.

Personally I am level 50 player, but I still want to expand, collect coins, do all events- so I almost NEVER store energy. I collect daily. I have around 51 Weekly sources and about 70 daily sources, 2 wizard schools and 1 max lev Wizard portal. But I still DO NOT store. Sometimes if I do finish event about 1 week early I may collect from only my few selected items- trade ticket droppers, expansion permit droppers, highest coin supplies, but store the rest for event.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Depends on your gaming style. If you want to take part in all events etc- it is almost impossible to store energy. Hoarding requires you to stop most of the activity in your kingdom, except collecting from energy droppers. If you love to play in your Kingdom and collect, expand etc- hoarding is probably not for you.

If you don't want to play much in your kingdom, and won't mind missing out events- you can hoard tons of energy - until there is event you will want to do - hoarded energy then gives you huge advantage.
    Hoarding is mostly for those high level players who have already fulfilled most of the story line ( or have zero interest completing the rest). For those who decide in the beginning of the event that they can't/ don't want to complete this- and skip entire events.

Personally I am level 50 player, but I still want to expand, collect coins, do all events- so I almost NEVER store energy. I collect daily. I have around 51 Weekly sources and about 70 daily sources, 2 wizard schools and 1 max lev Wizard portal. But I still DO NOT store. Sometimes if I do finish event about 1 week early I may collect from only my few selected items- trade ticket droppers, expansion permit droppers, highest coin supplies, but store the rest for event.
    THANK YOU! Ok, it finally makes sense. I appreciate the thorough explanation. I play like you, and I?m not a super high level 50, so I think I?ll continue to play like you do as I?m still trying to expand and participate in almost every event. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Do you not store energy because you're using it all up? Or do you leave your energy droppers uncollected until you need them, to not miss out on the 40 energy you get for free every few hours (the 1 energy per 3 minutes when you're under 40). I have done that for a long time, I used my weekly ali's as 'power bank' in case i would need a lot of anergy in an event.

But that is a misconception. I came to realize that if you leave your energy droppers uncollected, you are in fact wasting energy. Say you leave a weekly alicorn uncollected for a week, then you have missed out on 40 energy. So I now collect from every energy dropper I have (72 weekly ali's, 62 daily droppers, 2x wizard school and one Lv5 wizard portal, 4x armored direwolf) as soon as it's ready and within months I had thousands of energy banked. Comes in very handy in an event like this...

Executive Chef
    I have not gotten the Tricks of the Trade goal yet today, nor the daily monster hunt goals. Anyone else having this problem?
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx