Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Goal - 23 Nov 17

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    So sorry for your lost VanaCatu
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Farm Supplier
    I agree with everyone's comments on the timing of this goal. I miss the goals being released in time to actually use the prizes! In RS, it is at least better than BS. Just got a fall leaves goal there. Talk about S8's timing being bad!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by eeveldoll View Post
    I missed the first pic of the goal..I thought it was just a reminder for the Black Friday sales lol (hopefully someone caught the first pop up and share it here!)

Attachment 40157
    Attachment 40158
    Attachment 40159
    Attachment 40160
    Attachment 40162

Ok can someone tell me how to post more pictures, because I can only attach 5. /throws hands up in the air

Until someone could teach me how to add more pics to THIS post, please refer to Post #14 for Part 2.
    When I had all the pics, I copied them from other posts. I'd hit the quote thing, like when you reply and then I'd copy the whole mess to the first post. But after I copied it in, I'd erase the

[QUOTE ] thing from the beginning.

At the end, I'd erase the [/QUOTE ] thing.

That left just the pics. I don't know how others do it. I couldn't ever figure out how to post a pic.

Executive Chef
    I really like this one. Glad to get the appliance and 6 recipes. This format is a great way to bring back old appliances!

Idk if it happened to anyone else but while I was working on the first part of these goals with the pork belly, cheesecake, and wings I actually made a turkey meatloaf too just because, when I got to the second part where you have to make the corn beef hash two turkey meatloaf and two turkey leftovers it actually counted the turkey meatloaf I had already made BEFORE that part of the goal had even popped up. First time that’s ever happened to me.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Fashion Designer

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aviary-image-1511536136845.jpg 
Views:	1046 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	40200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aviary-image-1511536189977.jpg 
Views:	1072 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	40201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collage 2017-11-24 21_14_43.jpg 
Views:	1074 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	40202  
    ғαвυℓσυs

Fashion Designer

Name:	aviary-image-1511557302953.jpg 
Views:	1076 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	40203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aviary-image-1511557328602.jpg 
Views:	1051 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	40204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aviary-image-1511557353285.jpg 
Views:	1034 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	40205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collage 2017-11-25 03_08_08.jpg 
Views:	1103 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	40206  
    ғαвυℓσυs

Rhino Keeper
    I honestly don't mind any of it...but one suggestion. Thanksgiving was yesterday and it's over. Why not have done this prior so we could have used this final prize in our layout. But again I am happy to have new oven, recipes, gems, and the final prize. People complain when no goals, then complain too often. I finish all goals within about 5 days including sidegoals. It isn't hard to do. I just pop in whenever I see the recipe is done with notification and immediately start next. It makes it go super fast.

Fashion Designer

Name:	aviary-image-1511573454764.jpg 
Views:	1034 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	40209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aviary-image-1511573480136.jpg 
Views:	1045 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	40210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171125_073802.jpg 
Views:	1056 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	40211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171125_074248.jpg 
Views:	1025 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	40212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171125_073751.jpg 
Views:	1040 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	40213  

ғαвυℓσυs

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I'm going to rant here, but honestly... these goals are JUST. SO. UNNECESSARY.

Was there really any incentive to release them at this specific time??? The November 9 goals just ended. There's a Black Friday sale (presumably) coming up tomorrow. The dust has barely settled (and wasn't going to settle) in this game before this other goal popped up. And Thanksgiving has already happened; the theme of these goals makes no sense for the timing of their release.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for those players who wanted this appliance back (and new recipes, whoo~), but can we seriously just get a break from these back-to-back goals?? There doesn't NEED to be constant activity in this game to make it enjoyable - in fact, the overloading of goals is causing it to be the opposite, and I've started skipping many goals for this reason.

I logged into my game tonight to collect tips and relax by playing around with my resto design. These goals are the last thing I want to do, and even though I recognize there are players who do not celebrate Thanksgiving, for those people who are celebrating, it's really crummy to find that these were released on a night when people are gathering with their friends and family. The "necessity" to complete goals should not supersede wanting to spend time with loved ones, or just wanting to have a break in general.

I think this is a tipping point for me specifically because, really, NOTHING would have been affected if this goal had not been released. As a potential timeline:

Nov 9 - Harvest Goals started
    Nov 23 - Harvest Goals ended
    Nov 24 - Black Friday sale starts
    Nov 27 - Black Friday sale ends*

*this is operating under the assumption sales would last through the weekend - considering we've seen weekend sales and Cyber Monday extensions in previous years, it's not too bold to assume so.

So, that leaves Nov 28, 29, and 30 left in the month. In my opinion, this would have been a great, and much-appreciated, little refresher before potential goals on December 1.

Really, I think this update would have benefited MUCH BETTER by being more like a "Surprise! Happy Thanksgiving; here's a little gift from us to you for the holiday!" kind of update - just the appliance released to the public (with or without the three additional recipes), with no ill-timed associated goal line. It's too much, and though I don't have high hopes for the rest of the year, I really do hope the timing of the goals (and BETWEEN goals) will be much, much better in 2018
    Kudos, praise, applause, and a resounding "I agree" to pixie and VanaCatu!
    For the first time in over 5 years of playing, I am skipping some goals. It was hard at first, as we're so conditioned to blindly "doing the goal, getting the prize". But once I got past that, it feels really good! Time to visit neighbours, fill requests, redecorate, and realise that I didn't really need those 6 gems anyway...because I didn't have time to use them!
    Obviously, Storm8's strategy is to pressure us to buy gems, and we can't blame them. That's how they make money.
    Perhaps the clever thing for us to do is revamp our own strategy. Pick and choose your goals wisely. Instead of starting a goal immediately, wait a day or so and evaluate. What's involved? How much will it cost? How long will it take you to get needed parts? Do you really want/ need the prizes, and will you ever use them? How burned out are you with the game right now? And perhaps most importantly...are you still having fun??
    I feel especially sorry for the newer players, who don't have 18 appliance slots and millions of coins, and therefore have no chance of completing these back-to-back goals.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast