Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Truffle Shuffle Goal 5-19-15

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    Go ahead and collect from your farms. If it is a Hedgehog, you'll have to feed it the 55 times with regular food before you can start collecting the 200 truffles. That would mean going through 2 evolution cycles to make the 11 levels, I forget the time. And I didn't keep track of how much food, fed mine from level 4. I collected enough truffles with 2 plantings of 20 hr. crops. Watch the evolution time and make sure to have a 20 ready for harvest by the end of the 2nd evolution. Assuming 6 farms that should give you 120 truffles and 60%. There have been reports of 5 hour crops not dropping truffles. I had drops with every 20 hour. You have until 5/26, not sure of time, maybe 10:30 PDT Good luck
    Thank you so much, DeeDeeBird! :0) i really appreciate your help! :0)

Farm Supplier
    I think I'm missing out on this one on both accounts, unfortunately just didn't breed a hedge on either device but had one previously one at lvl 7 and lvl 8 I could go get iTunes cards and get gems but heck I'd rather not invest gems in to a super rare? Idk maybe next time. Not really a big fan of the "Goal" things lol puffalo and cactus kitsen are nice but already have double, triple or more of the breeds lol.
    FFS lvl 50 RorJam Albie's Forest album 193/219
    CS lvl 33 RorJam Albie's Forest
    ( Looking for neighbors on CS )

Executive Chef
    I am having trouble breeding a hedgehog and there is not a lot of time for this task so I put together some calculations to determine where the point is that I would need to spend gems to finish it. I am working with these basic facts.

1) The Hedgehog spends 14 hours in the Breeding Den and nest.
    2) It takes 9 hours to evolve the Hedgehog.
    3) You collect 1 truffle for each hour a crop spends growing on a farm.
    4) You can collect truffles from a crop that has finished growing before the step 4 as long as you collect them after you reach the step 4.
    5) You need to feed a Hedgehog 55 times to complete part 3 of the goal and you need 200 truffles to complete part 4 of the goal.

Let's start with Part 4 of the goal. If I assume that when I reach part 4 I have 6 farms ready with 20 hour crops to get a head start then I only need 200 - (20 * 6 farms = 120) = 80 truffles to complete the step. With 6 farms I can plant three 5 hour crops in each farm to get the (3* 5* 6) 80 truffles I need. So Step 4 will need to take a minimum of (3 five hour crops) 15 hours, if I don't spend any gems.

Let's move to Step 3 of the goal. You can feed an animal 5 times to move up 1 level. Assuming you use the Hedgehog you breed as the one being fed, that means that you need to move the animal up 11 levels or up to level 12 To do this you will need to evolve the animal twice, once from level 3 to 4 and again from level 9 to 10. Since it takes 9 hours to evolve a Hedgehog assuming no time for the actual feeding (it will actually take a minute or two), this step needs a minimum of 18 hours.

Let's move to Step 2 of the goal, to breed a Hedgehog. It takes 14 hours to breed the Hedgehog and another 14 hours to hatch it. So this part takes a minimum of 28 hours.

Now Step 3 and Step 4 can be done simultaneously, since you can harvest crops while the animal is evolving. The 18 hours for Step 3 is more than the 15 hours for Step 4, so we will use 18 hours to complete these two steps. Step 2 must be completed before steps 3 and 4 can start, so the minimum time to complete this goal is 28 + 18 or 46 hours. That means you have to have a 14 hour timer in the breeding den 46 hours before the goal ends to have a chance to finish the goal without using any gems. It also means that you have to time everything perfectly.

For me this calculation changes a bit since I already have a Hedgehog at level 10. To shorten the time, I can feed this Hedgehog 10 times to get it to level 12. This means I only need to feed the new Hedgehog 45 times to raise it from level 1 to level 9 just before the evolve to level 10. This will save me 9 hours of evolve time in step 3, so now the 15 hours in step 4 controls the time to complete steps 3 & 4 and I saved 3 hours. So I need to have 28 + 15 or 43 hours to complete the goal.

This assumes perfect timing for feeding and harvesting. When a goal Is given in days, it is always difficult to determine exactly when the end of the goal will be. Many if not most goals end 1/2 hour before an update, so I assume that this one will end 1/2 hour before the next update (Tuesday May 26 in the U.S.). Using the 46 hour figure, You would need to have the Hedgehog in the Breeding Den within the next 43 hours to finish the goal without using any gems.

I hope I explained this well enough that you can adapt this information to your own particular situation. My latest Plantlers is set to hatch in 4 1/2 hours with another one in the breeding den behind it. So I will have between 3 and 4 more tries at the Hedgehog without speeding before I hit the time limit.

Good Luck to everyone.
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 05-22-15 at 06:08 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Sorry....quoted wrong post ...
    Last edited by lovalilycole; 05-22-15 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    I am having trouble breeding a hedgehog and there is not a lot of time for this task so I put together some calculations to determine where the point is that I would need to spend gems to finish it. I am working with these basic facts.

1) The Hedgehog spends 14 hours in the Breeding Den and nest.
    2) It takes 9 hours to evolve the Hedgehog.
    3) You collect 1 truffle for each hour a crop spends growing on a farm.
    4) You can collect truffles from a crop that has finished growing before the step 4 as long as you collect them after you reach the step 4.
    5) You need to feed a Hedgehog 55 times to complete part 3 of the goal and you need 200 truffles to complete part 4 of the goal.

Let's start with Part 4 of the goal. If I assume that when I reach part 4 I have 6 farms ready with 20 hour crops to get a head start then I only need 200 - (20 * 6 farms = 120) = 80 truffles to complete the step. With 6 farms I can plant three 5 hour crops in each farm to get the (3* 5* 6) 80 truffles I need. So Step 4 will need to take a minimum of (3 five hour crops) 15 hours, if I don't spend any gems.

Let's move to Step 3 of the goal. You can feed an animal 5 times to move up 1 level. Assuming you use the Hedgehog you breed as the one being fed, that means that you need to move the animal up 11 levels or up to level 12 To do this you will need to evolve the animal twice, once from level 3 to 4 and again from level 9 to 10. Since it takes 9 hours to evolve a Hedgehog assuming no time for the actual feeding (it will actually take a minute or two), this step needs a minimum of 18 hours.

Let's move to Step 2 of the goal, to breed a Hedgehog. It takes 14 hours to breed the Hedgehog and another 14 hours to hatch it. So this part takes a minimum of 28 hours.

Now Step 3 and Step 4 can be done simultaneously, since you can harvest crops while the animal is evolving. The 18 hours for Step 3 is more than the 15 hours for Step 4, so we will use 18 hours to complete these two steps. Step 2 must be completed before steps 3 and 4 can start, so the minimum time to complete this goal is 28 + 18 or 46 hours. That means you have to have a 14 hour timer in the breeding den 46 hours before the goal ends to have a chance to finish the goal without using any gems. It also means that you have to time everything perfectly.

For me this calculation changes a bit since I already have a Hedgehog at level 10. To shorten the time, I can feed this Hedgehog 10 times to get it to level 12. This means I only need to feed the new Hedgehog 45 times to raise it from level 1 to level 9 just before the evolve to level 10. This will save me 9 hours of evolve time in step 3, so now the 15 hours in step 4 controls the time to complete steps 3 & 4 and I saved 3 hours. So I need to have 28 + 15 or 43 hours to complete the goal.

This assumes perfect timing for feeding and harvesting. When a goal Is given in days, it is always difficult to determine exactly when the end of the goal will be. Many if not most goals end 1/2 hour before an update, so I assume that this one will end 1/2 hour before the next update (Tuesday May 26 in the U.S.). Using the 46 hour figure, You would need to have the Hedgehog in the Breeding Den within the next 43 hours to finish the goal without using any gems.

I hope I explained this well enough that you can adapt this information to your own particular situation. My latest Plantlers is set to hatch in 4 1/2 hours with another one in the breeding den behind it. So I will have between 3 and 4 more tries at the Hedgehog without speeding before I hit the time limit.

Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks for your help on this! It really explains a lot of this very complicated process very well!
    Thanks too for all the wonderful help u give us on the battlegrounds, tournaments etc!!! :0)
    We couldn't do it without u & the many others who take the time to post their results...it is most appreciated!
    Wonderful forum with great people! Thank you all!!! :0)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lovalilycole View Post
    Thanks for your help on this! It really explains a lot of this very complicated process very well!
    Thanks too for all the wonderful help u give us on the battlegrounds, tournaments etc!!! :0)
    We couldn't do it without u & the many others who take the time to post their results...it is most appreciated!
    Wonderful forum with great people! Thank you all!!! :0)
    I am glad it helped. Good Luck to you.

Fashion Designer

.[/QUOTE] from Ninasidstorm8

Only thing that could be a problem with this, there have been some reports that 5 hour crops have not dropped truffles.
    Last edited by DeeDeeBird70; 05-22-15 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Adding source of quote

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    Only thing that could be a problem with this, there have been some reports that 5 hour crops have not dropped truffles.
    I don't recall seeing that. Five hour crops are used a lot, so I would think that if there really was a problem with 5 hour crops there would be a lot of people complaining about it. The only issue I recall people having is getting Super Seeds at the same time they were collecting for truffles and I believe that has been fixed. If you have an extra hour, then 2 8 hour crops could be used instead.

I would just like to breed a Hedgehog in the next 40 hours to find out.

Rhino Keeper
    I am not a happy little TL/S8 camper at the moment! I have gotten 8 of the 9 hour Plantlers. On my hubby's tablet I got a 14 hour Grassquatch fail and a 9 hour Plantler fail. My hubby comes home from work and he finds he has 2 Hedgehogs (I did not look because he never has room for anything) so we are thinking at least one of us will get the goal creature, right? WRONG! Breeding two normal non Harvest Hedgehogs gives him a 9 hour Plantler fail! I know that I am not TL/S8's biggest cheerleader but this time I believe it IS doing players wrong. If you have lower level Hedgehogs you are ahead, but it is still a time laden goal, especially coming from a Global Event that relied on collecting as well and considering that there is at least 2 evolutions involved.
    Last edited by Perry9877; 05-22-15 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post

I would just like to breed a Hedgehog in the next 40 hours to find out.
    Me too, ninasidstorm8, I'm still trying to stay positive, but it's starting to get difficult.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast