Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 07/29: Monster Hunt s34 and LB | event information on page 1

About two hours ago I got into the game and brought up all the information and the tasks for the event. Well I wasted all my energy 40 anyway they had build up and no monsters came up In the horses or I’m not sure whether they come up with the cows or they come out with your houses I need confirmation on this. But it looks like my game is not working as far as the event is concerned please help

Quote Originally Posted by WindermereBakery View Post
    The leader in my group instantly shot up to thousands of points too lol. I decided this hunt to focus on cows and chickens, I am getting the new spawn but also lots of fangbeasts so I
    can be collecting the unfortunate amount of hair of the beasts that we need. I'm using the milk and chickens in the trade ticket trade and will be able to get the sea wyvern prize at 2300 points so win win

They are showing farmhouses in the featured section too, does it give the new spawn??
    Is it the chickens and cows that are spawning the monster? Because nothing was working for me not the animals the horses or the houses I wasted so much energy

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Petticoatwriter View Post
    About two hours ago I got into the game and brought up all the information and the tasks for the event. Well I wasted all my energy 40 anyway they had build up and no monsters came up In the horses or I’m not sure whether they come up with the cows or they come out with your houses I need confirmation on this. But it looks like my game is not working as far as the event is concerned please help
    Are you sure there wasn't already a monster spawned somewhere in your kingdom? I've made that mistake before.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyforest34 View Post
    I can't find the comment now, but someone had asked in a different thread how S8 assigns people to the leaderboards and if others have the experience of being placed with the same players over and over again, and I can confirm that I am having that experience now. I am in with someone who, during the last leaderboard, got an absolutely ridiculous amount of points. I don't understand the reasoning for spending that much on boost and so forth to get that high when you've already reached all the goals and the next nearest competitor (me) is thousands and thousands of points below you. If the leaderboards in CS worked the same way as they do in Dragon Story, where there is actually a global leaderboard with exclusive prizes for those who play all around the world, I could see it, but not in this game. Anyway, so, yeah, I already know that I don't have a chance at first place because I am in with this person, and that is ok because I don't need the top prize, anyway. It would be nice to get 20 trade tickets, but I often max out on trade tickets and don't realize it until I get a black flag for them, anyway. Hmph!
    My understanding is that you are assigned a group depending on when you start the monster hunt.

Sometimes players with hundreds of thousands of energy don't even use boosts. I have a few thousand energy and can shoot up pretty quickly without having to use boosts. Sometimes the players are not even trying to win the leaderboard but are just trying to get as many gold tokens so they can craft as many creatures in the Mythic research center as they can in the hunt. This is why so many of us hate leaderboards. I wish we had an opt out of the leaderboard while still being able to participate in the hunt itself.
    I have no interest in winning this one since the prize drops things I am always maxed out on. But there are creatures I want to craft so I'll end up giving the folks on my leaderboard a bit of a run and I'm not even trying to do that :-/

Farm Supplier
    How do you get thousands of energy stored up?

Farm Supplier
    I would like to know why when I get a pop up saying that I earned 2-3 points when hitting a monster that my tally is only credited 1. This happened to me with the last contest also. I feel like I?m being *****ed out of hundreds of points here.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    My understanding is that you are assigned a group depending on when you start the monster hunt.

Sometimes players with hundreds of thousands of energy don't even use boosts. I have a few thousand energy and can shoot up pretty quickly without having to use boosts. Sometimes the players are not even trying to win the leaderboard but are just trying to get as many gold tokens so they can craft as many creatures in the Mythic research center as they can in the hunt. This is why so many of us hate leaderboards. I wish we had an opt out of the leaderboard while still being able to participate in the hunt itself.
    I have no interest in winning this one since the prize drops things I am always maxed out on. But there are creatures I want to craft so I'll end up giving the folks on my leaderboard a bit of a run and I'm not even trying to do that :-/
    That's pretty much exactly what I was going to post!

When the LBs were separate and exclusive 'Royal Faire' events, I simply sat them out; or, if the prize looked great, I'd get together with the others in my list so we could tie for top. As soon as they tied the LB to the Hunt itself they pretty much tied our hands from being able to do that. Of course, that was probably a lot of their reasoning for doing it - it's a smart move on their part from a business standpoint but not such a great move for those of us who dislike the LB format.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what I was going to post!

When the LBs were separate and exclusive 'Royal Faire' events, I simply sat them out; or, if the prize looked great, I'd get together with the others in my list so we could tie for top. As soon as they tied the LB to the Hunt itself they pretty much tied our hands from being able to do that. Of course, that was probably a lot of their reasoning for doing it - it's a smart move on their part from a business standpoint but not such a great move for those of us who dislike the LB format.
    Yep. It's a real shame. Since the creatures can be crafted in any hunt I was thinking of sitting this out. But then I'm also working on The Council goals and working on Windchaser permits. So beasts will be hunted unfortunately lol and tokens will be obtained and leaderboard points will be earned.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirrawynne View Post
    I would like to know why when I get a pop up saying that I earned 2-3 points when hitting a monster that my tally is only credited 1. This happened to me with the last contest also. I feel like I?m being *****ed out of hundreds of points here.
    Those pop ups are misleading. If you tap your monster and wait about 1 second, they tally correctly. But if you tap your beast quickly, the pop ups are showing 2 points, because they lag behind your taps. The accurate count is up there in the upper right corner.

Storing energy comes after long time playing and having several energy droppers. Your energy collected slowly outnumber energy used. It takes a long time to get there. Unless you forgo gameplay and just collect energy.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyforest34 View Post
    I can't find the comment now, but someone had asked in a different thread how S8 assigns people to the leaderboards and if others have the experience of being placed with the same players over and over again, and I can confirm that I am having that experience now. I am in with someone who, during the last leaderboard, got an absolutely ridiculous amount of points. I don't understand the reasoning for spending that much on boost and so forth to get that high when you've already reached all the goals and the next nearest competitor (me) is thousands and thousands of points below you. If the leaderboards in CS worked the same way as they do in Dragon Story, where there is actually a global leaderboard with exclusive prizes for those who play all around the world, I could see it, but not in this game. Anyway, so, yeah, I already know that I don't have a chance at first place because I am in with this person, and that is ok because I don't need the top prize, anyway. It would be nice to get 20 trade tickets, but I often max out on trade tickets and don't realize it until I get a black flag for them, anyway. Hmph!
    I amass thousands of points sometimes because I want to get gold tokens rather than because I care where I am on the leaderboard. I am currently saving for my 4th weekly boar so have to collect 90 tokens. That equates to a lot of points. As I have over 30,000 energy stored I can collect as many tokens as I want.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast