Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/09: A Wonderful Spot of Tea | event information on page 1

Is there any way the team can be asked to change their mind? It seems like this is the only event where we upgraded and after all that got just a decoration. it feels particularly sad for those who spent real world money, with the expectation for it to be in game investment. How will we know for future, as I intentionally and specifically never spend gems or money on non drop decorations, and wouldn?t want to invest in the future in events where the outcome is just deco?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hi all, I have news... I heard back from the team today about the Mushroom Tea Garden. Apparently it is staying as a decoration piece.
    Then why it was advertised that if we'll upgrade to level 10 (by spending zillions of energy and materials) it will drop 2400 coins?

Executive Chef
    Hi all, I have news... I heard back from the team today about the Mushroom Tea Garden. Apparently it is staying as a decoration piece. I'll update page 1 with the new details soon. Sorry it's not better news...
    Thank you Spiritwind, for asking and keeping us informed!

I'm also not ok with this.
    The upgradable Item/ Building has never ended up as (no-drop) decoration only.
    If you want to make such a huge and unpopular change, the least you can do is announce it before hand.

Spiritwind, would you be willing to contact them again and (like lillibee101 suggested) ask them to change their minds?
    Or otherwise ask why this change is made, and what we can expect from future upgradable objects?
    It would be very much appreciated if we could get some more clarity/ info on this. This won't just go away.

I really didn't expect this, and I'm very disappointed. Hard to stay happy and positive this way.

Also, The event was such a success, everyone sharing photo's of their tea party's. A real feel-good event with adorable prizes.
    Why make us all feel bad now?
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 07-28-20 at 10:47 PM.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the update and for trying to sort out for us SW!
    You’re the best!

I wholeheartedly agree with everyone’s disappointment!
    Not cool Storm8!
    A fully upgraded building should NOT EVER become deco!

I’m not going to stop asking, so...
    Storm8 , please fix the Mushroom Tea Garden!
    Please make Alina slightly smaller - she is too big!

There is no reason both of these can’t be fixed.

Rhino Keeper
    Well,I'm kinda glad I didn't bother with the tea party event. But,it sets a dangerous precedent. Any event ,including the current one, where we have to upgrade something, we'll all be wondering if it's just going to be deco at the end,at the whim of s8. I,like many others,will wonder why bother doing any events,if that's the case. I mean,really s8, do you want to push people away from the game? Are you not getting enough money spent,so you want to shut it down? Do you not realise that people are happy to spend cash if they feel it's worth it? I'm sure SW will mod me for going off topic,but take the baron's tent for instance. I'd happily spend gems,and cash,if the prize was worth it. But I'm not spending a single cabbage,or gem,on a stupid beach umbrella. I've seen folks with the mint alicorn,yet I keep getting repeats of the umbrella,or other deco stuff I wouldn't bother with,even with the 700 or more cabbages I have. I'm a long time player,love the game,and have gone to bat for s8 before,but making an upgradeable item strictly deco after the event,is a low point. Almost makes me not want to do an event unless everything is clearly,and concisely,advertised,as per drops during and after the event.

Executive Chef
    ....especially when the drops ARE announced ahead & they renege. That's bad business. Although the original splash screen doesn't state any drops from the Mushroom Grove. But why offer the $ drops during the event only, we upgrade & our screens say "2400 coins plus teacups" only to have Everything stop after the event? I certainly am not going to spend real $ for a deco building at the end of an event. I have spent $ to get the prizes I wanted to be SURE of getting, and if I were a level 32 again willing to spend $5 or more to get a big coin dropper plus the other prize(s), I would have been upset.

I am hoping that somehow the coding to stop dropping teacups got written so early the coin amount got included in error, and it would be extremely difficult to fix, as opposed to a deliberate "we are going to turn this item into Unsellable Deco Only after the event is over."
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 07-30-20 at 01:20 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Yay!! Thanks Storm8!
    The Mushroom Tea Garden has been fixed!
    Now has an 8hr timer, drops 2400coins.

And Alina is also slightly smaller!
    She fits with all the other characters now.

Thanks again Storm8!

Executive Chef

So happy it's all sorted out.
    If you don't see the Mushroom Tea Garden's timer, try storing it and put it back out.
    And force close for Alina to shrink! (was there something in her tea?) (good suggestion hagypagy, she looks/fits better now)

Thank you so much S8. I'm so happy you listened to us and changed it!

I only hope players not on the forum figure it out.
    2400 Coins every 8 hours is a lot, and it would be such a shame to miss out on it.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lillibee101 View Post
    Is there any way the team can be asked to change their mind?... snip
    Yes I did and so did they! I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I did ask again and I'm really happy with this outcome too. Thanks team!

Executive Chef
    Yes I did and so did they! I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I did ask again and I'm really happy with this outcome too. Thanks team!
    Thank you SpiritWind!
    Everything you do is very much appreciated