Thread: DRAGON STORY missing from Google Play Store!

Banned

DRAGON STORY missing from Google Play Store!

We bought a new Android tablet and just tried to install Dragon Story. It isn't in Play Store. WHY??

Will post in Bugs and send note to support but very troubling.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    We bought a new Android tablet and just tried to install Dragon Story. It isn't in Play Store. WHY??

Will post in Bugs and send note to support but very troubling.
    Same thing happened here. I bought a new android device to replace my old android device. No Dragon Story on Google Play

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    Spiritwind has already addressed this in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hi VelvetRose, can you please try the following and let us know how you get on... this is advice from S8. This workaround also works for Fantasy Forest Story too.

On your device, try signing in with the SAME Google Play account you used before. If you are signed into the same account you used to originally download the app, it will still show up in your Library. Apps you've uninstalled or have on other devices will show up in the Library so you can find them later.

Please try the following steps on your device:

- Open the Google Play Store app and sign into the SAME Google Play account you used before
    - Tap on the 3 lines in the upper left hand corner of the screen and a menu should pop up
    - Tap on "My Apps & Games" at the top of the menu
    - Tap "Library" at the top of the screen
    - Locate the Dragon Story App in your Library and tap "Install"

You might be able to reinstall both games this way.

Rhino Keeper
    Noticed it wasn't on the Storm8.com site either. Hmmmm

Banned
    I tried what you suggested.it did not work...little round arrow thing just kept spinning and never loaded any games.

I found thread from SpiritWind and question from VelvetRose was posted 9-25 with no follow ups. If Storm8 has known since Sep that game isn't in store, why haven't they put it back? What is happening?

And your suggestion to change over to old ID that DS played on maybe should have worked for existing players but don't you want to add new players?

Executive Chef
    I have this on my IPad, but just tried to install this on my Android phone so I can play it while I'm on break at work.. Doesn't show up in the Google Play store to download though.. Please fix this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetshop7 View Post
    I have this on my IPad, but just tried to install this on my Android phone so I can play it while I'm on break at work.. Doesn't show up in the Google Play store to download though.. Please fix this!!
    Have you tried this suggestion from SpiritWind?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hi VelvetRose, can you please try the following and let us know how you get on... this is advice from S8. This workaround also works for Fantasy Forest Story too.

On your device, try signing in with the SAME Google Play account you used before. If you are signed into the same account you used to originally download the app, it will still show up in your Library. Apps you've uninstalled or have on other devices will show up in the Library so you can find them later.

Please try the following steps on your device:

- Open the Google Play Store app and sign into the SAME Google Play account you used before
    - Tap on the 3 lines in the upper left hand corner of the screen and a menu should pop up
    - Tap on "My Apps & Games" at the top of the menu
    - Tap "Library" at the top of the screen
    - Locate the Dragon Story App in your Library and tap "Install"

You might be able to reinstall both games this way.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Executive Chef
    That's the thing... I haven't been playing this game long.. Maybe a few weeks.. I downloaded this on my IPad so its not going to show up on my google play account since I downloaded from my apple account not google account so if this is the only way to get it on my Android phone then I guess I won't be able to

Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Have you tried this suggestion from SpiritWind?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetshop7 View Post
    That's the thing... I haven't been playing this game long.. Maybe a few weeks.. I downloaded this on my IPad so its not going to show up on my google play account since I downloaded from my apple account not google account so if this is the only way to get it on my Android phone then I guess I won't be able to
    I was just wondering. Is it simply a matter that Dragon Story does not meet Google’s requirements to be in the play store? If that is the case, then the obvious question to me is why not? Yes, there may be ways for current DS players to put the game on a new device but what about potential new players, aka customers who use android? I don’t know, maybe the reprogramming expense exceeds the possible reward? I just find it curious

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    There seems to be 2 duplicate threads on this issue with posts by the same players. The other thread is in the bugs forum here:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...gle-Play-Store!

closing this one so we can contain all info in 1 place.