Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/27/2014 Update Troll Tribe Part 2

I've spent hundreds in energy since placing the swamp with no DB's. None, nada, zero. Getting the usual FB, trolls and skunks but no DB. can't even go on first adventure do to missing pieces.

Perhaps TL has adjusted the drop rate to make the quest last two weeks? I realize they say they don't tailor drop or spawn rates but I'm not dumb! Perhaps they need to loosen up just a bit to keep us coming back to the game and achieve something every now and then.

Executive Chef
    I've collected every single coin in the kingdom (exception of the troll pit) in the last 24 hours since the update and not one boar has spawned.

I've just collected 18 wheat and had 3 skunkupines, all of them spawning on the last 4 wheat.

Executive Chef
    I gave up on the dire boars after one day of nothing and bought the traps. Oh well, I have over 700 gems saved up and nothing to do with them anyway. :P

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye58 View Post
    I've spent hundreds in energy since placing the swamp with no DB's. None, nada, zero. Getting the usual FB, trolls and skunks but no DB. can't even go on first adventure do to missing pieces.

Perhaps TL has adjusted the drop rate to make the quest last two weeks? I realize they say they don't tailor drop or spawn rates but I'm not dumb! Perhaps they need to loosen up just a bit to keep us coming back to the game and achieve something every now and then.
    Droprate on boars is the same as the droprate for trolls, skunkupines, and fangbeasts (it's all identical).

Those of you having trouble finding boars, try these:
    - Sparkling Mine
    - Character's houses (like Ivy's Hut and Thurston's Fort)
    - Special buildings (like the Tablet of Tabernum and the Magic Garden)
    - Iron Rich Rock

You chased the boars off pretty well last week, but they won't stay deceived for long - expect boars to spawn from more places soon!
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Executive Chef
    Wow that's a lot of gems. I'm not going to buy the trap it doesn't give you what you need. I always end up with fur and other useless resources. I have enough for one adventure that's about it. Hopefully TL does something to help us with the boar situation.

Boars tend to spawn most often for me when I collect from ponds.

Executive Chef
    All I get is trolls and fang beasts.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post
    Droprate on boars is the same as the droprate for trolls, skunkupines, and fangbeasts (it's all identical).

- Sparkling Mine
    - Iron Rich Rock

You chased the boars off pretty well last week, but they won't stay deceived for long - expect boars to spawn from more places soon!
    Thanks Glimmergate, however the issue is not with drop rate, it's with options to drop. Thing is as we tend to collect a lot of crops regularly, other creatures end up spawning faster. Because options for spawning of boars are limited to the above mentioned ones, and they have a longer cycle to replicate, as there are fewer resources to collect from, the wait for boars is very painful.

If you can add a couple of crops that don't spawn anything to the cycle or flowers that are not configured to skunkupines then things might get back on track with boars and folks won't find it so painful to spawn them
    Last edited by lordviv; 03-28-14 at 11:45 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by glimmergate View Post

- Sparkling Mine
    - Iron Rich Rock

Tried all those places,still haven't seen a single boar,tried them each more than a few times,this really is turning me off the game,catfish are slowly coming along,but the butter(?) fish is very hard to come by in my queendom.not asking foe easy,that's boring,but after using up 11 Ali's and pinkys as soon as available,and still nothing,kinda gets to you

Executive Chef
    I've just got my first boar from the magic garden. It dropped a troll essence.