Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

I don't work for them, so not good enough a game designer or imaginative to do that. The price I got was gems for $4.99 divided by the 24 someone on the thread said it would cost (at a minimum) to finish the goals. I think it's like 40 gems for $5? If have to go into the game to check the package pricing. I am decimals NOT on the favored iOS - left out Android player here. But the gems are on sale all the time - maybe as an incentive to those that but they have more regular sales? I don't know, and really don't mind that they target their sales. JC Penny dies the same thing - My market is left out of every sale every major department store has because we don't shop on a certain day. I've learned to roll with it. As for advanced notice - yeah, that would be nice, but I believe it's been mentioned ad naseum that this company does not talk to the players regarding anything. A far as the company making more money than I suggested - obviously I want quoting an actual conversation from the developers - My point was I don't work for free, and I don't expect anyone else to. My business has different payments for different jobs (I am an independent contractor) I tend to choose the highest paying jobs for the least amount of work - who wouldn't? I certainly wouldn't turn down a raise, cost of living increase, bonus for signing up a new client, bonus because my boss was feeling generous or whatever. Wbu would I? And if one of the companies I contact to made their prices higher, resulting in a higher wage for me? Party time! You can bet I would take my family to a nice steak dinner - yes, even EVERY NIGHT, - and not be like "but boss! Think of the higher prices the people who pay us have to bear!"
    For those who said "I've paid hundreds to the company and I'm upset" you obviously weren't the people whose complaining upset me to start with. I think I was pretty clear that my issue is with the people who are proud to have never spent a dime and still expect a top tier experience. For those that don't have the money - we all make choices. Mine is to give money to game developers, yours might be to give money to Starbucks or Netflix or chick fillet. Or maybe you have no extra disposable income - I've been there. I've been on welfare and WIC and food stamps and I'm happy I'm in a situation where I'm not now and I have disposable income. But for those people who have none - you're right. You're not going to get an entertainment anymore for free. That sucks. It's also part of life. You aren't eating fillet mignon at dinner either. That also sucks. But do you tell the company who provides the fillet they need to give it for free to you because you can't afford it and how terrible it is that someone will actually pay for it?
    Yes, this model is new and different for this game. It's not new or different for gaming. This may very well be the future of the game - if you don't pay you don't get new content - but that's how people make money. They have an idea, create it, sell it. It's not horrible, it's business.
    For the people that went off on other tangents - I'm sure your customer experience has been terrible. But then I ask you, why stay?

I've never bought gems and probably never will after this. I'm deeply sorry because I won't have all the recipes, but it's not worth the 10gems that they ask us to spend. But like some people are saying, I'll continue playing the game I love (I've been playing it for almost 2 years) and I hope this situation gets resolved soon, if not then I don't know, I'll consider then.
    Last edited by hearthbreake; 07-06-15 at 02:37 PM.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by esleyoga View Post
    I don't work for them, so not good enough a game designer or imaginative to do that. The price I got was gems for $4.99 divided by the 24 someone on the thread said it would cost (at a minimum) to finish the goals. I think it's like 40 gems for $5? If have to go into the game to check the package pricing. I am decimals NOT on the favored iOS - left out Android player here. But the gems are on sale all the time - maybe as an incentive to those that but they have more regular sales? I don't know, and really don't mind that they target their sales. JC Penny dies the same thing - My market is left out of every sale every major department store has because we don't shop on a certain day. I've learned to roll with it. As for advanced notice - yeah, that would be nice, but I believe it's been mentioned ad naseum that this company does not talk to the players regarding anything. A far as the company making more money than I suggested - obviously I want quoting an actual conversation from the developers - My point was I don't work for free, and I don't expect anyone else to. My business has different payments for different jobs (I am an independent contractor) I tend to choose the highest paying jobs for the least amount of work - who wouldn't? I certainly wouldn't turn down a raise, cost of living increase, bonus for signing up a new client, bonus because my boss was feeling generous or whatever. Wbu would I? And if one of the companies I contact to made their prices higher, resulting in a higher wage for me? Party time! You can bet I would take my family to a nice steak dinner - yes, even EVERY NIGHT, - and not be like "but boss! Think of the higher prices the people who pay us have to bear!"
    For those who said "I've paid hundreds to the company and I'm upset" you obviously weren't the people whose complaining upset me to start with. I think I was pretty clear that my issue is with the people who are proud to have never spent a dime and still expect a top tier experience. For those that don't have the money - we all make choices. Mine is to give money to game developers, yours might be to give money to Starbucks or Netflix or chick fillet. Or maybe you have no extra disposable income - I've been there. I've been on welfare and WIC and food stamps and I'm happy I'm in a situation where I'm not now and I have disposable income. But for those people who have none - you're right. You're not going to get an entertainment anymore for free. That sucks. It's also part of life. You aren't eating fillet mignon at dinner either. That also sucks. But do you tell the company who provides the fillet they need to give it for free to you because you can't afford it and how terrible it is that someone will actually pay for it?
    Yes, this model is new and different for this game. It's not new or different for gaming. This may very well be the future of the game - if you don't pay you don't get new content - but that's how people make money. They have an idea, create it, sell it. It's not horrible, it's business.
    For the people that went off on other tangents - I'm sure your customer experience has been terrible. But then I ask you, why stay?
    And my point is...who are you to judge ppl as to how they spend their money?

Would you if you had been playing any of the storm8 games whilst on welfare spent money on gems?

You do not know the reason behind as to why some players have never bought gems, yet you sign up and dash onto the forums to lay judgement on ppl.
    Count yourself lucky that you are now in a position to buy gems whenever you want to.

I've worked hard all my life, I became a single parent after my marriage failed and I still worked, I'm 55 and disabled now, I do buy gems and I choose how I spend my gems, I've played my games for over 2yrs, I've also worked hard to earn gems as have the majority of players have done, I think that myself and ALL players have earnt the right to do goals and paying coins for the items not our hard earned gems.

Why do I stay? because I enjoy the social contact, I also have the ability to see both sides but on the issue of gem paying goals I think it's unfair to the veterans who have played for years and unfair to new players and the children who play.

If I end up being suspended or banned for expressing my opinion then so be it, there's always FaceBook
    Last edited by ladygenie; 07-06-15 at 02:35 PM.

Farm Supplier
    In this thread: a lot of people who don't understand how f2p/microtransaction games work. These companies make a ton of money from the small percentage of players who buy a very large quantity of gems. Then the middle range of players who buy some. There is no need for every player to buy gems to keep a company like Storm8 going. If you think Storm8 employees are starving and scraping together a few dollars a day you just don't understand and probably should do some more research of the app industry and gaming as well before commenting.

Rhino Keeper
    lol! iv been eating steak dinners here for years, but dont mind paying coz i always get free sides and service with a smile! this week however they didnt cook my meat right, charged me for sides and the customer service was atrocious! i aint eating here again and your getting **** feedback so i can vent my anger/disappointment before i find a new place to eat! i understand your post was aimed at non gem buyers, im just joining in with the funny!

Quote Originally Posted by applesmcgee View Post
    In this thread: a lot of people who don't understand how f2p/microtransaction games work. These companies make a ton of money from the small percentage of players who buy a very large quantity of gems. Then the middle range of players who buy some. There is no need for every player to buy gems to keep a company like Storm8 going. If you think Storm8 employees are starving and scraping together a few dollars a day you just don't understand and probably should do some more research of the app industry and gaming as well before commenting.
    There's a south park episode about this =p

Rhino Keeper
    Has anyone finished goals wouldn't it be funny if it turned out you got 100 gems for doing it.I know it won't happen but it would be funny if these were old goals like from Christmas 3 years ago I would have gladly done them. I will miss not having another appliance I could master.

Host(ess)
    72 pages now! I missed so much while away for the weekend hehe.

So in the "against gems for goals camp" I think I'm stuck in the middle between those continuing on & those who are quitting & uninstalling. I've put too much time/money into my bakery to feel right about clearing it out, even if I decide to quit, my decor will remain. I'm obviously not doing the goal, but I'm not crushed about it as I've never been crazy for holiday decor (with a few exceptions).

Quote Originally Posted by aishaibrahims View Post
    lol! iv been eating steak dinners here for years, but dont mind paying coz i always get free sides and service with a smile! this week however they didnt cook my meat right, charged me for sides and the customer service was atrocious! i aint eating here again and your getting **** feedback so i can vent my anger/disappointment before i find a new place to eat! i understand your post was aimed at non gem buyers, im just joining in with the funny!
    lol! loved this!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by larissa2k View Post
    Has anyone finished goals wouldn't it be funny if it turned out you got 100 gems for doing it.I know it won't happen but it would be funny if these were old goals like from Christmas 3 years ago I would have gladly done them. I will miss not having another appliance I could master.
    I think a few pages earlier maybe?, someone had a screenshot that showed the display you get at the end of the goal. But yeah, no 100 gems. lol

edit: found it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerling View Post
    I HAVE COMPLETED THE GOAL. GOAL PRIZE: PIE BAKERS DISPLAY WORTH 22 GEMS. 1 Free

Attachment 21423
    Attachment 21424
    Attachment 21425
    Attachment 21426
    Attachment 21427
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerling View Post
    Last edited by ileftmyheartinazeroth; 07-06-15 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by applesmcgee View Post
    very well said. I couldnt have said it better myself. Can we please all move into reality. No one employed by S8 is rummaging the couch cushions for lost coins or begging on the street in order to eat or put shoes on their kids feet.
    Last edited by myferngardens; 07-06-15 at 03:09 PM.