Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Summit - Levels 169 - 174

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Level 166: (...)
    Oops, that should've been Level 171! Sorry about that...I was too sleepy to be posting...

Wow, the black blocks (jewels?) really block your digging progress on level 171. You have to blast/bomb at least some of them if you want to get anywhere (in time, anyway.) I've got down to just 1 square left--twice! So frustrating, but it's still a fun level. There's a lot of time, so it doesn't feel crazy-rushed. Haven't passed yet, though...maybe I should rush, lol!

Fashion Designer
    sounds like you're making great progress!! i'm still stuck on 2nd level of tentacle tunnel.. >.< although i haven't been using my energies to my maximum capacity i've been busy on my other account playing catch up. and i just hit misty mountain. you're almost to lvl 174... that one is a lil bugger.

Uh, oh...lil' bugger, huh? Yikes! Good luck on 230. Those restricted jewels proving difficult, huh? You'll conquer it soon...your JMM will come thru!

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    (...) level 172 is another timed digging level. only have to dig 6 meters down and there are some walls w/in the bricks. there is >4 min on the timer which seems nice... BUT lots of surprises drop down as you play. doom jewels, black jewels, white blocks... so far have dropped in so you'll be busy trying to get rid of those. obviously doom jewel takes priority. (...)
    Level 172: Dig 6 levels in 9:15 (all 6JC's.) Wow, that's a lot of time--they've increased it! There are walls embedded in the dirt/bricks, which make it hard to manipulate the jewels at dirt-level. Doom jewels, as well as all the other goodies mentioned above, drop in on you throughout. Move fast, cuz the doom jewels have short "fuses."

Tried this once, and still had more than half the time left by the time I'd dug 4 rows & part of the final 2. Unfortunately, a doom jewel got me! Couldn't find the matching color in time. Since all 6 jewel colors are used, it can be hard to find matches for doom jewels that drop. Ugh, so frustrating making it all that way...
    Good luck,
    Phaedrakiki
    in level 172, i managed (...) to pass it with a lot of time left on the clock. (...) by the time i dug down to 6/6 i still had around 2:50 left on the clock. the level won't finish until all the remaining time ends, so i made a couple more matches, only to have more doom jewels drop in. luckily i was able to get rid of the doom jewels, and then i just stopped making anymore moves. so my piece of advice for this level, once you dig 6/6 meters down and it says goal reached AND you've gotten rid of any doom jewels present on the board, just stop making any moves. it's simply not worth the risk to earn more points by digging down more (unless you've already beaten this level and are trying to get 3 stars). you must resist the urge!! i'd also randomly touch my screen just to make sure my device didn't idle out. (...)
    Excellent tip! If I pass this level, you can be sure I'll heed this!

OMG! I can't believe it--I passed 172! I'm shaking so bad; I hate doom jewels! I actually had a minute or so left over, and I sorta took my time on it. The faster you move, the faster the doom jewels fall in, so... Ooh, it gets scary when you make a combo, cuz all the replacement jewels fall in fast--and guaranteed some of them will be doom jewels. It's almost better (less risky) not to do big combos, and dig slowly or just do a blaster/bomb/diamond by itself. The doom jewels are hard to clear sometimes, with all those colors on the board. When you see a doom jewel, move fast and clear it. Then you can go back to a good steady digging pace, lol! Anyway, I wish you luck on this tricky level!

(...) level 173 is a fire level. it has a bunch of snakes at the bottom (8 i think) and a couple doom jewels, stone jewels, crates. and some white blocks and black jewels drop in (maybe more doom jewels too - can't remember). the primary focus is getting rid of the doom jewels. don't worry about the crates or stone jewels since this is a fire level. once you **** the snakes, it will expose the fire and then the fire will start to spread with each move you make. i passed this level with a bomb/blaster combo near the bottom. (...)
    Level 173: Put out 8 fire in 55 moves (all 6 JC's.) Wow, this level has a lot going on! It's crazy hard figuring out which moves to make (at first, anyway--after awhile there aren't many moves left and you get reshuffling!) This ones going to require a lucky board...please, bring on the luck!!!

Phaedrakiki

Whew--got lucky on 173! Combined a diamond + blaster, and then later 2 bombs, which got me down to one flame, with a regular 3-jewel match right next to it! Whoo hoo! I didn't really target most of the snakes, they just got ****ed in the crossfire of blasting & clearing the flames. There were still a couple crates left at the end of the level, too. When it was over I only had 1 move left...close one!!

(...) level 174 is a fire and timed level. however, unlike usual fire timed levels, the fire will only spread each time you make a move. since the fire doesn't spread by the amount of time that passes, don't feel pressured to move fast. there are some gaps that run down the middle of the board, so when the fire starts to spread from the bottom to the top it will divide the board into 2 areas. in the few rounds i've played, the board was constantly reshuffling because as the fire grew it made the areas smaller and harder to make matches. there is 3:20 minutes on the clock, so it's probably wise to play a slower game but make better matches that are next to the fire or make matches to create special jewels. (...)
    Passed 174 and it was no picnic. So hard to make any good matches. (...) this level is nothing but a shuffling shrinking board. (...)
    Level 174: Snuff 8 fire in 7:10 (6 JC's.) They added lots of time on this one, but if you don't get a handle on the fire from the start (and keep it handled!) your board will shrink until there are no matches & it just keeps reshuffling. I played once, and it's like Aleeni said...you can take your time cuz the fire moves as you do... Here it is:

Good luck,
    Phaedrakiki
    PS: Here's how the board looks if you lose control of the fire:

I "lost" the left side about 3/4 of the way thru. Right before that, it looked promising. I had the bottom cleared & only 3 or 4 flames on the left! I wasn't really able to do any good combos that round, though. Just lots of blasters and a few bombs detonated on thier own...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    PS: Here's how the board looks if you lose control of the fire:

I "lost" the left side about 3/4 of the way thru. Right before that, it looked promising. I had the bottom cleared & only 3 or 4 flames on the left! I wasn't really able to do any good combos that round, though. Just lots of blasters and a few bombs detonated on thier own...
    yea if one half of the board is covered in flames it's pretty much impossible to pass the level. you're probably better off saving your time and just restarting the level. because there are too many jewel colors to be able to make lots of special jewels and combos. i've played this level numerous times on my other account and i was never able to make a come back after half my board went up in flames. and i guess it's even hard to make "smart moves" on this level since you often only have 1 or 2 choices to make a match. And all the extra time that was added is really not helpful at all! haha. Good luck Phaedrakiki!! hope you're not stuck there too long

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast