Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What you wish you had known when you first started out playing....

Host(ess)
    If you sell "golden utensils", you get 1250 money. I didn't even notice / understood those collectibles until I had played several weeks.

There is no point to block the door and trying to stockpile food. You will get money sooner if you keep your door open. It really doesn't matter if the smiley face look sad for a while. When you have more appliances, you will be overloaded with that food. (I have count how much I have and once it was over 2 500 000 portions of food.)

It took a looong time before I understood what are the "New goal" -pop ups. I don't even know how many goals I have missed.

Sorry my bad English.

Rhino Keeper
    HOW RARE FREE GEMS ARE!!! I think I used all of my initial gems to finish recipes by accident only to kick myself later when I realized how valuable and rare free gems are.

Also, to use all of my appliances to cook the same recipe at a time. By 'power cooking' like that, your stock stays pretty full.

Thanks guys I've been playing since January of this year & had no idea about the shortcuts, although I got into the habit early on to just leave a smiley face when I had stopped by....
    But yeah I wish I had known how much patience would've saved me from gem traps & that there's no point in closing doors...

Quote Originally Posted by Baraze View Post
    I wish I'd known you canNOT store your counter and expect the food on it, to be in storage too!
    ..... +1

Host(ess)
    There is a lot of different cooking appliances. When you want to buy new one, you can STORAGE an old appliance.

Rhino Keeper
    I'd like to comment on floor plans, too. I have noticed many restaurants with all the tables lined up along the walls.. They place the chairs next to the walls. This looks fine space wise. The problem is that the customers will only use the outside corner chairs! Your customers require one full floor tile of space to walk to the chairs. Move the chairs to the inside of the restaurant. The tables can be next to the wall withoout any problems. On the other hand, if you are trying to make the food last longer, then make fewer chairs available!

Fashion Designer
    As fast as those little angry faces come once u do put food out they go away! No need to close shop they don't do lasting harm. Don't waste gems!!!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrian View Post
    I found a guide for both Android and iOS users here: https://heresthethingblog.com/2012/12...create-custom/

Hope it helps you out!
    Thanks! This saved my life!!!

Rhino Keeper
    I also wish that I had bought more of the holiday appliances when the first came out. TL ended up taking them away and it took forever to master the recipes on some of them because I only had one or two.

Farm Supplier
    Although this wasn't the first TeamLava game I played it still applies. I think the one thing I should have done was be patient and earn money before splashing out decorations, possibly leaving the decorating until goals came. Another point would be not to add just anyone as a neighbour because 1) if they're not actively playing their IDs stay on the pending list (forever?) and 2) active players (I'm not talking about playing 24/7 by the way) can be very helpful when it comes to completing goals and have a nice chat with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast