Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Gem Dispenser

Quote Originally Posted by sls0991 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking LOL. I happen to have a real life and most likely won't be able to get the gems every 12 hours so it would not be a good investment for me!
    They should have done it like Dragon Story where the gem(\gold) giving mechanism allows a few gems to build up. Expecting us to login every 12 hours is a bit tedious for players who have already played long enough they no longer need to cook short hour recipes. Especially when they give us nothing else to do in the game >_<

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    They should have done it like Dragon Story where the gem(\gold) giving mechanism allows a few gems to build up. Expecting us to login every 12 hours is a bit tedious for players who have already played long enough they no longer need to cook short hour recipes. Especially when they give us nothing else to do in the game >_<
    Exactly, but they probably figured that everyone who could would jump on it really quick (as I see a lot of people did) and in a few weeks or months they'll get busy or forget to check the game, lose interest, whatever and they would have cashed out big time while most people didn't even make their gems back. 450 freaking gems anyway, that's like $60 with a 30% off gem sale and the 275 or whatever it was for the sale price would still be over $35. That's a lot of money for 2 gems a day IF you collect it on the dot every 12 hours. Not worth it in the slightest!

Executive Chef
    I think it's important to remember that once you get your gems back, it's just profit all the way indefinitely after that initial investment. Even if took you an extra month to get the gems back because you can't log in every 12 hours to collect the gem, again, if you see yourself as someone who will play for a long time (as I do), then it's definitely going to pay for itself many times over. $35USD isn't worth much to me so I didn't really need to think twice about buying it with a 30% off gem sale. Everyone has a different idea of what's worth spending money on and what's not, what's expensive and what's not.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I think it's important to remember that once you get your gems back, it's just profit all the way indefinitely after that initial investment. Even if took you an extra month to get the gems back because you can't log in every 12 hours to collect the gem, again, if you see yourself as someone who will play for a long time (as I do), then it's definitely going to pay for itself many times over. $35USD isn't worth much to me so I didn't really need to think twice about buying it with a 30% off gem sale. Everyone has a different idea of what's worth spending money on and what's not, what's expensive and what's not.
    Totally agree. I can't afford to buy gems often but I had quite a few that I'd accumulated over the weeks/months. So I had enough to buy 1 gem dispenser but I wish I could have bought 4 or 5 of them. As filochick says,once you have earned back the gems that you initially paid its all pure profit. I'll be getting around 60 gems per month off just 1 gem dispenser. When you add that to the gems from mastering and installing/playing new games then that's going to be close to 100 gems per month. I'm well happy with that.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    Totally agree. I can't afford to buy gems often but I had quite a few that I'd accumulated over the weeks/months. So I had enough to buy 1 gem dispenser but I wish I could have bought 4 or 5 of them. As filochick says,once you have earned back the gems that you initially paid its all pure profit. I'll be getting around 60 gems per month off just 1 gem dispenser. When you add that to the gems from mastering and installing/playing new games then that's going to be close to 100 gems per month. I'm well happy with that.
    In Farm Story2 we have the show pony which is similar to gem dispenser. I started with one show pony (2000 gems each), earned back my investment and in time, I used the extras to buy another 2 show ponies. You can collect and build up your gems slowly. I'm sure tl will have another dispenser sale down the road.

Executive Chef
    That's a good idea - reinvest the profit of gems from one dispenser into more gem dispensers! But time it well so buy it when there's another 50% off promotion! I'll be keeping that in mind. Thanks for the tip!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    In Farm Story2 we have the show pony which is similar to gem dispenser. I started with one show pony (2000 gems each), earned back my investment and in time, I used the extras to buy another 2 show ponies. You can collect and build up your gems slowly. I'm sure tl will have another dispenser sale down the road.
    Lol that's exactly what I was hoping. Maybe eventually have about 5 of them. As long as they are on a half price sale of course.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    That's a good idea - reinvest the profit of gems from one dispenser into more gem dispensers! But time it well so buy it when there's another 50% off promotion! I'll be keeping that in mind. Thanks for the tip!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    Lol that's exactly what I was hoping. Maybe eventually have about 5 of them. As long as they are on a half price sale of course.
    Once you amass enough gems, the challenge will be not losing it to gem traps before the sale of the dispensers. I tip toed for months around my farm cos I had thousands of gems before the pony sale. I was so relieved when the sale came lol.

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah..not enough info. And, it's no longer on sale. It's now 450 gems. I want it badly but would have to pay cash for it being my gems get stolen at 10 or above by the pop ups Storm8 refuses to fix. All they have to do is put up a "Are you sure you want to purchase coins......" So, if i had bought the Gem Dispenser when it was on sale I would have paid apx. $35...don't think so.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    Goodness, I was gonna do the same thing earlier! I was in design mode on Android and noticed that the spot where I placed the dispenser is available and was about to place a random deco over to experiment but decided against it in the end. WHEW dodged a bullet there. Glad I saw your post! One wrong move and it could actually cost us our stuff. I mean, who knows how many people playing on both OS are not aware of this bug?! Better fix this S8.
    "Better fix this S8" ???!!! I'm racking my brain to recall even ONE thing they've fixed or even acknowledged in the 2 1/2 years I've been playing...and come up with zero.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G....I'd love for someone to prove me wrong... :'(

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast