Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Egyptian Cruise Catering Event

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by xxangelmariexxx View Post
    What that 2nd dish? Never seen that one
    Ginger snaps

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post

In the image above, the antipasto platter delivery is worth 3 coins which will take the gems down by 35.
    The Greek salad is worth 2 coins when delivered so will take the gems down by 15.
    So once I have completed both those deliveries, all I will need to complete day six are two deliveries worth 1 coin (5 gems) each. I can then, before making the last delivery to the ship for the day try to set up the other two orders (by refreshing them) so that I have two 4 coin deliveries waiting overnight. I can then try to work on having them ready and waiting to deliver when day 7 unlocks for me tomorrow. This saves me time and effort in the long run.
    Wow!! Fabulous image and description bobbyrae! Thanks so much for doing that. (((I'm just going to post the daily gem requirements and my advice on completing the cruise below.)))

Summary explanation of the cruise catering event:

Note that each day costs a different number of gems to "finish now" (in middle of screen).
    Typically a 1-coin dish only counts as 5 gems & a 4-coin dish counts as 60 gems towards that daily cost to "finish now".

Accordingly it is helpful to know how much credit you get for the various number of coins for each day to better plan which to complete, which to deliver, which to save for tomorrow and which to refresh.

It is also worth noting that BEFORE delivering your last dish for 'today' it is helpful to also fill the other two orders being asked for and/or refresh those items until they are ones you can do and count as either 3 or 4 coins to give you a head start on 'tomorrow'. Also good between days to stock up on long-cook, high-credit dishes like french dip sandwich, baked potato, and for higher levels lobster thermidor, tuna casserole, etc.

To not have dishes sell-out to customers that you would rather save for the cruise, I recommend having only one chair out. This will sell food at a very slow rate.
    Blocking one's door (or turning all chairs around, or removing all tables and/or chairs) has been discouraged by TL saying it is connected to glitches involving whole counters of food disappearing completely. (I had this happen after blocking my door and will not be doing it again.)

Here is a summary of the values of different dishes for each day. :-)

Day 1: 75 gems required to "finish now"

4 coins = ? (Maybe 48?)
    3 coins = 26/27 gems
    2 coins = 11 gems
    1 coin = 3 gems

--------------------

Day 2: 150 gems required to "finish now"
    Day 3: 200 gems required to "finish now"
    Day 4 & Day 5: 250 gems required to "finish now"
    Day 6: 300 gems to "finish now"
    Day 7: 300 gems

4 coins = 60 gems
    3 coins = 35 gems
    2 coins = 15 gems
    1 coin = 5 gems

----------------------------

In previous cruises the gem-value of each dish changed from day-to-day, but during this cruise it has been the same for days 2-7.
    We may see changes moving forward, but who knows?!?!
    Last edited by infinitelove19; 06-11-15 at 12:51 AM.

Infinite and bobbyrae, you guys are treasures. TL should be paying you, since you're doing their work and putting together clear, logical guides to their events. Thanks so much!

I removed all the tables..left the chairs. Customers come in and go right back out!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberly0822 View Post
    I removed all the tables..left the chairs. Customers come in and go right back out!
    you can still leave ur tables in, and neighbours can still tip , turn ur chairs around and customers do the same......wander in and then out again lol

Executive Chef
    Hey everyone! Thanks for all the awesome discussion regarding the Egyptian Catering Event! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Kebabs and the Shawarma are just fun limited time recipes to add to the ambiance of the Egyptian Catering Event. You do not have to master them if you do not want to. Do note that in order to unlock the Chocolate Pyramid Cake, you will need to unlock Nefertiti.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus View Post
    Hey everyone! Thanks for all the awesome discussion regarding the Egyptian Catering Event! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Kebabs and the Shawarma are just fun limited time recipes to add to the ambiance of the Egyptian Catering Event. You do not have to master them if you do not want to. Do note that in order to unlock the Chocolate Pyramid Cake, you will need to unlock Nefertiti.
    Thank you for clarifying. Is there any reason they can't stick around?

Rhino Keeper
    Are there certain recipes that this event uses??

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus View Post
    I already mastered both recipes. Will they disappear after the event?

Rhino Keeper
    Also I have 100 gems should I hold on to them or use them to work on the next goals I still have 8 hrs left until i am able to do more