Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/20: The Baron's Wishes | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Hahaha dat baby baron animation is hilarious. I love him! Also love the Story Book format. Much better than the last event.

Executive Chef
    I have only been collecting from my Chickens when I have the Kissing Troll on the board which has spawned from the Farmhouse. The Chickens will spawn Fangbeasts, and you will waste energy fighting them. The Farmhouses also spawn Fangbeasts in between spawning the Kissing Troll.
    First collections from 2 Faerie Dogmothers gave me 1 Faerie Biscuit and 2 Faerie Biscuits. We will see if she can drop more than 2 as we go along.

Executive Chef
    Kissing Troll has an 8 hour collection time. I can't tell if she is winking at us or if she has a nervous tic. No matter which it is, she is adorable, and the other Trolls will be vying for her companionship.
    As usual, kudos to S8. The graphics for this event are outstanding. So far, I have seen no major glitches. Collection times for some items seem very long. I am curious to see how quickly others are getting Faerie Dogmothers and Cash Cows from the Practice Spells Adventure. At least we don't need Golden items for the adventure. Waiting to collect from the Faerie Dogmothers in Chapter 4, Goal 2, has slowed me down. However, it is welcomed, as my gameplay has been pretty frenetic. Good luck to all. Don't give up yet, unless you don't like the rewards of this event or you need a break. It's very early and many of the event items are very cute.

Fashion Designer
    Okay, so I am confused (what's new, LOL).... Why not max out on enchanted tears and enchanted ore? Why only choose one to max out? And how many of the other item would you collect? Hope I'm making sense. Thanks, in advance, for any help. K♡

P.S. The 2 answers right below explain this perfectly, for anyone else wondering the same thing. Thanks RonjaR82 and SylvanSanctuary!🎈
    Last edited by kat8rose; 05-21-21 at 04:49 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kat8rose View Post
    Okay, so I am confused (what's new, LOL).... Why not max out on enchanted tears and enchanted ore? Why only choose one to max out? And how many of the other item would you collect? Hope I'm making sense. Thanks, in advance, for any help. K♡
    You get a 'side goal' (calling it 'baron's goal') next to the normal goals, which lists the requirements of the next upgrade.
    For example, in Chapter 2, Goal 4 you need 15 Enchanted Tears and 15 Faerie Dust to upgrade your Faerie Hideaway to Level 2.
    Next to this goal, there will be a 'baron's goal', that asks you to collect the necessary stuff (in this case 15 Enchanted Tears and 15 Faerie Dust), and if you already have it, the goal autocompletes.
    Therein lies the tricky part. To collect some event drops in later Chapters (starting in chapter 3 I believe), this 'side baron's goal' needs to be open. Ones it closes, you can't collect any more of a certain item (have to look up how it's called in this event, the thing that drops from Desiderium Saplings)

So by not collecting the Enchanted Tears OR the Faerie Dust, the side goal will stay open, and you can collect that other item for as long as you want.
    I collected 99 of the Enchanted Tears.. we will need more than that in the end, but 99 is the max you can have.
    I hope this makes any sense

Ow, and another think to keep in mind (previously mentioned by Sylvan) is to store the Desiderium Saplings in your inventory (when you get them in Chapter 3) after 1 or 2 collections (and then get them back out), so it doesn't grow into a tree. (the storing disrupts the 'growing process')
    In previous events like this, the grown tree (or equivalent) wouldn't drop it's drop any more until later in the event. Which is not ideal if you want to get a head start in collecting the harder to acquire stuff.
    So by keeping the sapling a sapling you have a 'work around' and you can keep collecting from it, taking pressure off the last couple of days.
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 05-21-21 at 03:39 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kat8rose View Post
    It is an assurance. Starting on Day 3 or so, the event items for the sapling would have stopped when the side goal is complete. People who did not store the tree were able to collect items from it as long as they did not complete the side goal. If you max out on both the tears and the faerie dust, when you get to the number of blooms needed for Day 3 the side goal will automatically complete. Not maxing out on both will allow you to control when that side goal completes.
    My plan is to max out on the enchanted tears and only chop 2 of the Enchanted Ore.

Hopefully this makes it a little clearer.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    It is an assurance. Starting on Day 3 or so, the event items for the sapling would have stopped when the side goal is complete. People who did not store the tree were able to collect items from it as long as they did not complete the side goal. If you max out on both the tears and the faerie dust, when you get to the number of blooms needed for Day 3 the side goal will automatically complete. Not maxing out on both will allow you to control when that side goal completes.
    My plan is to max out on the enchanted tears and only chop 2 of the Enchanted Ore.

Wow, I have been playing for a long time and I did not know this strategy.

Thank you all of you for sharing it and spelling it out for us.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks RonjaR82 and SylvanSanctuary!

Nightclub Owner
    Early material & crafting estimations on page 1. This event is in general not so energy intensive. Just timing is crucial as some elements are hard to come by.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post

In my case, chopping the two enchanted ore filled the required drops for the side goal. So, if I understand your explanation, I should store my baby barons so I don?t autocomplete the side goal, right?

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast