Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Old goal pop ups

The pop ups took alot of gems that I worked hard to get. Can I have them back S8? It is your problem so please give me my gems back

New Resident
    This happens to everyone unfortunately! I am so sick of the popups!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbun23 View Post
    I had received gem refunds when I'd lost gems from old goal pop ups in Jan, April and June 2017 after submitting tickets to S8 support.

I haven't had the misfortune of losing further gems from old goal pop ups since then, but many people have had their tickets closed immediately with no gem refund.

So.. Elsa, kooky panda, pixiegamer, since apparently this old goal pop up problem cannot be fixed, can you please tell us which categories to choose when submitting tickets to S8 support that won't lead to immediate closing of tickets, with return of the stolen gems? Thanks.

PS. I'm not going to stop posting about this issue on the forum until I get an appropriate response from community manager/mods. Your silence so far with regards to my question above in other posts has truly been very disappointing.
    We've thoroughly examined the issue and identified the root cause of the issue is from Android devices that have software or hardware compatibility issues that cause the game to behave in an unpredictable way. We have not been able to reproduce the issue on a player's account using the exact same specifications, so the cause is directly impacted by something on the specific device configuration being used and the actions being made.

We're not able to provide support for issues that may occur due to third-party interference such as device issues or third-party software. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you purchased Gems with real-world money and you need help with them, please submit a request through support with the purchase category.

I know this is sort of the opposite of everyone else's reaction right now but.. I've always been curious, if you purchase the item from these pop up's, do you actually receive the item?

There are a couple old goals that I wouldn't mind purchasing, I've always kept an eye out for them when those pop ups start but haven't had any luck with it yet lol.
    Adds welcome, but Sorry, no tipping! ^.^

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weenietots View Post
    I know this is sort of the opposite of everyone else's reaction right now but.. I've always been curious, if you purchase the item from these pop up's, do you actually receive the item?

There are a couple old goals that I wouldn't mind purchasing, I've always kept an eye out for them when those pop ups start but haven't had any luck with it yet lol.
    Disclaimer: this is based on my own experience; it's entirely possible others have experienced this differently.

A long time ago, I patiently sat through all the pop-ups I got, hoping to see the opportunity to get a past goal prize. I got a pop up for all the steps leading up to the one that would award that prize, but not that particular step itself.

The other pop-ups were of a similar nature; if I'd completed that goal step in the past (however long ago), I got a pop-up, but I never got a pop-up for goal steps I'd never completed - including goals from before I started playing. I've also never seen pop-ups for goals I chose to skip.

So, in my experience, I would have already had/earned the prize that pop-up was offering anyway. I've been careful to exit my game when I see them now, but from what I've read of other people's experiences, the pop-ups don't reward anything
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed response! That's really disappointing, though. I've always thought that you'd get whatever the pop up offered.. I'm glad I never did try my luck. And no wonder people are upset, especially not even getting a double of a prize!
    Adds welcome, but Sorry, no tipping! ^.^

New Resident
    I believe this is the very issue that I have been having. I have force-closed the game, uninstalled, and restarted my device to no avail. What now?

I had to force-close and restart 6 times in half an hour. This is getting very frustrating

Host(ess)
    Force close not work.
    When i do that, still i lost my gems coz of pop ups
    Last edited by rizny; 02-08-18 at 03:43 AM.

A few years back I clicked the option to complete a goal I had been unable to finish and I got a big fat nothing. No goal steps to do, no prize, not even an error message saying sorry that's not going to happen. But they didn't hesitate to take my gems. I was new and hadn't discovered the forum yet. So I didn't get a chance to ask about a refund before lots of time had passed.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast