Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/05 Update: Baron's Tent Prizes (Dec 2019) | The Snowball Challenge (65 days)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    Does anyone really believe that the snowballs will revert to cabbages again in February? CS is getting us used to paying double for mostly useless deco. As usual, I will be lucky to have a chance to get anything useful more than 2-3 times a month. I keep getting the same useless deco day after day. I predict that the snowballs will turn into something else that costs 2 cabbages and a 6 hr. timer. I have never seen anything in this game that gets easier or cheaper to get once the rules are changed. While I hope CS keeps their word about things going back to normal, I expect that we are seeing the new normal being phased in since they probably won't just quit the Baron's tent like they did the Fortune Teller tent. I wasn't impressed with the Baron's Tent mini game to begin with, but now it's not worth wasting time to find deco after deco and paying twice the price for stuff that will sit in storage because it doesn't drop anything or mostly useless stuff. I don't see any reason to quit playing the game, but until I see a prize that I know drops guarantee daily energy, I don't plan on spending snowballs or anything else that costs 2 rotten cabbages per throw and tying up a craft building for 6 hrs/ snowball. Any guesses what will replace the snowballs if they keep the 2 for 1 plus 6 hrs model? What's the chance that if our snowballs do revert to cabbages, we'll get 2 cabbages/1 snowballs back? I hope that I am just feeling unduly pessimistic about this snowball debacle and we'll get back to normal again. I suppose it could happen. Maybe?
    I don't recall seeing anything about the Snowballs changing into anything in February. Did I miss it? I've been under the impression that when the tent changes out next month that the Snowballs will simply disappear.

I'm hoping that the tent will go back to Cabbages but who knows. If they do decide to do another form of currency I hope they'll at least release deco that drops the new currency again. The Christmas Gnomes have been dropping Snowballs pretty regularly in my realm so now if I could just get something good in rotation I'd be happy. I've had nothing but the cloud and snowman alternating for weeks!

Executive Chef
    Finally got Aspen!
    He and Juniper have moved into my Snowy Workshop.
    They’re very proud of their Ice Block.

Now hopefully a Candycane Tuffkin will appear. PotP!
    Have enough Snowballs to go for the Snowy Fawnicorn.

Surprisingly it has turned out this Snowballs instead of Cabbages version of the tent worked out quiet well.
    Thanks Storm8!
    Apologies for the upset posts at the beginning. X

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I disagree, in many of the systems I have dealt with, a timed event "label"/title can't be changed, unless the event itself is cancelled, changed, then restarted. I obviously don't know the specifics of S8's code, so I can't say for sure.
    It depends largely on the way you implement a system. For us, we create a platform/framework from which events are launched. We load the parameters like time, cost, graphics, etc. into a database and the framework pulls the data from there to create the event. Changing a title/label is just a matter of updating the specific parameter in the database. To create a "new" event, we simply load new parameters (time, cost, graphics, etc.) into the database and the framework takes care of the rest. In computer gaming layman's terms, we would call it "reskinning."

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Finally got Aspen!

Surprisingly it has turned out this Snowballs instead of Cabbages version of the tent worked out quiet well.
    Thanks Storm8!
    Apologies for the upset posts at the beginning. X
    I agree!!! This has been great. Potp for another present skunkupine for me and here is hoping cabbages remain cabbages and don't turn into (2:1 or 3:1) hearts in February!

Executive Chef
    Don’t know if anyone else has mentioned but Aspen the snowman also dropped a winter mink for me a few weeks ago. Kept my new one as a baby mink.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8FE8FCDC-203A-49E7-83AC-64D300980EC3.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	54460

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    Don’t know if anyone else has mentioned but Aspen the snowman also dropped a winter mink for me a few weeks ago. Kept my new one as a baby mink.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8FE8FCDC-203A-49E7-83AC-64D300980EC3.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	54460
    I have two of the little guys! I thought it came from my g'bread dude! Amazing to have such a fab drop. : D
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    oh, that is super cool! Thanks for sharing. I'll add that to post 1. I'll need to go back through my inventory and see if I have a baby mink too

Executive Chef
    i had stopped collecting from Juniper as christmas had passed and i hadnt gotten anything new in a while. today i tossed my 6 daily snowballs. then i got 2 more from the trolls/gnomes (whichever ones drop snowballs). now i am 1 prize shy of winning a kitsunecorn. debating buying a snowpile
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Nightclub Owner
    I've been waiting and waiting for Juniper to show up in my tent so that Aspen could have a partner but another Tuftkin showed up instead. I just know if I go for it, then Juniper will turn up soon and I'll be short of the Snowballs needed to win her. Decisions, decisions...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I've been waiting and waiting for Juniper to show up in my tent so that Aspen could have a partner but another Tuftkin showed up instead. I just know if I go for it, then Juniper will turn up soon and I'll be short of the Snowballs needed to win her. Decisions, decisions...
    I would recommend waiting!
    I was in the same boat with Aspen - and glad I waited.
    There’s still 3 weeks left so high chance he will appear.
    PotP for an Aspen in your kingdom soon! X